Guest #1Stunner

SDSU and SJSU fans. What's your secret to living the California life?

On 2/15/2017 at 7:00 PM, Castle Ram said:

Debt, the illusion of wealth.

Certainly there are wealthy people in California,10%?  The rest struggle to keep up and the middle class can only hope to cash out via their home sale. If they do they end up all across the West.

sums up CA right now.   http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-06-24/tired-expense-living-here-californians-continue-leave-state-droves

spartan-hands.gif

On 2/15/2017 at 4:00 PM, Castle Ram said:

Debt, the illusion of wealth.

Certainly there are wealthy people in California,10%?  The rest struggle to keep up and the middle class can only hope to cash out via their home sale. If they do they end up all across the West.

Hope it doesn't get too bad in colorful Colorado. Colorado is the new "in" state, ya know.  It's getting pretty dang expensive in Denver/Boulder now. Boulder is pretty much "California" expensive.

I think I read that there is gold in California    There was a big rush to get there and that's why they have so many people and they are all millionaires now because the hills are full of gold. 

I am am also very impressed with how smart and wealthy the Californians are.  What a blessed people. They get to go to the beach and see sharks and whales.  There is Hollywood, Perl Harbor and The Golden Gate Bridge is amazing! 

1 hour ago, cherrycrush said:

I think I read that there is gold in California    There was a big rush to get there and that's why they have so many people and they are all millionaires now because the hills are full of gold. 

I am am also very impressed with how smart and wealthy the Californians are.  What a blessed people. They get to go to the beach and see sharks and whales.  There is Hollywood, Perl Harbor and The Golden Gate Bridge is amazing! 

And here I went all the way to Hawaii to visit Pearl Harbor.  I totally got screwed on airfare!  :P

23 hours ago, creeper86 said:

seems high.....especially for a mobile.

Must be because of the add on tin shed (aka garage/guest house).

I'd like to chime in, even though the OP is just talking trash.

California is a big state, a really big state. And like any other big state, there's a lot of bad areas, and a lot of good areas. The heavy tourist areas like Southern Cal, the coast, and the Bay are always going to be the most expensive areas to live in. That goes for just about any state. You're paying for the atmosphere, plain and simple.

San Jose and San Diego are popular cities for tourism and businesses. So, the housing market is crazy. Just like it is in LA, San Fran, and the Central Coast.

That being said, Central California (Bakersfield up to Stockton) is not a big tourist area, away from the coast, and not as attractive for businesses, so, housing prices are low.

And I'm cool with that. I bought my first home in Clovis, just outside of Fresno. I love my house, it's beautiful. And I honestly couldn't afford that house anywhere else in California, literally, I've looked because I've had job offers outside of Central Cal but it would be a step down for me because while I'd be making more money, I wouldn't be able to afford crap.

All that being said, Fresno gets a bad rep but people forget that Fresno is the 5th largest city in California with over half a million people. Any time you get cities that big, there's a ton of crime and poverty. Just look at the other big cities like LA, San Jose, San Diego, and San Fran, and they have their fair share of ghettoness.

And if you want to get technical, there was a pretty thorough study done last year that rated the worst crime cities in California, Fresno came in at #20...and while that's nothing to brag about, because I know Fresno can still be pretty ghetto, it's still safer than many other cities in California like San Francisco, Riverside, Sacramento, and LA...

http://www.gddlaw.com/2016/05/12/cities-california-dangerous/

• Like 1

1MXnKMV.jpg

14 minutes ago, spartanbadass said:

Big difference in weather as well. Those other cities you mentioned have pleasant weather. Fresno and the Central Valley not so much, In fact some would say it's intolerable.

Yea, I can understand that. Being from So Cal, that was my biggest issue at first. The heat is just crazy in the summers.

However, it is 100% dry heat, so you adjust really quick. 0 humidity, so you can still do things throughout the day without feeling like you're going to die.

And, here in Central California everything has A/C. All the shopping centers, restaurants, event centers....etc. It seems like every where is trying to accommodate you.

Funny story, we know some people that moved out to Orange County. They came back to visit one time and complained out hot it was sometimes, and no one had A/C! Everywhere they went, it was hot! My sister in law said the same thing when she moved to San Luis Obispo...it was hotter than hell one day and absolutely NO WHERE to cool down cause no on had A/C's out there!

1MXnKMV.jpg