boisewitha-s

Uconn to BE

much like I thought...just more Rothstein BS...

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-basketball/news/big-east-conference-uconn-expansion-rumors-huskies/184tjudpygvbj1px6z59b7nmig

Is Connecticut trying to re-join the Big East Conference? The short answer is no.

UConn athletic director David Benedict said in a statement Wednesday, "there is no truth to the rumors and reports that UConn has had discussions with the Big East Conference for possible membership."

According to an earlier report from FanRagSports, the Big East and UConn had recent discussions about the Huskies leaving the American for the Big East in all sports. There is a catch, however. Since Big East participants do not have football, the Huskies would need to find a different conference in which to play football. 

mem skyline sig.jpeg

3 hours ago, UofMTigers said:

then you guys should invite them, lol...you can sit back and listen to them tell you how crappy you are and how amazing Jim Calhoun was...and ALL about clam chowder...oh and did I mention they used to be in the Big East!!! don't worry...they'll tell you ALL about it...over and over and over and over...

did I mention they were in the Big East? oh, they used to be in the amazing Big East in case you didn't know!!!

Honestly this type of stuff is silly.  UConn has done more in college athletics over the past 20 years, based on just their men's and women's basketball program, than pretty much every G5 league, and most teams in P5 leagues.

• Like 4

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

19 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

Wow.

UConn realizes that its basketball program is dying a slow death in the AAC, which is not nearly as good as the Big East.

Ranking of conferences by averaging AdjO and AdjD of the teams

Conference Rating Conference Rating
1 Big 12 Conference +19.29 17 Ivy League -2.31
2 Atlantic Coast Conference +17.22 18 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference -3.18
3 Big East Conference +15.05 19 Horizon League -3.47
4 Big Ten Conference +13.62 20 Conference USA -3.78
5 Southeastern Conference +12.11 21 Ohio Valley Conference -4.55
6 Pac 12 Conference +10.09 22 Western Athletic Conference -4.67
7 American Athletic Conference +6.70 23 Patriot League -4.77
8 Atlantic 10 Conference +4.56 24 America East Conference -5.71
9 Mountain West Conference +2.89 25 Atlantic Sun Conference -6.42
10 Missouri Valley Conference +2.39 26 Big Sky Conference -7.75
11 West Coast Conference +0.96 27 Big South Conference -8.46
12 Colonial Athletic Association +0.63 28 Southland Conference -8.62
13 Southern Conference -0.39 29 Big West Conference -9.41
14 Mid American Conference -0.51 30 Northeast Conference -10.71
15 Sun Belt Conference -1.15 31 Southwestern Athletic Conference -17.52
16 Summit League -2.20 32 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference -17.61

http://www.fanragsports.com/cbb/rothstein-uconn-big-east-recent-discussions-expansion/

I wonder of the AAC will allow UConn football to stay, or if UConn will join BYU and go Indy for football.  I'm thinking that UConn would have a fairly easy time scheduling games for football as an Indy.

SEPT - 4 games vs P5 schools

OCT -  4 games vs G5 and P5 schools

NOV - games vs fellow Indys Notre Dame, BYU and UMASS, and maybe FCS.

It would be good for BYU if uconn were Indy in football.  Have home and homes in the greater NYC market every other year.

I don't think MAC would take say uconn and umass football-only since that would cut into the MAC's 12 million from pool A.

~ FF

If uconn did go to BE, AAC will be ok.  Would be great for them if they could convince Army to join as football-only.  Would have them a perfect 10 teams for basketball.....and their basketball really wouldn't miss much with uconn as a uconn in the aac.  Just a bad fit for uconn and the aac as well.

And too bad Gonzaga is so far west.  They'd be the perfect team to go to the BE with uconn.  Gonzaga does not fit but geographically in the top heavy WCC with their high school gymnasiums.

~ FF

8 hours ago, Jack Bauer said:

Honestly this type of stuff is silly.  UConn has done more in college athletics over the past 20 years, based on just their men's and women's basketball program, than pretty much every G5 league, and most teams in P5 leagues.

I'm not impressed...

mem skyline sig.jpeg

1 hour ago, UofMTigers said:

I'm not impressed...

Yeah, 4 men's national titles since 1999 and 11 from the women's program since 1995 sucks.  Bad.  That much success from both a men's and women's program is unprecedented in NCAA history.  

At some point you just have to tip your hat and move on.  I get it, you don't like their fans, but they're much more of an asset to your league just based on their basketball than your league is to them.  The argument could easily be made that the AAC has dragged down their men's program, which is why they're sniffing around in the first place.  

If UConn leaves the AAC, it will hurt the league much more than it hurts UConn.      

• Like 4

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

10 hours ago, Jack Bauer said:

This. And the denial by UConn's AD that his school has contemplated moving to the BE means about as much as Bob Bowlsby announcing last fall that B12 expansion is now off the table for the foreseeable future because conference presidents had "unanimously" voted against it.

• Like 1

Boom goes the dynamite.

UConn wants to pull a Hawaii, football in one conference and Oly's in another. But they're getting resistance from the AAC. I can't remember if Hawaii got any from the MWC or not?

On 2/15/2017 at 9:00 AM, UofMTigers said:

that's why UConn is in the AAC in the first place...they were out playing hoops while BC took the ACC spot and Rutgers took their B10 spot...FOOTBALL drives the bus,Unless you're UConn, Duke, North Carolina or Kentucky.... 

FIFY

On 2/15/2017 at 9:27 AM, UofMTigers said:

they only play there 1-2 times a year because it's too expensive and not needed in the MAC/Indy...in the AAC they will suddenly get 2 million per year from ESPN to pay for things like that. (stadium rent)

they can always play 2-3 OOC games at Amherst to make some side $$$

Clearly you don't know or get where core of UMass's fan base is....

5 hours ago, crixus said:

UConn wants to pull a Hawaii, football in one conference and Oly's in another. But they're getting resistance from the AAC. I can't remember if Hawaii got any from the MWC or not?

As I understand it the decision was mutual.

We didn't really want their other sports and the Big West worked better for them.

Apples and Oranges though. This is more comparable to BYU moving their Football out and wanting to keep the other sports in the Conference.

• Like 1

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

22 hours ago, Jack Bauer said:

At some point you just have to tip your hat and move on.

lol, no I don't, and no I won't...If you like them so much, invite them...too bad you have no conference to invite them to.

they can stay or go, it matters not to me.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

1 hour ago, UofMTigers said:

lol, no I don't, and no I won't...If you like them so much, invite them...too bad you have no conference to invite them to.

they can stay or go, it matters not to me.

You can deny the greatness all you like.  They're a better program and school than you by a longshot.  Their fans were mean?  Who cares?  

23 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

LOL@ any Memphis fan ragging out someone else's fanbase.

really? we have the #1 AAC basketball attendance...and we're top five in G5 football attendance at 37,346.

over 261,419 people came out to the Liberty Bowl last season to watch Memphis football. (and that's without an SEC visitor, we get UCLA next season)

I'm fine with those numbers.

mem skyline sig.jpeg