masterfrog

A New Team All Alone in First Place

Definitely feels good and I'm stoked for the 7 guys making it happen.   They've worked their asses off and fought through adversity to give themselves a shot.  Still a tough road to hoe, but they've been counted out all year,  so nothing new there. 

• Like 2

Dont forget about the other 1st place team at CSU.  Shooting for their 4th consecutive MWC regular season crown and a big game tonight in Moby as they host 2nd place WYO.  A win tonight and the CSU Women will have a two game lead with 4 to play. They are currently 59-8 in conference play over those 3+ years; the most dominant stretch by any hoops team in MWC history.  

Should be a great game in Moby tonight.  The coaches are great friends and respect each other a ton.

1 hour ago, wolfpack1 said:

That is how the schedule went this year, but I am thinking will probably will get them in the tournament again

The winner of the MWC tournament goes dancing.  The NIT will pick a couple.  The rest will be golfing.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

6 hours ago, boisewitha-s said:

Gonna be short lived. 

Kudos to CSU, they've really stepped up! But I think Boise State is the best team in the MW. Anything can happen in the conference tournament and I expect some upsets there. B)

3 hours ago, crixus said:

Kudos to CSU, they've really stepped up! But I think Boise State is the best team in the MW. Anything can happen in the conference tournament and I expect some upsets there. B)

I've said all along that the league comes down to BSU v UNR this year.  I still think that's how it'll work out.

Still, I pulled up the standings page on the MWC website just to stare at them for a minute.  It's something I don't recall seeing before, and probably won't last.  I want to enjoy it while I've got it.

1 minute ago, Headbutt said:

I've said all along that the league comes down to BSU v UNR this year.  I still think that's how it'll work out.

Still, I pulled up the standings page on the MWC website just to stare at them for a minute.  It's something I don't recall seeing before, and probably won't last.  I want to enjoy it while I've got it.

Your 14 legs lasting for another month will be CSUs challenge.  Has LE reduced practices to help save 'em?

The World Needs More Cowboys!

9 minutes ago, pokebball said:

Your 14 legs lasting for another month will be CSUs challenge.  Has LE reduced practices to help save 'em?

Nevada's basically in the same boat. We only have 7-8 guys that get any real minutes. 

Just now, pokebball said:

They're getting a couple of days off this week, conditioning only.  It occurred to me that we'd probably be better off with a real low seed in the tourney.  Face the best team we'll see on day one, and hopefully get a chance to take our chances later with a lesser squad.  That ain't happening, so the hope now is to get as high a seed as possible and hope we can hang.

3 minutes ago, bigd said:

Nevada's basically in the same boat. We only have 7-8 guys that get any real minutes. 

That CSU/Nevada game should be interesting.  Both teams playing slowdown, both teams trying to get the other into foul trouble.

• Like 1