badfish

SDSU sending 4 to NFL Combine

Pumphrey (RB)

Kazee (CB)

Siragusa (OG)

Brunskill (TE/OT)

Surprised by Brunskill (he was a solid TE who switched to OT in fall camp this season due to an injury to our starting RT), but this is a great shot for him to prove his worth as a pass catcher again. 

Couple of things jump out here....

How was LSU 8-4 this year? Paper Tigers? Sorry couldn't resist. 

Our league does not have the depth but the Big 12 is not that far ahead of us in terms of invites.

To the stars don't matter crowd, look at the SEC...holy crap. To the stars are everything crowd Air Force and Wyoming are in.  

SDSU nice job....it would be very cool to have 4 guys drafted. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, badfish said:

Pumphrey (RB)

Kazee (CB)

Siragusa (OG)

Brunskill (TE/OT)

Surprised by Brunskill (he was a solid TE who switched to OT in fall camp this season due to an injury to our starting RT), but this is a great shot for him to prove his worth as a pass catcher again. 

Also surprised that Calvin Munson isn't on the list.  I really think he'll stick even if he isn't drafted.

1 hour ago, aztech said:

Also surprised that Calvin Munson isn't on the list.  I really think he'll stick even if he isn't drafted.

He was very impressive to me live. Good form tackler with all the tools you need at the next level.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

30 minutes ago, sdsuphilip4 said:

I believe Munson was ranked in PFF's college football top 101. He definitely has a place in the league in certain sub packages

What do you think the knock on him is, exactly? Is it a deeper class of LBs this year? I had him in the combine for sure. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

35 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

What do you think the knock on him is, exactly? Is it a deeper class of LBs this year? I had him in the combine for sure. 

IDK. He should get drafted, and I'm shocked they invited Brunskill, who was a converted TE who played RT last year. Maybe scouts wanted to see Brunskills ball skills again? Back to Munson, I don't think he'd really blow anyone away in the drills, he's more of a player than pure athlete (if that makes sense)

Just now, badfish said:

IDK. He should get drafted, and I'm shocked they invited Brunskill, who was a converted TE who played RT last year. Maybe scouts wanted to see Brunskills ball skills again? Back to Munson, I don't think he'd really blow anyone away in the drills, he's more of a player than pure athlete (if that makes sense)

Yeah I get that. He just seemed solid in all areas. Probably not going to measure off the charts, but good enough to make a career in the league. 

34 minutes ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

big 12 has really fallen off in terms of nfl talent as of late outside of a couple schools, it feels like.  Pot meet kettle obviosuly but still. 

How Texas and Georgia (who's top 10'recruiting classes every year) only get 1 guy a piece is mind-boggling.

Just now, madmartigan said:

Yeah I get that. He just seemed solid in all areas. Probably not going to measure off the charts, but good enough to make a career in the league. 

Yup, typical MWC guy in the NFL, just a hard worker.

36 minutes ago, badfish said:

My impression of Munson is that he's very instinctive and reacts much more quickly and efficiently. he will play somewhere.

17 hours ago, (wyo)Ming the Merciless said:

Couple of things jump out here....

How was LSU 8-4 this year? Paper Tigers? Sorry couldn't resist. 

Our league does not have the depth but the Big 12 is not that far ahead of us in terms of invites.

To the stars don't matter crowd, look at the SEC...holy crap. To the stars are everything crowd Air Force and Wyoming are in.  

Well put.

Lack of depth is maybe the single biggest problem with this conference. I've seen it for years with SDSU. We're almost always good against other MWC schools and can play the big boys close but when it gets to crunch time, they generally just wear us down and that's all she wrote.

As to LSU, they prematurely fired Les Miles. The man may suffer from doofism but he can definitely coach.

• Like 1

Boom goes the dynamite.

15 hours ago, madmartigan said:

He was very impressive to me live. Good form tackler with all the tools you need at the next level.

Also great at reading his keys to anticipate what's coming.

I have to wonder whether the specter of Miles Burris might not be hurting Munson since he's such a similar player in that both were 2-time all-MWC first team LBs at SDSU. Burris was drafted in the fourth round by the Raiders and they gave him plenty of opportunity to play but he just never did much and after three years they cut him following the 2015 season Surprisingly to me, nobody picked him up last year. I know Burris had a couple chronic injury problems but for him to be totally out of the league was surprising.

Boom goes the dynamite.