BSUTOP25

What America Really Needs ...

15 minutes ago, BroncoOrange said:

Buck up and stop being a pussy, is the John Wayne attitude. It has nothing to do with him as a person, but hey I guess we can all find things to complain and bitch about.

If we are just going by attitude, I would go with Batman.  Or if we are eliminating defects of a person, Forrest Gump was pretty awesome too.  :USFlag:

5 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

If we are just going by attitude, I would go with Batman.  Or if we are eliminating defects of a person, Forrest Gump was pretty awesome too.  :USFlag:

Which Batman? I'm guessing you'd go with the Christian Bale Batman? Or maybe Val Kilmer or George Clooney?

On 2/10/2017 at 5:33 PM, Jwherb said:

Also, there's this little nugget:

Never quit, indeed.

Was John Wayne a perfect person? Certainly not, at least not as amazing as you are J-dubs. I'm sure if John Wayne were alive today he would purchase your autobiography on perfection. 

Anyway, the OP was about the attitude expressed in the quote and wasn't intended to be a toss of sand into any vaginas. I'll also be paying attention to see if your non-contextual selective righteousness will be on display the next time someone quotes or references Jefferson, Lincoln, Woodrow Wilson, FDR ... or maybe more appropriately Michael Richards (Kramer from Seinfield) Charlie Sheen, Chevy Chase, John Mayer, etc. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

11 hours ago, Rebels18 said:

Yeah!!! That will show em'!!!

i bet that got like, a million facebook likes!1

is that frumpy ass the best the left can come up with?? lol yikes

Young conservatives tend to be much more attractive than young liberals.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2017/01/10/conservatives-really-are-better-looking-research-says/

http://hypeline.org/study-finds-conservatives-are-more-attractive-than-liberals/

http://www.mediaite.com/online/study-finds-that-conservatives-are-generally-more-good-looking/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/04/conservative-politicians-_n_831486.html

Now this is pretty simple.  In general, ugly people tend to embrace victim culture.  They see themselves as societal victims and the lefts message that everybody aside from good looking ciss gendered white men are victims is very appealing.  

3 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Young conservatives tend to be much more attractive than young liberals.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2017/01/10/conservatives-really-are-better-looking-research-says/

http://hypeline.org/study-finds-conservatives-are-more-attractive-than-liberals/

http://www.mediaite.com/online/study-finds-that-conservatives-are-generally-more-good-looking/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/04/conservative-politicians-_n_831486.html

Now this is pretty simple.  In general, ugly people tend to embrace victim culture.  They see themselves as societal victims and the lefts message that everybody aside from good looking ciss gendered white men are victims is very appealing.  

Victim culture is equally strong on the right. A significant minority of Trump supporters believe that white people and Christians are unfairly treated in this country. Difference is on the left there's some actual basis for victimhood (like quantifiable systemic racism and sexism), whereas on the right it's pure fantasy.

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

2 minutes ago, youngrebelfan40 said:

Victim culture is equally strong on the right. A significant minority of Trump supporters believe that white people and Christians are unfairly treated in this country. Difference is on the left there's some actual basis for victimhood (like quantifiable systemic racism and sexism), whereas on the right it's pure fantasy.

Lol.  Women are NOT a systemically oppressed or marginalized group.  Yes there are victims, real victims, women in general are NOT victims.  Race, yes.  Sex, no.  The problem with the left is everybody wants to be a victim.  If I see one more Asian American on social media talk about white privilege I will slap a mother f'er.

11 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Lol.  Women are NOT a systemically oppressed or marginalized group.  Yes there are victims, real victims, women in general are NOT victims.  Race, yes.  Sex, no.  The problem with the left is everybody wants to be a victim.  If I see one more Asian American on social media talk about white privilege I will slap a mother f'er.

Sex is different and less pernicious than race discrimination, that's for sure. 

White privilege is an objective concept, I'm not sure why any race of people talking about it would anger you  

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

10 minutes ago, youngrebelfan40 said:

Sex is different and less pernicious than race discrimination, that's for sure. 

White privilege is an objective concept, I'm not sure why any race of people talking about it would anger you  

Well, Asian Americans are the least incarcerated, highest earners, most educated and PRIVILEGED people in the country statistically.  Soooo many my age, who I know and like and went to school with, seem to think that not being white has marginalized them contrary to ALL evidence.  More victim culture run rampant.  Being a young strait white male, I will never have to experience certain things, I know that.  However I guarantee a rich black kid had a much much much much easier life and childhood than I did and I am no damn victim.  The concept is very insulting.  Why certain people crave to be victims is ludicrous to me.

12 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Well, Asian Americans are the least incarcerated, highest earners, most educated and PRIVILEGED people in the country statistically.  Soooo many my age, who I know and like and went to school with, seem to think that not being white has marginalized them contrary to ALL evidence.  More victim culture run rampant.  Being a young strait white male, I will never have to experience certain things, I know that.  However I guarantee a rich black kid had a much much much much easier life and childhood than I did and I am no damn victim.  The concept is very insulting.  Why certain people crave to be victims is ludicrous to me.

Well, class certainly plays a role. But even black people of the same class as white people are statistically more likely to fall down in class in their or their children's lifetime than their white counterparts, are less likely to find employment with similar levels of education, less likely to have access to generational wealth, etc. So class and race intersect in complicated ways, its not one or the other.

Being a victim can get overboard, but it certainly isn't completely unjustified if you're a racial minority. White Christian victimhood of the Trumpian populist variety on the other hand...

5 minutes ago, youngrebelfan40 said:

Well, class certainly plays a role. But even black people of the same class as white people are statistically more likely to fall down im class in their or their children's lifetime than their white counterparts, are less likely to find employment with similar levels of education, less likely to have access to generational wealth, etc.

No argument there.  White supremacy is built into the fabric of our nation and it will take generations to fix.  And that is only if cooperation can be achieved.  As I believe you once said, slavery is Americas original sin.  It pisses me off other non white ciss gendered male groups try and draw parallels with their own "causes".

If that makes any sense.  One of those things is not like the other.

47 minutes ago, youngrebelfan40 said:

Like everything you post you are too stupid to understand even basic research.

This is what happens when you don't have an education.  You don't understand what statistics say.  You can't separate your feelings about one occurrence, versus the preponderance of the evidence.