TheTedfordTrain

Bleymaier "Fired" as SJSU's AD

Just now, Dr. Dre said:

some dude is building a golf course that requires the demolition of venues for mentioned teams

It really only affected softball and tennis (as far as facilities). Baseball plays at Municipal Stadium (which in South Campus) and only used the baseball field for practice.

Guest Dr. Dre
4 minutes ago, creeper86 said:

ez... .don't make me come over there.... I know where you and moms live....

I'll just come to you. I can smell tuna boat you call your wife from SD. You can hold my beer while I hose her down and shave her back.

2 minutes ago, idkk said:

It really only affected softball and tennis (as far as facilities). Baseball plays at Municipal Stadium (which in South Campus) and only used the baseball field for practice.

You left them without a practice facility.  I'd say they were affected. 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

3 minutes ago, Dr. Dre said:

I'll just come to you. I can smell tuna boat you call your wife from SD. You can hold my beer while I hose her down and shave her back.

Oh yea, well..... shave a "San" on the back will you? maybe the score of our recent basketball clash? whatever you like with that tuna boat, DreDog. I'll hold your wine cooler.

59 minutes ago, just_chris said:

I hear Tina Kunzer Murphy is looking for a job ;) 

She was given a post AD job so she'll stick around at UNLV to continue being active at cocktail parties.

I do wish we had SJSU's president, guy isn't messing around and that's the kind of leadership needed at unlv. Hopefully Jessup takes a hike and heads back to Arizona soon.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, FalesGoesB4Carr said:

You sold your baseball, softball, and soccer teams down the river when you agreed to build some guy a millionaire playground on your land without a plan to find new homes for those teams. It was a terrible decision by your administration. Its truly sad that those teams will all be playing in municipal stadiums until you guys can scrounge up enough money to build something for them. 

Is this the baseball field they sometimes play on?  Or is this the field that got torn down for the golf course?

I'm not sure why they wouldn't play their baseball games at this top notch facility.

SJSU-BlethenField.jpg

7 minutes ago, Cincy said:

Is this the baseball field they sometimes play on?  Or is this the field that got torn down for the golf course?

I'm not sure why they wouldn't play their baseball games at this top notch facility.

SJSU-BlethenField.jpg

That's the one that got torn down. As I mentioned before, they play at Muni...which is also the home stadium for the SJ Giants (MiLB - Single A).

47 minutes ago, idkk said:

That's the one that got torn down. As I mentioned before, they play at Muni...which is also the home stadium for the SJ Giants (MiLB - Single A).

Where are they going to practice when the SJ Giants are practicing or playing? 8th hole fairway? 

• Like 3

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

I think what it boiled down to is Bleymaier just wasn't a fundraiser.  SJSU has a long athletic history so he should have reached out to boosters and befriended them.  Not just one or two.  They have a lot of prominent alumni who're still alive.   It's typical for CSU presidents to not enthusiastically support athletics so it's up to the AD to raise money to get things done.      

2 hours ago, mugtang said:

Wow...

I never liked Bleymaier. He would purposely hire coaches just because they had ties to his alma mater, UCLA. I want an AD that actually interviews more than one candidate for a job. So I'm glad to hear this good news! :D

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, aztech said:

I think what it boiled down to is Bleymaier just wasn't a fundraiser.  SJSU has a long athletic history so he should have reached out to boosters and befriended them.  Not just one or two.  They have a lot of prominent alumni who're still alive.   It's typical for CSU presidents to not enthusiastically support athletics so it's up to the AD to raise money to get things done.      

He wasn't one at Boise State either.

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

Guest Dr. Dre
2 minutes ago, creeper86 said:

speaking of trains, where's moms?

I got her right here- along with your wife and sister. 

Here, I took a family photo so you wouldn't worry

AudubonZoo2007005.jpg