TheTedfordTrain

Bleymaier "Fired" as SJSU's AD

He was "reassigned", but pretty obvious he wasn't given a choice. Obvious whiff on Caragher and the NEZ project. Boise's magic man was able to virtually accomplished nothing at SJSU.

http://www.eastbaytimes.com/2017/02/09/changes-coming-san-jose-state-calls-mandatory-meeting/?utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_source=Twitter&utm_term=Autofeed#link_time=1486655624

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

Our new prez isn't messing around:

Gene Bleymaier is stepping aside after five years as San Jose State’s athletic director to focus on essential South Campus facility projects.

Bleymaier will serve as a special advisor to president Mary Papazian “with responsibility for ensuring momentum and progress on development plans for our athletics facilities,” according to a news release issued by the university.

Deputy Marie Tuite will serve as interim athletic director, a role she has held previously.

“I am looking forward to this opportunity to focus fully on our South Campus master plan, which is critical to the future success of our athletics programs,” Bleymaier said.

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/02/09/changes-coming-san-jose-state-calls-mandatory-meeting/

Maybe they will hire Cary Groth as they're into MWC retreads as athletic directors. 

• Like 2

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Guest Dr. Dre

Bleymaier will serve as a special advisor to president Mary Papazian “with responsibility for ensuring momentum and progress on development plans for our athletics facilities,”

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

2 minutes ago, FalesGoesB4Carr said:

You have to wonder, if a man who brought Boise to prominence can't do anything at SJSU, who can? 

I don't know but for the good of the conference we need SJSU to improve. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 minute ago, Dr. Dre said:

Bleymaier will serve as a special advisor to president Mary Papazian “with responsibility for ensuring momentum and progress on development plans for our athletics facilities,”

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

In other words, he got fired 

Guest Dr. Dre
Just now, mugtang said:

I don't know but for the good of the conference we need SJSU to improve. 

They're a TURD of an institution! There is no hope for that skank of a school- just like there is no hope of creeper's skank of a wife taking a bath

3 minutes ago, Dr. Dre said:

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Yeah, because he succeeded enormously on the NEZ project. 

http://www.mercurynews.com/2012/05/24/mark-purdy-san-jose-states-hiring-of-gene-bleymaier-raises-questions/

Bleymaier's demotion only a couple months after the firing of Ron Caragher is implicit notification by SJSU's administration to its fan base that Dick Vermiel is now unofficially persona non grata at the school. Finally. And good riddance.

It also shows that the new prez has considerably larger testes than her predecessor. Figuratively speaking.

• Like 1

Boom goes the dynamite.

I will say that although the NEZ is stalled, there is momentum for the other projects in South Campus. The first phase of the golf facility is done and substantial amounts of money have been raised for softball, soccer, baseball. So, I'm somewhat hopeful that Gene will be able to see things through and get more shovels in the ground. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, idkk said:

I will say that although the NEZ is stalled, there is momentum for the other projects in South Campus. The first phase of the golf facility is done and substantial amounts of money has been raised for softball, soccer, baseball. So, I'm somewhat hopeful that Gene will be able to see things through and get more shovels in the ground. 

You sold your baseball, softball, and soccer teams down the river when you agreed to build some guy a millionaire playground on your land without a plan to find new homes for those teams. It was a terrible decision by your administration. Its truly sad that those teams will all be playing in municipal stadiums until you guys can scrounge up enough money to build something for them. 

12 minutes ago, idkk said:

I will say that although the NEZ is stalled, there is momentum for the other projects in South Campus. The first phase of the golf facility is done and substantial amounts of money have been raised for softball, soccer, baseball. So, I'm somewhat hopeful that Gene will be able to see things through and get more shovels in the ground. 

Once again, golf, softball and soccer are totally irrelevant regarding SJSU's worth to the MWC and baseball isn't much better. Hopefully your new AD will shit can that ridiculous painting on your hardwood for hoops and get the NEZ project off the ground. Many folks are keeping their fingers crossed on such improvements but they could be just a bunch of little Dutch boys holding back the dike. #it'sclicheday

• Like 1

Boom goes the dynamite.

8 minutes ago, FalesGoesB4Carr said:

You sold your baseball, softball, and soccer teams down the river when you agreed to build a millionaire playground on your land without a plan to find new homes for those teams. It was a terrible decision by your administration. Its truly sad that those teams will all be playing in municipal stadiums until you guys can scrounge up enough money to build something for them. 

I have no idea what you're referring to. Please explain.

Boom goes the dynamite.

Guest Dr. Dre
1 minute ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

I have no idea what you're referring to. Please explain.

some dude is building a golf course that requires the demolition of venues for mentioned teams