fbpack

UNLV @ Nevada

3 hours ago, BestintheWest said:

Many of them convert back to UNLV basketball fans when they move back down here.

Source: 4 of my HS friends that went UNR. Would come down to Vegas for football games wearing FUNLV shirts. 2 of them have UNLV basketball season tickets now. 1 is the stepson of a big UNLV booster.

Reno is a great school for the Vegas kids that want that out of town experience, but getting all the benefits of being in state and easy flights back and forth.

I see UNLV and UNR stickers on the same car all the time. Blows my mind, but then I remember the multiple cousins and friends I've had that last less than 2 years in Reno and transfer back to UNLV.

UNLV sticker on left side. 3 UNR stickers on right side. lol

glpAcc0.jpg

this is absolutely true, i have several patients that move back after graduation, and every one of them has said it was fun while they were there and they cheered for the pack, but they are rebels at heart,and are back to being rebel fans. they just wanted to move away for a while.

and for what it's worth, i know it has been said here that no reno kids come to vegas to go to school, but that is simply not true. i see a few every year. and ALSO!! i have two patients that i saw during christmas break who are going to csu!!! i know, right?? :shrug:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

this is absolutely true, i have several patients that move back after graduation, and every one of them has said it was fun while they were there and they cheered for the pack, but they are rebels at heart,and are back to being rebel fans. they just wanted to move away for a while.

and for what it's worth, i know it has been said here that no reno kids come to vegas to go to school, but that is simply not true. i see a few every year. and ALSO!! i have two patients that i saw during christmas break who are going to csu!!! i know, right?? :shrug:

Yep I agree, we all grew up in Reno but my brother went to UNLV.  He still cheers for the Pack but the rebels are his passion now.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

That's how it works. You live in city, you leave for college and return home. See numerous leaders in your community like Sig Rogich and William Boyd among countless others. Some Northern Nev kids do go to Vegas - obviously. But I'd bet the percentage was much higher in the 80s and 90s as Vegas' admin focuses on Clark County and not much else these days. Vegas is a different animal though going from a town the size of Reno then to Sacramento now.

Vegas' valedictorian scholarship used to be a big deal for the small towns. Wonder why it let that program suffer?

1 hour ago, Htownfan said:

Rebels sitting last place in standings against the Pack  1st place is WAR. Rebels are Battle Born and ready

Well hey, we are 8 points In 3 games away from being in 5th place, tied with Fresno. :P   So there's that. 

3 minutes ago, toonkee said:

http://www.themwc.com/page/watch-live

The undercard.

Lady Rebs are 17-0 against Lady Wolfpack in Las Vegas.

Also, there are more people at this game than most SJSU games.

giphy.gif

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

2 minutes ago, Rosegreen said:

Mug you do remind me of Andy Cohen. 

Lol thanks.  Except he's thinner and has more hair. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater