IanforHeisman

First place!

45 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

Boise St takes the lead after tonight's win.. Not confident they will finish there but didn't think they'd be in this position in the preseason. No matter how crappy the conference is.

And the Colorado State women now sit in 1st place at 10-1. Remember when I congratulated the Boise women for winning their Super Bowl?  The Lady Broncos have gone 3-6 since they beat CSU in Fort Collins.

By the way, Rice has his team playing well. They were really good the first 15 minutes at Moby the other night. Better than anything I've seen so far. They might have enough to hold on.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

And the Colorado State women now sit in 1st place at 10-1. Remember when I congratulated the Boise women for winning their Super Bowl?  The Lady Broncos have gone 3-6 since they beat CSU in Fort Collins.

By the way, Rice has his team playing well. They were really good the first 15 minutes at Moby the other night. Better than anything I've seen so far. They might have enough to hold on.

They're probably not the best team in the league, but they are the only team that doesn't have a bad loss and that may end up being enough when it's all said and done. 

I don't know of a single Bronco fan that even had that as a long shot possibility. Still a lot of basketball left, but they look as likely as any team not named UNR to win it 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

Yeah I don't know what happened to the women's team. Up to that game they were killin it. Super Bowl took a lot out of that team.

Congrats Broncos.  Means the game on the 22nd will likely be for first place, again.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

I think this year's MWC tournament is going to be one of the best ever. Las Vegas will be upset city! 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, IanforHeisman said:

Wow you're right.. how weird.

Super bummed for UNM. I thought they were the best team we played all year.

Really super bummed about UNM as well, lol. Seems as though this team has no fight left in it. Teams lose star players all the time, but  but this team has been lethargic at best since losing Williams and Kuiper. 

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

12 hours ago, kingpotato said:

They're probably not the best team in the league, but they are the only team that doesn't have a bad loss and that may end up being enough when it's all said and done. 

I don't know of a single Bronco fan that even had that as a long shot possibility. Still a lot of basketball left, but they look as likely as any team not named UNR to win it 

I had us pegged as the 6th or 7th best team going into the season.  Lol.

You couldn't have gotten me to take money on anything above 5th this year, especially if you told me Duncan went in the tank.   But all that matters now is top 5 or so and no 4th game in the MWC tournament.  

Beckerman and Burns.   Rice so totally improved his staff over the spring. 

12 hours ago, crixus said:

I think this year's MWC tournament is going to be one of the best ever. 

A bunch of mediocre teams tripping over themselves to the finish line will be one of the best MWCT's ever?  I urge you to ask some people about when this conference was actually good about the tournament.

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I had us pegged as the 6th or 7th best team going into the season.  Lol.

I figured 4th was the ceiling and I would have considered a top half finish to be a successful year. 

Best part is, with the contributions/growth of the youth they'll be contenders for this and the next two years 

1 minute ago, kingpotato said:

I figured 4th was the ceiling and I would have considered a top half finish to be a successful year. 

Best part is, with the contributions/growth of the youth they'll be contenders for this and the next two years 

Yea I expect us to be considerably better next year.

1 minute ago, East Coast Aztec said:

A bunch of mediocre teams tripping over themselves to the finish line will be one of the best MWCT's ever?  I urge you to ask some people about when this conference was actually good about the tournament.

Yeah, we got an at-large when the MW was the #1 ranked conference in the country 

rehost%2F2016%2F9%2F13%2F09e69c3c-5657-4b65-8739-faee9743b76b.jpg