On 2/6/2017 at 0:53 PM, Newmexpoke said:

We're also poor as shit. Don't forget that part. 

Last link I saw- showed UNM overall #1 in the conference. Multiple factors. It was a topic on this board. I googled and directed me to MWC board.

Nevada was #11th.

You have the money. Your budget was just over $47 million.

Our budget- $27 million and change.

On 2/6/2017 at 10:53 AM, Newmexpoke said:

We're also poor as shit. Don't forget that part. 

2 or 3 years ago i sat by some lobos at the MW tournament, and the guy (about 27 or so) was telling me that since he graduated from high school with a GPA over 3.0, his tuition was free. not discounted, but free, and this was for everybody. is this true? this wasn't pell grant money. nevada has the millenium scholarship that rose from tobacco money that is good for $1000 a year (or maybe semester), but if there is free tuition, my kids missed out on it. this is great for the state of new mexico, but can anyone tell me how this is sustained?

12 hours ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

Last link I saw- showed UNM overall #1 in the conference. Multiple factors. It was a topic on this board. I googled and directed me to MWC board.

Nevada was #11th.

You have the money. Your budget was just over $47 million.

Our budget- $27 million and change.

^ ^ ^

it will get to the point that it will cost unm more to keep neal, than to pay the buyout and let him go. i read that his contract is for $1 mill up until the last year, it doesn't decrease through the years. whoever wrote that and agreed to it for an unproven coach, should be gone, as well.

4 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

2 or 3 years ago i sat by some lobos at the MW tournament, and the guy (about 27 or so) was telling me that since he graduated from high school with a GPA over 3.0, his tuition was free. not discounted, but free, and this was for everybody. is this true? this wasn't pell grant money. nevada has the millenium scholarship that rose from tobacco money that is good for $1000 a year (or maybe semester), but if there is free tuition, my kids missed out on it. this is great for the state of new mexico, but can anyone tell me how this is sustained?

^ ^ ^

it will get to the point that it will cost unm more to keep neal, than to pay the buyout and let him go. i read that his contract is for $1 mill up until the last year, it doesn't decrease through the years. whoever wrote that and agreed to it for an unproven coach, should be gone, as well.

New Mexico introduced the Lottery Scholarship in 1996, funded for the most part by in-state lottery ticket sales.

Over 109K New Mexicans have take advantage of post HS education.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LoboSage said:

New Mexico introduced the Lottery Scholarship in 1996, funded for the most part by in-state lottery ticket sales.

Over 109K New Mexicans have take advantage of post HS education.

ok thanks, that makes sense. i wondered how that was being paid.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LoboSage said:

BTW...hopefully those Lobos fans that you did some shoulder rubbing with treated your 'Rebelness' with kindness and respect.

funny thing about that... i had been the only one in my row during the game before, and had left my popcorn under my seat when i got up to move around. i came back a few minutes later and they were sitting in my seat with their toddler and his grandparents. no problem, i just sat on the aisle since no one was there yet, but when i went to get my popcorn from under my original seat it was gone, the grandma said she threw it away because the little guy went for it. now she crossed the line, lol. :(

but...they were very nice, as a matter of fact, every lobo i have ever talked to at the tournament (and there have been many, my son says i talk to everybody) have all been very polite, respectful, and easy to talk to. same with those that have attended regular season games. if i have one 'complaint', it might be that when you lobos are good, during the tournament your fans flood my house with 'everyone's a lobo, woof! woof! woof!' but it's all good, i would do the rebel chant in yours.

and if it's not you guys, it's aztec fans making their noise, but a few of them are a little more 'reserved'. but they still talk to me, lol.  wyoming has shown up big in recent tournaments, but between games (or when the cowboys are not playing) they're just sitting back in the bar overlooking the strip, drinking beer and watching the game on tv, they're pretty laid back except when their team is on the court. most of them stay for the entire tournament, even if their team is not playing.

a couple of years ago i ended up sitting right behind @toonkee and he figured out who i was (did i mention i talk to everybody?). small world, huh? it's fun. i just wish the rebels were in the race with you for the title again, we had the T&M rocking, no?  i miss those days, maybe we can get back there in a couple of years. in the meantime, good luck!

(after all that, did i answer your question? if not, yes, they did.:))

9 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

funny thing about that... i had been the only one in my row during the game before, and had left my popcorn under my seat when i got up to move around. i came back a few minutes later and they were sitting in my seat with their toddler and his grandparents. no problem, i just sat on the aisle since no one was there yet, but when i went to get my popcorn from under my original seat it was gone, the grandma said she threw it away because the little guy went for it. now she crossed the line, lol. :(

but...they were very nice, as a matter of fact, every lobo i have ever talked to at the tournament (and there have been many, my son says i talk to everybody) have all been very polite, respectful, and easy to talk to. same with those that have attended regular season games. if i have one 'complaint', it might be that when you lobos are good, during the tournament your fans flood my house with 'everyone's a lobo, woof! woof! woof!' but it's all good, i would do the rebel chant in yours.

and if it's not you guys, it's aztec fans making their noise, but a few of them are a little more 'reserved'. but they still talk to me, lol.  wyoming has shown up big in recent tournaments, but between games (or when the cowboys are not playing) they're just sitting back in the bar overlooking the strip, drinking beer and watching the game on tv, they're pretty laid back except when their team is on the court. most of them stay for the entire tournament, even if their team is not playing.

a couple of years ago i ended up sitting right behind @toonkee and he figured out who i was (did i mention i talk to everybody?). small world, huh? it's fun. i just wish the rebels were in the race with you for the title again, we had the T&M rocking, no?  i miss those days, maybe we can get back there in a couple of years. in the meantime, good luck!

(after all that, did i answer your question? if not, yes, they did.:))

Yes...thanks for the awesome response.

Sorry about the popcorn. And I can see how the 'everyone's a Lobo...' could get tiresome.

I suspect the respectful treatment that you receive from visiting fans may be... more of a reflection on you.

Just a guess.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LoboSage said:

Yes...thanks for the awesome response.

Sorry about the popcorn. And I can see how the 'everyone's a Lobo...' could get tiresome.

I suspect the respectful treatment that you receive from visiting fans may be... more of a reflection on you.

Just a guess.

As a Rebels fan, it's a little violating to hear everyone else's chants in our building, but yeah, the Lobo ones are the worst for some reason, haha.

19 hours ago, toonkee said:

As a Rebels fan, it's a little violating to hear everyone else's chants in our building, but yeah, the Lobo ones are the worst for some reason, haha.

I'm sure it is annoying. I love Reeeeebals , Reeeebals Reeeebals.. the UNLV rebels chant is hypnotic! 

Is there anyone who still wants Noodles? Fire him now UNM. Lobo boosters will pay his buy out and put money out for a big name coach. This reminds me of 10 years ago when Ritchie McKay was destroying the program. He was fired and the big bucks were shown to Steve Alford and we righted the ship. Time is now!!!!

On 2/9/2017 at 7:26 PM, cherrycrush said:

I was hoping to get Krebs on 770 tonight.  Instead we get Brad Hutchins giving away free tickets and salsa for the Boise game.  Nothing but fire sales and sponsors.   

Is Scott Stigler still promoting Noodles? I think Stig and Noodles must be friends. I respect Stig. I worked with him when he was a fill in host at 610 the sports animal in the early 2000's. Good guy, but I stopped listening to his political show on 770 because he focuses on the wrong things and he's very pro-Noodles. 

• Like 1

On 2/11/2017 at 5:00 PM, hawkeyelobo said:

I'm sure it is annoying. I love Reeeeebals , Reeeebals Reeeebals.. the UNLV rebels chant is hypnotic! 

I've always thought yelling out someone's name or team name in that form was meant to be a taunt?

Like when we have a soccer game, we use that same long call for the goaltenders name... Jaaaasooon, Jaaaasooon. I always thought their fans were tainting their own team for a while there... 

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

18 minutes ago, hawkeyelobo said:

Is Scott Stigler still promoting Noodles? I think Stig and Noodles must be friends. I respect Stig. I worked with him when he was a fill in host at 610 the sports animal in the early 2000's. Good guy, but I stopped listening to his political show on 770 because he focuses on the wrong things and he's very pro-Noodles. 

You forgot to mention 'hard right wack job'. It's the only time I can listen to him is when he's doing Lobo sports... otherwise, he's on the same plain as that limbaugh fella. 

• Like 1

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

4 minutes ago, LoboMan59 said:

I've always thought yelling out someone's name or team name in that form was meant to be a taunt?

Like when we have a soccer game, we use that same long call for the goaltenders name... Jaaaasooon, Jaaaasooon. I always thought their fans were tainting their own team for a while there... 

Hey speaking of Lobo soccer.....our first round draft pick from UNM, Niko Hansen scored a match winner in the 84th minute against the Portland Timbers in his MLS debut this weekend. Dude just seems to have a knack for scoring goals. Could be a good find....

CSU AD Jack Graham - “If you get outside our borders, no one knows who we are. I was in Phoenix (last week) for the Mountain West meetings and there was a reception with all of the athletic directors. The bartender said to me, ‘Colorado State, where are you guys, Boulder?’ I’ve gotten that all my career. No one knows us outside our own boundaries."