thelawlorfaithful

The Rabbit Hole Bracket

4 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:
  • Wow signal
  • Chilean navy footage
  • Dyatlov pass
  • North Western Sasquatch prints (if not too broad) I could also do patterson footage
  • Age of human civilization

I would argue any of these and many more.  Even just to for the sake of arguing and not conviction.

Just curious, should we really be assigning people to individual cases?  Would it be better to have nominations that determine seeding then people argue for the best "conspiracy" (bad term) in the match ups?

The official conspiracy of the MWCboard OT section is pretty serious stuff.  

The point is to select the best rabbit hole. It is not about who is best at arguing for their topic. I should have clarified that.

My thoughts with regards to having individuals assigned to be expert advocates is we are dealing with a lot of junk here. Having a poster specialize in a given couple of topics allows for the rest of the board to not have to go into the weeds on everything. They'll also have a unique perspective on the subject, as the act of studying a thing also causes the student to reflect back on themselves, even if the thing is cuckoo bananas. When comparing Rabbit holes, it helps to have someone who really went down that Rabbit Hole.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

1 minute ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

The point is to select the best rabbit hole. It is not about who is best at arguing for their topic. I should have clarified that.

My thoughts with regards to having individuals assigned to be expert advocates is we are dealing with a lot of junk here. Having a poster specialize in a given couple of topics allows for the rest of the board to not have to go into the weeds on everything. They'll also have a unique perspective on the subject, as the act of studying a thing also causes the student to reflect back on themselves, even if the thing is cuckoo bananas. When comparing Rabbit holes, it helps to have someone who really went down that Rabbit Hole.

Sign me up for Patterson footage or age of civilization.  I will cede Dyaltov to you since I know you have studied it at least as much as I have.

I would be willing to do more than one as well if we need to fill the bracket.  

7 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Sign me up for Patterson footage or age of civilization.  I will cede Dyaltov to you since I know you have studied it at least as much as I have.

I would be willing to do more than one as well if we need to fill the bracket.  

Yeah, some of us are definitely gonna have to do multiple subjects to make this work. Before we swoop them all up we should start throwing out some ideas for anyone else who wants in. Those that want to do more than one can backfill later.

This bracket can't be done without JFK and Roswell. What else?

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

I would submit the pyramids and the Sphinx are far older than what historians currently believe and were built by an advanced society that were killed off by a cataclysmic event. 

I'm no expert but I could link a great Joe Rogan podcast with 2 guys that are. I believe them. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I gave a few earlier but to follow your concept people would need to volunteer the things the have looked into as opposed to being given a list of options to go about and research and try and present an argument for, correct?

We have a couple of months before this thing kicks off so there is plenty of time to delve into something new. I think it will help to get people to volunteer if they are familiar with a topic they like.

7 minutes ago, Rebelbacker said:

I would submit the pyramids and the Sphinx are far older than what historians currently believe and were built by an advanced society that were killed off by a cataclysmic event. 

I'm no expert but I could link a great Joe Rogan podcast with 2 guys that are. I believe them. 

That's cool. I'd never heard of that one.

9 minutes ago, Rebelbacker said:

Those are some of the points I was planning to bring up in the age of civilization.  The Sphinx in particular.  The erosion patterns on it suggest it is, at a minimum, twice as old as commonly accepted.  Then you look at the migration pattern of the Nile river and its general move west and you get into a whole bag of worms.

1 hour ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

For the record, I have my heart set on Dyatlov and Oak Island. I'll give them up if it increases participation though.

Dyalov Pass? It's common knowledge those hikers were killed by Bigfoot. Pick something more challenging. 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

3 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

Dyalov Pass? It's common knowledge those hikers were killed by Bigfoot. Pick something more challenging. 

Then why would the Soviet Government cover it up unless...BIGFOOT IS WORKING FOR THE KGB!