Aztecjeff

SDSU ATHLETICS AND FOX SPORTS PARTNER ON MULTIMEDIA RIGHTS AGREEMENT

So not a TV deal at all.  Just contracting with Fox Sports to do what Learfield does for most schools.

Probably a good deal.  Learfield ain't that great.  I'd expect that FOX will do a better job.

9 hours ago, Headbutt said:

So not a TV deal at all.  Just contracting with Fox Sports to do what Learfield does for most schools.

Probably a good deal.  Learfield ain't that great.  I'd expect that FOX will do a better job.

Yea were like the 5th FBS school to do this with Fox. We have tv show on Fox Sports San Diego, idk if this will help get more marketing from them or what. Leerfield is dying, rather get on with something new and see what fresh energy and ideas can bring

39 minutes ago, badfish said:

Yea were like the 5th FBS school to do this with Fox. 

San Diego State is the latest addition to a select group of universities in FOX Sports’ multimedia rights portfolio, including Auburn, Michigan State, Georgetown, USC, Villanova and the BIG EAST Conference.

20 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

the first step toward SDSU getting an Indy football contract.

SDSU Indy in football in the next 5 years.

Let's hope so. Need to have the stadium built first though.  We get home and homes with most of the PAc12 so I think we could put together a great schedule.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dr. Dre said:

this is a great move. it could ESPECIALLY be come 2020. 

Yup. SDSU is beyond tired of getting hosed by the Molehill Worst's TV deal so I think that at least in the short term, that's what this is all about.

• Like 1

Boom goes the dynamite.

11 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Yup. SDSU is beyond tired of getting hosed by the Molehill Worst's TV deal so I think that at least in the short term, that's what this is all about.

As AztecMD wrote earlier nothing of substance will happen until we get the new 40K stadium built. That must be priority #1. If we go independent it will be more difficult than some imagine at first however 5 games with the Pac12 and 5 games with the MWC as well as 2 games with eastern conferences will suffice. However the question is can we get those games? BYU has had some difficulty in scheduling after going independent. Of course anyone and everyone would prefer to come to San Diego over Utah except perhaps LDS members. However if  I remember correctly there are a good number of LDS members in San Diego and north up to Orange County. I expect many of them might attend. Certainly they would attend vs. BYU. The recruiting is a draw for most teams as well. The other option is a football only membership in the AAC or preferably the emergence of a BOR conference.

I have come to appreciate the other members of the MWC since joining this board 3 years ago. However my loyalty remains to my school and to the city I lived in from age 7 to age 24. That was of course 40 years ago and I have been waiting patiently for something good to happen to Aztec sports ever since. Perhaps we are on the cusp. I hope so but we need something more than an announcement from Fox sports. Unfortunately the California state university does not show much in the way of forethought and adopting a plan of progress. Especially where sports are concerned. 

Fox! Awesome!  NFC West Here We Come! Prepare thy anuses!

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

How much are they paying?

We had signed with what is now IMG for $32 million over ten years and that was in 2007.  Our contract with them must be coming up this summer.

BYU and Air Force are with IMG as well from what I see on their website.

9 hours ago, AztecMD said:

Let's hope so. Need to have the stadium built first though.  We get home and homes with most of the PAc12 so I think we could put together a great schedule.  

If you go Indy you'll finally get your wish and never have to play Wyoming/CSU/AF/UNM in any sport ever again, so that will be good for you guys! And you will be able to schedule your buddies at BYU again! Win win for SDSU!

8 minutes ago, hawkeyelobo said:

If you go Indy you'll finally get your wish and never have to play Wyoming/CSU/AF/UNM in any sport ever again, so that will be good for you guys! And you will be able to schedule your buddies at BYU again! Win win for SDSU!

@mugtang please add an unlike button. Thank you.

Guest Dr. Dre
9 minutes ago, hawkeyelobo said:

Nah, we'll play SOME of you- 2 for 1

6 hours ago, masterfrog said:

It is tough to believe that they would seek this option.  They had that one and decided to walk away from it.

It would be hilarious if they did. That was the dumbest idea then...even dumber now. Uconn and San Diego st in the same conference. If both parties want it, go for it.