BSUTOP25

Final 2017 Recruiting Rankings

23 minutes ago, creeper86 said:

Ian's a stand up guy.... he's here for football, not you two goofs mucking up each thread with fat guy pictures and volleyball rings.....

See @Cincy and @FalesGoesB4Carr the tribe has spoken, and both you phukers should simmer down now before you get kicked off this wonderful site.  I think you both have talent, and there's likely a board out there somewhere for the both of you to enjoy, but this board is bored by your boorish behavior.. time to move on kids-shtick is played out. Spartan up.

LOL!!

Dude, get off your knees already. 

2 hours ago, creeper86 said:

Yea, but they're worse than we are, Ian..... and all those pictures, totally annoying.  Where I differ a bit Ian is when you say it's not funny... personally, my stuff, very funny....

I will stop today..... I encourage all of Sparta to do the same.... Let's make this board great again, even if Fresno doesn't smell good, doesn't play good, and has terribly childish posters in this guy above (with the pics) and his mentor, the great amazon ring wearer-boy in the booth, well, we know who he is.....

Creeper out!

You guys have been baited into but but are now starting to instigate it in other threads.  I would encourage you to not do so.  I would like to hear more about your class.  Any thoughts?  Let your homer out, that is what the recruiting season is for.

Brennan and staff recruited to fit the Baylor type O that will be implemented, and 3-4, 2 gap D....

Grabbed six JC kids who can come in a play right away-mostly LBers/DBs...guys who can run and hit...  

Offensively, two QBs: one a more intriguing dual QB with multiple offers; the other kid was an early verbal to the prior staff who Brennan kept-the kid had an injury which kept him out all of his Sr year, but he was 26-3 as a three year starter prior this his Sr year.

Two 200+ RBs-sizeable kids like Baylor liked to use in their one back spread who can go north/south...and three quality WR who can get vertical - what we'll see a lot of in this new O.

I think Brennan and staff did a great job in the three weeks of recruiting and got players to fit the new system. Social media- videos, promos, tweets from the young staff have been informative and like never seen before. No doubt the young staff is with the times and can relate to the kids, hopefully they can coach them up.

At this point I feel like Boise/SDSU have a stronger rivalry.. They've won the last few titles in football while we fail to even meet them in the title game. Boise has beat SDSU in basketball 4 out of the last 5 times. Nevada/UNLV is much stronger right now. Wyoming/CSU obviously.

You see a little shit here and there but not every phukking thread. 10-15 years ago on the WAC board you guys didn't give a shit about each other.

36 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

At this point I feel like Boise/SDSU have a stronger rivalry.. They've won the last few titles in football while we fail to even meet them in the title game. Boise has beat SDSU in basketball 4 out of the last 5 times. Nevada/UNLV is much stronger right now. Wyoming/CSU obviously.

You see a little shit here and there but not every phukking thread. 10-15 years ago on the WAC board you guys didn't give a shit about each other.

it started with the fales/carr shit, i'm telling you. 

5 hours ago, creeper86 said:

Brennan and staff recruited to fit the Baylor type O that will be implemented, and 3-4, 2 gap D....

Grabbed six JC kids who can come in a play right away-mostly LBers/DBs...guys who can run and hit...  

Offensively, two QBs: one a more intriguing dual QB with multiple offers; the other kid was an early verbal to the prior staff who Brennan kept-the kid had an injury which kept him out all of his Sr year, but he was 26-3 as a three year starter prior this his Sr year.

Two 200+ RBs-sizeable kids like Baylor liked to use in their one back spread who can go north/south...and three quality WR who can get vertical - what we'll see a lot of in this new O.

I think Brennan and staff did a great job in the three weeks of recruiting and got players to fit the new system. Social media- videos, promos, tweets from the young staff have been informative and like never seen before. No doubt the young staff is with the times and can relate to the kids, hopefully they can coach them up.

Jesus Christ. You guys are running a 3-4 two-gap scheme with the DL you guys have and the recruits you brought in?  You guys already had one of the worst run defenses in the country and now you are going to two gap with undersized DL. Good forking luck.

Penny might break the NCAA single game record against SJSU this year.

And doing that while trying to run an up-tempo Baylor spread offense???  Lol your poor DL...

11 hours ago, Fowl said:

Jesus Christ. You guys are running a 3-4 two-gap scheme with the DL you guys have and the recruits you brought in?  You guys already had one of the worst run defenses in the country and now you are going to two gap with undersized DL. Good forking luck.

Penny might break the NCAA single game record against SJSU this year.

And doing that while trying to run an up-tempo Baylor spread offense???  Lol your poor DL...

I'm looking forward to Reno and SJSU running uptempo. More long drives for our giant OL to make their defenses quit. Our defense is smart and deep enough to keep up with uptempo, and the 3-3-5 will eat QBs alive if they are rushing things.

Our ball control offense will do just that. Surprising strategy from the new coaches.

11 hours ago, IanforHeisman said:

Yeah I think you're right. Them handing Fresno a loss that year gave them some pride too.

I think there was one SJSU fan that posted HIS belief that Fales would be drafted before Carr.

Let's really get to the roots of this whole sh*t storm. Sometime back in the WAC days, FalesGoesB4Carr attended a Fresno State game against SJSU that was played in San Jose. During that visit, while walking around Spartan Stadium, he was verbally accosted by a couple of (drunk) SJSU fans, and it was done so in front of his date. Ever since then, he's had a personal issue with San Jose State, and never missed an opportunity to either bash SJSU on these types of forums or troll SJSU fans. The combination of SJSU being invited to join the MWC and their 2013 victory over one of the best Fresno State teams in their history sent FalesGoesB4Carr into an obsessive mode like I've never seen. Over the past 3+ years he's used this forum as a vehicle for his twisted anti-SJSU agenda, and he has gotten away with it because, for some, it's been entertaining. SJSU's continued success over Fresno State has only exacerbated the situation even more. His continual barrage of SJSU trolling has dragged many a Spartan fan to engage him in defense of their school (including myself). I'm quite tired of this war of words, and hate having nearly every post I make on this forum being followed up by some troll baiting negative comment from the two Fresno State fans that get their jollies doing so. I don't blame the fans of other schools for being sick and tired of reading these pillow fights. I'll accept some of the blame for having responded to these troll threads, but let's remember who starts or hijacks 90% of these threads.

• Like 1

Champ Logo.jpg

12 minutes ago, Mike Morgan said:

I think there was one SJSU fan that posted HIS belief that Fales would be drafted before Carr.

Let's really get to the roots of this whole sh*t storm. Sometime back in the WAC days, FalesGoesB4Carr attended a Fresno State game against SJSU that was played in San Jose. During that visit, while walking around Spartan Stadium, he was verbally accosted by a couple of (drunk) SJSU fans, and it was done so in front of his date. Ever since then, he's had a personal issue with San Jose State, and never missed an opportunity to either bash SJSU on these types of forums or troll SJSU fans. The combination of SJSU being invited to join the MWC and their 2013 victory over one of the best Fresno State teams in their history sent FalesGoesB4Carr into an obsessive mode like I've never seen. Over the past 3+ years he's used this forum as a vehicle for his twisted anti-SJSU agenda, and he has gotten away with it because, for some, it's been entertaining. SJSU's continued success over Fresno State has only exacerbated the situation even more. His continual barrage of SJSU trolling has dragged many a Spartan fan to engage him in defense of their school (including myself). I'm quite tired of this war of words, and hate having nearly every post I make on this forum being followed up by some troll baiting negative comment from the two Fresno State fans that get their jollies doing so. I don't blame the fans of other schools for being sick and tired of reading these pillow fights. I'll accept some of the blame for having responded to these troll threads, but let's remember who starts or hijacks 90% of these threads.

one SJSU fan made that prediction but hordes of them asserted fales was the better QB

4 minutes ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

one SJSU fan made that prediction but hordes of them asserted fales was the better QB

Given the success Fales had, I would have expected the fans of any school to think that, if he had been their QB. It's called being a homer. It hardly warrants 3+ years of trolling, and I don't believe for one second that it was the cause of all this.

Champ Logo.jpg

Of SDSU's 24 signees, 10 had P5 offers and all but a couple of those had multiple P5 offers. AFA excepted because they're special, I'd be curious what the percentages were for the rest of the MWC. And I'm talking about actual offers and none of that "received interest" nonsense.

Boom goes the dynamite.

16 hours ago, IanforHeisman said:

I agree about this Boise vs SDSU thing. Its pretty cool.

• Like 1

"Make like a tree and scram" - Rosegreen

Your administration is the reason why our basketball league is bleeding out currently. If you didn't insist on San Jose being in the MWC, so you guys would have someone that votes similar to SDSU, every team in the MWC wouldn't have to play 2 games vs. a team with a 330 RPI ranking EVERY season.

You guys are as stupid as you are desperate.   - Cowboy Junky

21 hours ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Of SDSU's 24 signees, 10 had P5 offers and all but a couple of those had multiple P5 offers. AFA excepted because they're special, I'd be curious what the percentages were for the rest of the MWC. And I'm talking about actual offers and none of that "received interest" nonsense.

SJSU WR Tre Walker had a very late offer from Washington State. I think if QB Ryan Johnson had not been injured in the first game of his senior season he would have received a P5 offer (and probably would not have signed with SJSU).

Champ Logo.jpg

Norvell and staff had a tough challenge not only because of being hired late, but because a lot of Polians 3-star kids didn't fit into the new offensive scheme. So we talked to the kids and they agreed to mostly open up recruitment again. Usually you can get a bunch of three stars to stay, but in the end IIRC it was only 2-3. 

So having to deal with that, AND find available good players to fit your new unique offense, AND find kids that have good grades, can qualify and stay qualified, that's tough. Norvell said he doesn't go after boarderline academic kids as a general rule. So that makes his short order work look even better. There are some kids that can qualify to go to Boise but wouldn't qualify going to Nevada. That's life. 

We really addressed the OL

kat.jpg

1 hour ago, Nevada Convert said:

Norvell and staff had a tough challenge not only because of being hired late, but because a lot of Polians 3-star kids didn't fit into the new offensive scheme. So we talked to the kids and they agreed to mostly open up recruitment again. Usually you can get a bunch of three stars to stay, but in the end IIRC it was only 2-3. 

So having to deal with that, AND find available good players to fit your new unique offense, AND find kids that have good grades, can qualify and stay qualified, that's tough. Norvell said he doesn't go after boarderline academic kids as a general rule. So that makes his short order work look even better. There are some kids that can qualify to go to Boise but wouldn't qualify going to Nevada. That's life. 

We really addressed the OL

?????

Phukkin Convert. Endless supply of comedic relief.

3 hours ago, IanforHeisman said:

K5 used to claim Ryan Lindley was as good as Kellen Moore. I'm not going to follow him around every phukking thread for years over it. People don't follow me around for some wrong ass prediction I made in 2013.

Nobody has to follow you around about a wrong ass prediction.  Your name does it for them...

• Like 1