mugtang

UNLV Extends Sanchez

Guest #1Stunner
21 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

nah, dave mccann is gone now. no mention of byu here since he left.

You can keep this photo in your wallet if you want.

FAAX_Dave_McCann.jpg

2 hours ago, ph90702 said:

Anybody who makes an argument about Tony Sanchez based solely on his record on the gridiron is just ignorant.  He's the only coach UNLV has had who is actually trying to build the program and understands that you need infrastructure to win.

U get 4 years. Infrastructure is AD job. I often thought he would be a really good AD.  Better than what u got. Not sold on his footballing yet.  

26 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

I thought the rebels have looked a lot better these past 2 years, even if it doesn't always show up on the scoreboard. this year is the prove-it year though. 

If the Red Shirt Freshman QB Armani Rodgers lives up to recruiting rankings (3* & 4*) and can step in & play well right away then I could see another step forward for UNLV.

If the QB situation resembles this past season where a once high ranked recruit (Johnny Stanton) can't produce & UNLV has to go with Palandech or some down the depth chart QB, things will get hotter for Sanchez 

Rebel position strengths should be RB, OL & WR on offense - Defense is and will be a work in progress 

UNLV will win the MWC by the year 2022. Under the SANCHIZE.

We're gonna have the Rebel Girls dance on your jerseys center field after we embarrass you just like this....

http://i.imgur.com/Un0dXfZ.gif

Get at us peasants.

Image result for unlv girl gif

• Like 3

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

Guest RoscoesDad
On 1/28/2017 at 6:25 PM, UNLV2001 said:

If the Red Shirt Freshman QB Armani Rodgers lives up to recruiting rankings (3* & 4*) and can step in & play well right away then I could see another step forward for UNLV.

If the QB situation resembles this past season where a once high ranked recruit (Johnny Stanton) can't produce & UNLV has to go with Palandech or some down the depth chart QB, things will get hotter for Sanchez 

Rebel position strengths should be RB, OL & WR on offense - Defense is and will be a work in progress 

What you say about the QB situation dictating the success is true, probably for every program.  Problem for UNLV is that Armani is a RS Fr that has taken zero D1 snaps and people seem to think he is the guy who's going to turn UNLVs program around starting next year.  Maybe it does happen and he has a super freshman year, but that's not something you can really count on happening.  The other guys are not that great, as we have seen.  I am not as sold on the QB position improving from last year as many others are.  We will see if Rodgers has the ability to separate himself from Stanton or Pal in spring/fall camp, but would you really be surprised if he doesn't?.  I sure hope he does because UNLV has been sorry at QB for a long time.

On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 3:52 PM, #1Stunner said:

BYU fans will outnumber UNLV fans 4 to 1 at our game next season.

Sanchez / UNLV ---- might be the easiest game on BYU's schedule (and I'm including Portland State in that statement).

Sad days for a once proud Rebels Football program.

Lol. When were "once proud?" We had a couple good years in the early 80's and got busted for using ineligible players. Since then the program has been mostly a disaster.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SharkTanked said:

Lol. When were "once proud?" We had a couple good years in the early 80's and got busted for using ineligible players. Since then the program has been mostly a disaster.

Image result for fished in

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RoscoesDad said:

What you say about the QB situation dictating the success is true, probably for every program.  Problem for UNLV is that Armani is a RS Fr that has taken zero D1 snaps and people seem to think he is the guy who's going to turn UNLVs program around starting next year.  Maybe it does happen and he has a super freshman year, but that's not something you can really count on happening.  The other guys are not that great, as we have seen.  I am not as sold on the QB position improving from last year as many others are.  We will see if Rodgers has the ability to separate himself from Stanton or Pal in spring/fall camp, but would you really be surprised if he doesn't?.  I sure hope he does because UNLV has been sorry at QB for a long time.

Agree - every program faces this every few seasons.........and UNLV has been pretty much a dud at QB except for the occasional "perform better than expected" season.............why UNLV can't find a solid fit at QB is head scratching. Other programs plug young guys in and they perform (Rypien at BSU, Wyoming QB are recent MWC success stories, even CSU) but UNLV has tried just about every QB route with little success..........the highly rated transfer from major P5 (Jason Thomas & Johnny Stanton)......the JC QB with big numbers (Decker, Palandech).........the freshman (a few names) .........and outside of a game or two or maybe a season (Caleb Herring bowl year) there hasn't been a reliable QB in about 15 years at UNLV.

The above is not based on coaches, because UNLV had coaching changes and still the QB spot remains a crap shoot.

Rogers will have pressure to come in a perform right away..........he is going to have to learn on the job as any freshman player does, but with the state of UNLV's QBing over the last 15-17 years he will be in the spotlight on the day camp opens.

Last season was telling when camp reports weren't showing that Stanton was way ahead in the QB battle and spin was that Palandech had improved immensely..........if we don't start hearing that Rogers is ahead by a decent length in the summer camp QB battle, then all bets are off for season long success..............and Sanchez is probably back to a revolving door going with whoever on any given week.

3 hours ago, SharkTanked said:

Proudest years for UNLV FB was 1973-1977 as a ranked D-II program and from 1978-1984 the first seven years at the D-1 level.........by 1986 it was down and has never managed more than a few feeble stumbling steps since then 

Also it was the UNLV team QB'd by Sam King that beat #8 BYU - Not sure Cunningham ever played BYU, or started against them..................When UNLV beat BYU, Jim McMahon was injured and his backup QB Steve Young played.