Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fbpack

Norvell the ACE

6 hours ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Cureton is a great athlete and should do well provided he dispenses with the thought he can actually become a college QB.

What do you know about his QB play that's bad? Sure he had offers from SEC schools like Alabama, LSU, South Carolina, etc. as an Athlete, but that doesn't mean he can't work on his QB game in the next couple years and be the shiit. I'm assuming you think his passing is a problem? He a great athlete with a high looking ceiling, so I wouldn't write him off. 

kat.jpg

25 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

What do you know about his QB play that's bad? Sure he had offers from SEC schools like Alabama, LSU, South Carolina, etc. as an Athlete, but that doesn't mean he can't work on his QB game in the next couple years and be the shiit. I'm assuming you think his passing is a problem? He a great athlete with a high looking ceiling, so I wouldn't write him off. 

arm talent is a thing

What he ^^^ said. Among other things, I don't like how far back Cureton begins his throwing motion from. Too big a target for long-armed pass rushers. And how many go route completions show up on his video? Maybe he can be turned into the next Chuckie Keaton but I doubt it.

Boom goes the dynamite.

23 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

What he ^^^ said. Among other things, I don't like how far back Cureton begins his throwing motion from. Too big a target for long-armed pass rushers. And how many go route completions show up on his video? Maybe he can be turned into the next Chuckie Keaton but I doubt it.

the throw at 1:02 is absolutely a pick at the next level.   2:01 is a highlight for his WR scooping it out of the dirt, not him.   etc etc

On 2/3/2017 at 3:46 PM, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Jealously can be a biitch.

kat.jpg

2 minutes ago, Mad_Hatter said:

Remind me again how Ian Sean worked out for you guys? 

Junior Seau didn't go to SDSU.  Our baseball field is named after Tony Gwynn and most of our athletic facilities were built because of him.

Just now, Mad_Hatter said:

And he meant nothing to the city of San Diego?

Who cares about the city of San Diego?  I thought we were talking about SDSU?

Tony Gwynn was in another universe when it comes to SDSU.  You have done more for SDSU than Junior Seau if you ever came to watch Nevada play SDSU in San Diego.

11 minutes ago, k5james said:

Who cares about the city of San Diego?  I thought we were talking about SDSU?

Tony Gwynn was in another universe when it comes to SDSU.  You have done more for SDSU than Junior Seau if you ever came to watch Nevada play SDSU in San Diego.

I just recall a dose of butthurt from SDSU homers when he came to Nevada. Maybe you weren't one of them. You were probably pessimistic about him too. 

14 minutes ago, Mad_Hatter said:

And he meant nothing to the city of San Diego?

Tony Gwynn IS SDSU baseball, field named after him, statue at Petco park, freeway named after him. Seau was a big deal to charger fans, but Tony transcended the city and has a much better legacy here. We wanted Ian Seau, but Micah Seau played here and it wasn't really a big deal like people thought it'd be. More bummed we didn't get Micheal Cage's son than Seaus nephew

3 minutes ago, Mad_Hatter said:

I just recall a dose of butthurt from SDSU homers when he came to Nevada. Maybe you weren't one of them. You were probably pessimistic about him too. 

That was when Polian literally offered every guy we did a week after we did and did his most recruiting on our committed players before signing day. Flipped Seau and one other guy. I'd say things worked out well for us, and we take who we want from your commit list now.

5 minutes ago, Mad_Hatter said:

I was bummed we lost a good player as I thought he was the better of the Seau nephews but I couldn't care less what his last name was.  I'm bummed we lost out on Cureton too just not as a QB.  He's a great athlete no doubt but if he was dead set on being a QB what are you gonna do?

Lets be real NV doesnt want him as a QB either. They are offering as "qb", but they are are hust hoping that once Cureton realizes he isnt a QB he will move positions and stick it out with NV. Smart play.

"Make like a tree and scram" - Rosegreen

Your administration is the reason why our basketball league is bleeding out currently. If you didn't insist on San Jose being in the MWC, so you guys would have someone that votes similar to SDSU, every team in the MWC wouldn't have to play 2 games vs. a team with a 330 RPI ranking EVERY season.

You guys are as stupid as you are desperate.   - Cowboy Junky