mugtang

Chargers moving to Los Angeles.

1 hour ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Sounds like it eliminates SDSU West.

Well it also seems like they want the land Purchased at an unspecified price.    Might the city want to sell the land to retire their debt to the highest bidder?

Seems like lots of competing interests all dependent on other people's money

2 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Well it also seems like they want the land donated to enable the project returns.    Might the city want to sell the land to retire their debt?

Anytime a public entity wants to do anything, it is dependent on other peoples money.

5 hours ago, sactowndog said:

Well it also seems like they want the land Purchased at an unspecified price.    Might the city want to sell the land to retire their debt to the highest bidder?

There are all sorts of  costs associated with the property such as the cost of Demolition of the existing stadium, EIR/ traffic mitigation and infrastructure improvements as well as the process of entitlement.  All of these costs are to be borne by the purchaser if the deal as structured goes down.  I have to say, I like the idea but there are significant details to flesh out.  As someone who attended his first Charger game in 1962 at the age of 3, the move has left a significant void in my life and in the lives of all of my family members but it's time to move on. As far as I'm concerned the NFL should never return to SD so let's get SDSU what they need to be successful and let the Euro-wanna be Nancy boys have their little kick ball game. 

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

22 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

There are all sorts of  costs associated with the property such as the cost of Demolition of the existing stadium, EIR/ traffic mitigation and infrastructure improvements as well as the process of entitlement.  All of these costs are to be borne by the purchaser if the deal as structured goes down.  I have to say, I like the idea but there are significant details to flesh out.  As someone who attended his first Charger game in 1962 at the age of 3, the move has left a significant void in my life and in the lives of all of my family members but it's time to move on. As far as I'm concerned the NFL should never return to SD so let's get SDSU what they need to be successful and let the Euro-wanna be Nancy boys have their little kick ball game. 

True and SDSU says they would contribute 100M.   Do they have this money raised?   Bond financing?

I'm not sure if the CSU Board must approve bond financing or can the President?

23 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

True and SDSU says they would contribute 100M.   Do they have this money raised?   Bond financing?

I'm not sure if the CSU Board must approve bond financing or can the President?

They're making noises like the $100 mil is essentially in their pocket.  Bonds are a bit trickier.  The CSU system issues what are called system wide revenue bonds for revenue generating projects such as parking garages, student housing etc. Educational infrastructure  is funded through appropriations.  The tricky part is that recently, the legislature has inserted itself into the revenue bond process , formally handled  autonomously by the CSU board,requiring a legislative approval of projects because they noticed revenues on many of the projects are not meeting the required threshold forcing the state to back stop from the general fund.  there is also the issue of the student fee freeze, not sure if that's still operative, disallowing any increases which shuts down an avenue used in the past to fund amenities on campus. I think a concerted fund drive could probably raise another $100 mil or so.  To get the stadium done, it almost has to come from donations IMO.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

4 minutes ago, AztecBill said:

A new SOTA stadium would draw more people. The experience at the Q is terrible.

Not when ticket prices are multiple times higher than they are currently.  Look at all of the crying and whining that went on when basketball ticket prices went up and they're still on the cheap side compared to our conference mates. 

• Like 1

I'm assuming the new stadium playing surface will remain grass. What have you heard about that? 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

Just now, madmartigan said:

I'm assuming the new stadium playing surface will remain grass. What have you heard about that? 

I don't see how it could remain grass.  They're talking about a MLS, NASL, USL and SDSU games going on at that place.  I don't see any way for grass to survive all of that.

1 hour ago, k5james said:

We don't average 40k now and we charge peanuts for seats.  You guys need a reality check.

I'm cool selling out 35k with beer gardens and grass seats to create environment like petco

would it be considered an on campus stadium? Asking for a friend who likes to drink in parking lot and at games.

• Like 1

"Make like a tree and scram" - Rosegreen

Your administration is the reason why our basketball league is bleeding out currently. If you didn't insist on San Jose being in the MWC, so you guys would have someone that votes similar to SDSU, every team in the MWC wouldn't have to play 2 games vs. a team with a 330 RPI ranking EVERY season.

You guys are as stupid as you are desperate.   - Cowboy Junky

46 minutes ago, k5james said:

I don't see how it could remain grass.  They're talking about a MLS, NASL, USL and SDSU games going on at that place.  I don't see any way for grass to survive all of that.

I just recall that when Real Salt Lake played on the Ute's artificial surface, they bitched about how much they hated the artificial playing surface. I don't know enough about soccer to say what surface soccer players prefer. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

31 minutes ago, Dirtball said:

would it be considered an on campus stadium? Asking for a friend who likes to drink in parking lot and at games.

I guarantee they'll make the dividing lines of campus such that they'll be able to sell alcohol.