Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BSUTOP25

The three most frightening aspects of Trump IMO

Also, Caligula reportedly had sexual desires towards his family members. Sound familiar?

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

1 minute ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I don't know.  Caligula seems a little extreme.

Making Barron the czar of "the cyber" (he knows all about computers, believe me) would be quite reminiscent of the time Caligula made his horse a consul.

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

Just now, youngrebelfan40 said:

Making Barron the czar of "the cyber" (he knows all about computers, believe me) would be quite reminiscent of the time Caligula made his horse a consul.

Incitatus was a calculated insult, not one made from incompetence.

2 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

Clodius seems like a good pick. Rich boy political novice-turned-populist with zero political experience and a penchant for saying outrageous things to drum up support. 

Oh wow.  This was my face book post from November 11th. BSUtop25 and mug can verify.

Publius Clodius Pulcher would be proud. Read your Plutarch!

2 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Incitatus was a calculated insult, not one made from incompetence.

More than likely it was an invented story made up later to justify killing him, but you didn't hear it from me. 

People are saying it's fake news folks. Very, very fake. Very bigly fake folks, believe me.

Just now, youngrebelfan40 said:

More than likely it was an invented story made up later to justify killing him, but you didn't hear it from me. 

People are saying it's fake news folks. Very, very fake. Very bigly fake folks, believe me.

I don't know.  Many of the stories about Caligula that were thought be fake have proven to be true.  For example him taking two legions to fight the waves in north Spain, well they found his military outposts along the shore, those same outposts are now thought to have been used by Claudius when he attacked Britanica.  Now it was not from insanity, he likely thought the logistics were to hard but to save face, made them fight the waves, gave them quadruple pay and in doing so gained popularity with the troops.

2 hours ago, pokerider said:

You guys are so used to being lied to and having everyone in gov't pretend to be doing something you can't comprehend someone coming in and doing the opposite. As far as I'm concerned the US Fed. gov't is broken.  You seem to want Gov't to continue the same road, trying to be PC, saying what people want to hear while working for special interests or basically doing nothing.   

Trump isn't a crook, he doesn't do things like get rich on insider trading or pyramid schemes.  People who try to say things like Trump Univ. was a "fraud", heck you could say that about any university. Trump used the law to his advantage, he used taxes to his advantage.  He used politicians to his advantage.  But he did these things within the law. You can wish all you want but Trump isn't going to be the status quo.  He may not do things in the way many would like, but thats the cost of getting real change.  Obama's "Hope and Change" was mostly just hoping for change.  The changes he brought in were primarily for his own political viewpoint, not for the benefit of the average US taxpaying working citizens.  The view that gov't can "regulate" businesses to improve the economy just doesn't work.  Gov't should be watching over business and the economy, things like insider trading, illegal transactions, companies trying to evade taxes etc.  

Really, dude?

The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears; it was their final, most essential command.

2 hours ago, RoscoesDad said:

Had the Trump press conference on in the background while I am working.  What a total shitshow.  And it's really not funny.

What's the over/under on how many days before he either gets impeached or assassinated?

but he said his son and son- in-law will run those family  businesses but he won't ever know whats going on.

cerified_Subarus.jpg

Holy sh-t Trump is a f-cking moron.  A goddamn loon.  

If y'all didn't know already. 

The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears; it was their final, most essential command.

1 hour ago, happycamper said:

The point that everyone is a special interest and that the way you get influence is by hiring a lobbyist and having them explain your desires (and the power of your voting bloc) to congresspeople isn't a valid point?

The fact that Trump got richer with crook schemes, just like pretty much everyone else, isn't a valid point? 

The fact that the fraud committed by Trump University isn't just on the same level but isn't even on the same stratosphere as any kind of misrepresentation provided by not for profit universities isn't a valid point?

The fact that Trump has repeatedly broken the law for his own advantage isn't a valid point?

The fact that Americans specifically and the world in general is both richer, safer, more peaceful, and more entertaining than any point in the past and that rocking a boat that is as good as it has ever been more likely results in a degradation of circumstance than improvement isn't a valid point?

It seems to me that I had several valid points, you just didn't like them because to consider them, you'd have to adjust your rosy, comfy worldview. 

Buying and selling real estate is very tangible business, not to hard to follow the trails.  But most Democrats become rich from being in office, while Republicans get rich, then run for office. But thats OK with you.  

The EU says Apple Computer broke their tax laws, does that mean Apple is run by a bunch of crooks?  T-Mobile, Nike, Walmart etc. have violated labor laws in the past, Dow Chemical had a court order to pay taxes they said they didn't owe.  You can find broken laws of just about any large successful business somewhere along the line.  So quit pretending to be an ignoramous about how businesses operate. 

And the world is hardly safer now than it was 8 years ago. At least in 2008 you could travel Europe and Mexico and even Africa more safely than now.  Murder rates are significantly up in large US cities last couple years.  So keep pretending.  

And you putting down stupid questions are not "points".  

1 hour ago, youngrebelfan40 said:

Trump has been assured by the ruskies that the negative news is fake.  We can't trust our own intelligence agencies to look into this.

If some of it is true about the prostitutes they are already dead or soon will be.  

9 minutes ago, pokerider said:

Buying and selling real estate is very tangible business, not to hard to follow the trails.  But most Democrats become rich from being in office, while Republicans get rich, then run for office. But thats OK with you.  

Uh, for one, do you have any kind of data to back that up?

And uh, for another, of course it is okay for me. In fact, our system was designed by the founders that way. It was expected that the elected officials would use their power to enrich themselves, just so long as they also looked out for their constituents and the republic and the same time. Sorry for liking the Founding Fathers. 

The EU says Apple Computer broke their tax laws, does that mean Apple is run by a bunch of crooks?  T-Mobile, Nike, Walmart etc. have violated labor laws in the past, Dow Chemical had a court order to pay taxes they said they didn't owe.  You can find broken laws of just about any large successful business somewhere along the line.  So quit pretending to be an ignoramous about how businesses operate. 

Yes, they're all at some level a bunch of crooks. I don't know how you can say that I'm an "ignoramus" about how businesses operate when I say specifically "like pretty much everyone else" when it comes to getting ahead. Of course you have to be a crook to get ahead, the free market means that competition is so cutthroat if you are 100% on the level you will be barely surviving, not getting rich. 

And the world is hardly safer now than it was 8 years ago. At least in 2008 you could travel Europe and Mexico and even Africa more safely than now.  

In 2008? To Mexico? Do you think that has anything to do with Obama or more to do with Calderon declaring his own drug war? Europe? In 2008 Georgia was a war zone and now the Ukraine is... seems like a push to me. Africa? In 2008? Not really any different there either. 

Murder rates are significantly up in large US cities last couple years.  So keep pretending.  

And you putting down stupid questions are not "points".  

They're significantly up in Chicago. That's about it. They're significantly down elsewhere and, in fact, murders are still far lower than they were in 2008. 

I made multiple points that you, frankly, have refused to address. They're all points, I presented them in question format because you claimed that I didn't make any "points". You are too intellectually dishonest or too stupid to realize that points that are uncomfortable to your world view aren't invalid.

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

Guest RoscoesDad
11 minutes ago, Jwherb said:

Holy sh-t Trump is a f-cking moron.  A goddamn loon.  

If y'all didn't know already. 

I am more worried now than I was after election night.  This press conference sort of drove things home.  I don't see a positive outcome.  Time to buy a ranch in BFE and get started on the doomsday prep.  This guy is not mentally sane.

59 minutes ago, Del Scorcho said:

someone needs to take over his twitter account immediately, his image would improve drastically if he didn't post the first thought that came through his mind and air it on twitter

His twitter account is part of his image.  I'm confounded how some of you think he has to change or needs to change.  Trump is Trump.  He's not going to change.

The World Needs More Cowboys!