Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BSUTOP25

The three most frightening aspects of Trump IMO

On 1/14/2017 at 2:58 PM, Jackrabbit said:

My biggest fear about Trump is that he will want to run up the debt and congress will let him do it....just more of the same.

Well they are going to create some add'l debt, thats pretty certain.  Infrastructure and defense spending alone will create that.  
But they will be cutting spending in many other places which will pay dividends over time such as the EPA, Dept of Ed, and other big spending items.  And hopefully eliminate some of the stupid stuff gov't spends money on such as a Shrimp on a treadmill study (I know that was only one thing of a larger study).  And too many of these things seem to be political favors, you vote for my bill we'll include $100k for your study, etc.  

15 minutes ago, pokerider said:

Well they are going to create some add'l debt, thats pretty certain.  Infrastructure and defense spending alone will create that.  
But they will be cutting spending in many other places which will pay dividends over time such as the EPA, Dept of Ed, and other big spending items.

You gotta list a first big spending item to have "others" man. 

15 minutes ago, pokerider said:

And hopefully eliminate some of the stupid stuff gov't spends money on such as a Shrimp on a treadmill study (I know that was only one thing of a larger study).  And too many of these things seem to be political favors, you vote for my bill we'll include $100k for your study, etc.  

The problem with this is that you never know what study will end up curing cancer and which one won't. Science isn't really an aimed cannon.

Furthermore, "log rolling" is how politics gets done just about everywhere. It sounds like you just want gridlock...

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

656ff9f393bf489c5d99cd4af6d1c3cd.jpg

On 1/13/2017 at 11:06 AM, AfriPoke said:

VIEW FROM THE LIBERTARIAN SIDELINES

Probably best to stop deluding yourselves.  This guy can do anything he wants and, if that involves a second term, he'll get it.  Impeached?  Don't make me laugh.  He has an army at his back and he doesn't have to get much right to keep them on a war footing.  If Bill Clinton avoided it, this guy will.  Those of you who were hootin and hollerin when Reid introduced the Nuke Option and Obama issued orders...  Well, you will be hootin an hollerin for real as these are used to insert things in your collective rectum that are going to have long term and devastating effects for your imagined policy goals.  They will be inserted into all of our rectums, but it will probably hurt you more.

We are already entering financial crisis times.  Go look at your newspapers.  Most of your legislatures have returned and I'm willing to bet that DEBT, SHORTFALL, and DEFICIT are the most prominent words therein.  You see, the almighty interest rate is going to continue to go up and that is going to wipe out a fourth of the Federal Budget.  Nobody has planned for this (I asked) and the boneheads who keep suggesting that inflation will control it are even being abandoned (a lot of this recent debt is short term and will be unaffected by inflation).  That will have a couple effects on the Democrats.  1.  You own the most immediate causes for the debt over the last eight years.  Oh, you will cry about the cost of war and that might work for a short time, but eventually the Deplorables will figure out those costs are immediate and the long term costs are something else entirely.  Democrats will be blamed for this (probably deservedly, but neither side has been fiscally minded).  Regardless, it is going to stick to you.  2.  You have no plan.  Your party isn't exactly strong on the debt thing.  Never really has been.  3.  Same ole same ole.  Many of you woke up to the gap between your nonsense and middle America for a brief moment after the stunning election loss.  There were a couple tweets about 'reaching out' and 'understanding'.  Those all died by 1 DEC.  You know how I know?  Because you brought Peolosi and Schumer in to lead your awesome Team Blue comeback.  Collectively, these two represent the biggest dose of Sameness in all of Sameville.  4.  A lot of those 'bennies' that your party has handed out over the years to your self-interested groups will be eaten by the debt payment.  Add to that, Trump knows Unions better than you and he is a consummate showman.  These parlor tricks with the automotive industry are exactly the kind of language they understand.  5.  The labelling thing has run its course.  You painted an awful large segment of the population with the Racist/Sexist/Xenophobe brush.  It worked at the outset of the Obama thing, but it obviously isn't working now.  Your still using the same playbook and are oblivious to the kind of resentment that breeds in the so called deplorable crowd.  6.  The deplorables are tougher than you.  These people travel 800 miles to go to rallies in freezing temps and get spat upon.  They love what Trump is doing to the media, because they were portrayed as basically KKK rally attendees by the same media.  I see zero change in the media's tactics so, this will play into Trump's hands.  7.  Ultimately, the Deplorables are made out of Iron, while you are pretty much fluffy corn silk.  

It's wise to get ready to put your palms on the prison shower walls.  Find something to put between your teeth if you can.  I don't think this crew is going to be pleasant and I think they will go in dry.

It could be the world's first mass prison rape that actually was asked for.

SMH

I'm surprised that nobody has commented on this post. I've found your historical contributions to this forum to be solid, well-considered efforts. You offer a unique POV, an actual insider's view of a sort, avoid hyperbolic partisan posts and don't shy away from criticizing either party for what you consider stupid and/or useless maneuvering (I generally agree with those criticisms). You've earned my respect and, I'd wager, the respect of almost all the posters on this forum. 

And then you post this ^^^^. I don't mean to be insulting, but were you half way through a fifth of quality Scotch or bourbon, sleep deprived or both? It just seems out of character for you to make such polarizing and depressing pronouncements.   

21 minutes ago, Posturedoc said:

I'm surprised that nobody has commented on this post. I've found your historical contributions to this forum to be solid, well-considered efforts. You offer a unique POV, an actual insider's view of a sort, avoid hyperbolic partisan posts and don't shy away from criticizing either party for what you consider stupid and/or useless maneuvering (I generally agree with those criticisms). You've earned my respect and, I'd wager, the respect of almost all the posters on this forum. 

And then you post this ^^^^. I don't mean to be insulting, but were you half way through a fifth of quality Scotch or bourbon, sleep deprived or both? It just seems out of character for you to make such polarizing and depressing pronouncements.   

I thought the same thing when I read it; seems completely out of character. Then I thought that maybe it was some one else's thoughts that for some reason Afri copy and pasted.

2 hours ago, roswellcoug said:

Yes, let's make US manufacturing great again by bringing back high-value jobs making suits, ties and barware. :rock:  

And yet, you were parroting how "Trump saved jobs with Carrier" not that long ago.

Next up, well...

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/18-million-could-lose-insurance-under-obamacare-repeal-175514484.html#comments

In short, the Repubs are still repealing Obamacare with nothing in place to take over, thereby screwing over countless millions of Americans. And to hell with people who desperately need it.

3 hours ago, roswellcoug said:

Yes, let's make US manufacturing great again by bringing back high-value jobs making suits, ties and barware. :rock:  

28 minutes ago, son of a gun said:

And yet, you were parroting how "Trump saved jobs with Carrier" not that long ago.

Next up, well...

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/18-million-could-lose-insurance-under-obamacare-repeal-175514484.html#comments

In short, the Repubs are still repealing Obamacare with nothing in place to take over, thereby screwing over countless millions of Americans. And to hell with people who desperately need it.

Who needs HVAC manufacturing when we can have suits and neckties instead! Hooray!

And surprise, if you drop the Medicaid expansion and subsidized insurance, those that signed up for the free ride will no longer have one! 

Regardless, I don't think that Trump is just going to leave the poor hanging. 

13 minutes ago, roswellcoug said:

Who needs HVAC manufacturing when we can have suits and neckties instead! Hooray!

And surprise, if you drop the Medicaid expansion and subsidized insurance, those that signed up for the free ride will no longer have one! 

So, Trump gets an exemption, but other companies don't? Brilliant conflict of interest there.

Oh, and, yeah, because he's always looking out for other people.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2016/06/09/donald-trump-unpaid-bills-republican-president-laswuits/85297274/

33 minutes ago, roswellcoug said:

17 minutes ago, son of a gun said:

So, Trump gets an exemption, but other companies don't? Brilliant conflict of interest there.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2016/06/09/donald-trump-unpaid-bills-republican-president-laswuits/85297274/

I didn't know Trump was a manufacturer who offshored US jobs. I thought he was in real estate. Learn something new each day...:blink:

3 hours ago, roswellcoug said:

Textile manufacturing once employed a lot of people with decent wages in this country prior to the mass outsourcing.

1 hour ago, son of a gun said:

Republicans have several things they will be putting thru to replace Obamacare.  First they had to remove the provisions and funding of Obamacare.  Certainly the Dems in the Senate wouldn't vote for ANY replacement that included repealing the former.  Thus now Senate Dems will be faced with allowing (including abstaining) or actively blocking the Obamacare replacement.  If Dems block it, then there will not be any safety net for current Obamacare recipients.  

14 minutes ago, pokerider said:

Republicans have several things they will be putting thru to replace Obamacare.  First they had to remove the provisions and funding of Obamacare.  Certainly the Dems in the Senate wouldn't vote for ANY replacement that included repealing the former.  Thus now Senate Dems will be faced with allowing (including abstaining) or actively blocking the Obamacare replacement.  If Dems block it, then there will not be any safety net for current Obamacare recipients.  

In short, Repubs have a vague idea of what they want to do, but aren't even trying to put it together at the moment, but are still full steam ahead with making millions of Americans lose Health coverage. And will scapegoat the Dems for people that lose healthcare coverage and any other problem they were to shortsighted to see.

6 damn years, and all the Repubs have done is whine and moan about the ACA, without actually creating a better replacement. But will still repeal healthcare that millions rely on to pay for healthcare bills. A number of whom, whose very lives depend on it. But to hell with them, right? Repeal it now, and maybe, someday, we'll have something that might cover some people. Those with pre-existing health conditions? Trump and co. may say they like that part of the ACA, but that will go away with everything else. And without something to pick up the slack, suddenly millions of people, including yours truly, have no insurance.

Is the ACA perfect? Nope. Does it need to be revised? Yes. Should it be repealed with nothing there to take it's place? Hell no.

19 hours ago, son of a gun said:

In short, Repubs have a vague idea of what they want to do, but aren't even trying to put it together at the moment, but are still full steam ahead with making millions of Americans lose Health coverage. And will scapegoat the Dems for people that lose healthcare coverage and any other problem they were to shortsighted to see.

6 damn years, and all the Repubs have done is whine and moan about the ACA, without actually creating a better replacement. But will still repeal healthcare that millions rely on to pay for healthcare bills. A number of whom, whose very lives depend on it. But to hell with them, right? Repeal it now, and maybe, someday, we'll have something that might cover some people. Those with pre-existing health conditions? Trump and co. may say they like that part of the ACA, but that will go away with everything else. And without something to pick up the slack, suddenly millions of people, including yours truly, have no insurance.

Is the ACA perfect? Nope. Does it need to be revised? Yes. Should it be repealed with nothing there to take it's place? Hell no.

Let me explain again, since your not keeping up.  It would be impossible to do it all under 1 bill.  It simply would never get thru.  Repubs are repealing and unfunding the parts they can now.  And there are several health care replacements in waiting.  Rand Paul has even said he has one all ready to go.  These plans have to be reconciled and then put forth.  That is how the sh!t works.  And Democrats will be left to either allow it thru or block it.  If they block it then the people who have ACA now will go without.  Republicans are quite convinced they have a mandate to replace Obamacare.  Dems are not going to get their way on this, just like GOP didn't get their way when ACA was approved.  

1 hour ago, pokerider said:

Let me explain again, since your not keeping up.  It would be impossible to do it all under 1 bill.  It simply would never get thru.  Repubs are repealing and unfunding the parts they can now.  And there are several health care replacements in waiting.  Rand Paul has even said he has one all ready to go.  These plans have to be reconciled and then put forth.  That is how the sh!t works.  And Democrats will be left to either allow it thru or block it.  If they block it then the people who have ACA now will go without.  Republicans are quite convinced they have a mandate to replace Obamacare.  Dems are not going to get their way on this, just like GOP didn't get their way when ACA was approved.  

Why do you think it is impossible to do with one bill?

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

Guest RoscoesDad
20 hours ago, son of a gun said:

The Rs are intent on repealing Obamacare out of their glee to stick it to Obama. The americans who lose coverage and suffer are simply acceptable collateral damage, and nothing more than gravy training losers who were along for the free ride on Obamacare.  So long suckers!  They were losers in life if they cannot afford healthcare anyways. 

The reality is the ACA is a replication of the Republican plan created by The Heritage Foundation.  Same thing.  There is no feasible way to insure pre-existing condition and hi-risk people without increased premiums on younger, healthier people.  Its a matter of fact.  The Rs have nothing better to replace it with.  Because after all the ACA was THEIR plan.  For now they are just happy to stick it to Obama and scoring political points and if Americans suffer...so be it.  Scoreboard libtards!

21 hours ago, happycamper said:

Why do you think it is impossible to do with one bill?

The Dems in Senate are not going to vote for any bill that repeals ACA, regardless what they replace it with.  And would make it to complex anyway. 
So they are going thru and repealing portions of it and defunding things in it, which they are able to do with simple majority vote.  For a new replacement bill, theyll need some Dem support in Senate to get it thru.  If the Dems simply block it, then it will sit there.  But major provisions of ACA will be gone regardless.  

So the question is, will Schumer make the political statement to actively block the replacement bill.  

11 minutes ago, pokerider said:

The Dems in Senate are not going to vote for any bill that repeals ACA, regardless what they replace it with.  And would make it to complex anyway. 
So they are going thru and repealing portions of it and defunding things in it, which they are able to do with simple majority vote.  For a new replacement bill, theyll need some Dem support in Senate to get it thru.  If the Dems simply block it, then it will sit there.  But major provisions of ACA will be gone regardless.  

So the question is, will Schumer make the political statement to actively block the replacement bill.  

Why do you think that they won't be able to get a single democrat vote on a vote that replaces the ACA? From the interviews I've been listening to, democrats in red states are all about working with the republicans. You don't need many on board to get it going.

On 1/17/2017 at 9:38 PM, jackmormon said:

Textile manufacturing once employed a lot of people with decent wages in this country prior to the mass outsourcing.

Yes - but they also enslaved people, killed children, and decimated the environment beyond repair according to Comrade fan. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg