Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BSUTOP25

The three most frightening aspects of Trump IMO

To me, this ass clown is not presidential for the following reasons:

1. He doesn't seem to understand that there is protocol, procedure, and etiquette that comes along with the office of the presidency. Taking phone calls from the Taiwanese president, insulting the intelligence community, and using Twitter for ridiculous arguments is not only unprecedented but also mind boggling. These examples are only the tip of the iceberg. 
  2. His use of harsh rhetoric to disparage individuals, groups, or schools of thought are dangerously divisive and set a very bad tone for foreign diplomacy and domestic coalition building. Purposely demonizing large groups of people is not presidential and I fearfully assume we're going to see a lot of diplomatic setbacks and public unrest over the next four years.
  3. The fear that he seems to think the office can be used and leveraged similarly to one of his businesses. Mismanagement of a business asset may result in revenue loss, layoffs, closings, or bankruptcy but mismanagement of the executive branch of the United States may result in unthinkable catastrophe. Also, "bending" of the rules may have resulted in bad PR or fines as a company executive but the consequences are not and should not be the same for the POTUS. It's my opinion that having checks and balances and separation of powers has never been more important in our nation's history. 

I could very well be proven wrong with these opinions, only time will tell. However, given Trump's behavior since the election results, I'm skeptical and worried.  

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

I honestly don't believe that he'll make it out of his first term without being impeached, and quite possibly convicted. It might take until after the midterm elections to do so though. There's no way in hell he's anything more than a one term President, and even that could prove incredibly damaging to the United States as a whole, the office of the Presidency, and potentially cause irreparable harm to the Republican Party.

2 hours ago, retrofade said:

I honestly don't believe that he'll make it out of his first term without being impeached, and quite possibly convicted. It might take until after the midterm elections to do so though. There's no way in hell he's anything more than a one term President, and even that could prove incredibly damaging to the United States as a whole, the office of the Presidency, and potentially cause irreparable harm to the Republican Party.

I don't think he'll run for a second term. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

Guest RoscoesDad

Yeah I just don't see how this is going to turn out well.  He's not even in the white house yet and it's already a total circus.  I'd be surprised if he makes it through the first 4 years as well.

My only hope is that his clown show will put an end once and for all to the silly notion that government can and should "be run like a business." 

On a side note,  I really wish we'd quit focusing on all this Russia / election / piss stuff and focus more on Trump's many business conflicts,  his divestiture,  his appointments,  and his tendency to nepotism in his cabinet. 

The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears; it was their final, most essential command.

52 minutes ago, happycamper said:

I don't think he'll run for a second term. 

I don't think so either, but if he does decide to, I don't see any way that he wins reelection as things stand now. Hell, I don't even see him making it out of the Primaries to be honest.

1 minute ago, retrofade said:

I don't think so either, but if he does decide to, I don't see any way that he wins reelection as things stand now. Hell, I don't even see him making it out of the Primaries to be honest.

Check your facebook, the guy is still getting kneepadded by a ton of people. 

Make America Gullible Again.

Just now, East Coast Aztec said:

Check your facebook, the guy is still getting kneepadded by a ton of people. 

Make America Gullible Again.

I'm thinking about 2-3 years down the road when his idiocy starts having legitimate tangible negative effects on the people that voted for him. Most of them didn't want him to win the nomination, but felt resigned to vote for him once he won the primary. I don't think we see that happening again. He's not really all that popular among Republicans, they were just more afraid of Hillary. There certainly is that vocal minority that is firmly behind him no matter what, but they're just that, a minority. 

3 hours ago, retrofade said:

I honestly don't believe HOPE that he WON't make it out of his first term without being impeached, and quite possibly convicted. It might take until after the midterm elections to do so though. There's I REALLY HOPE THERE'S no way in hell he's anything more than a one term President, and even that could prove incredibly damaging to the United States as a whole, the office of the Presidency, and potentially cause irreparable harm to the Republican Party - CAUSE HE'S NOT PC ENOUGH TO BE PRES.

You guys are so used to being lied to and having everyone in gov't pretend to be doing something you can't comprehend someone coming in and doing the opposite. As far as I'm concerned the US Fed. gov't is broken.  You seem to want Gov't to continue the same road, trying to be PC, saying what people want to hear while working for special interests or basically doing nothing.   

Trump isn't a crook, he doesn't do things like get rich on insider trading or pyramid schemes.  People who try to say things like Trump Univ. was a "fraud", heck you could say that about any university. Trump used the law to his advantage, he used taxes to his advantage.  He used politicians to his advantage.  But he did these things within the law. You can wish all you want but Trump isn't going to be the status quo.  He may not do things in the way many would like, but thats the cost of getting real change.  Obama's "Hope and Change" was mostly just hoping for change.  The changes he brought in were primarily for his own political viewpoint, not for the benefit of the average US taxpaying working citizens.  The view that gov't can "regulate" businesses to improve the economy just doesn't work.  Gov't should be watching over business and the economy, things like insider trading, illegal transactions, companies trying to evade taxes etc.  

1 minute ago, pokerider said:

You guys are so used to being lied to and having everyone in gov't pretend to be doing something

Isn't the problem most very conservative people have that government is doing too much?

you can't comprehend someone coming in and doing the opposite.

...I think government pretending to NOT be doing something is the worse option here

As far as I'm concerned the US Fed. gov't is broken.  You seem to want Gov't to continue the same road, trying to be PC, saying what people want to hear while working for special interests or basically doing nothing.   

Everyone is a special interest. The problem isn't that the special interests take over. The problem is that people don't know the rules of the game and don't care enough to play by them.

You want main street to have more power? Create "main street USA" with 500,000 members that has nominal monthly dues so it can afford lobbyists. Government will listen. 

If all you do in the political process is vote you're going to get hosed. And really rightfully so. Voting is just the first step. 

Trump isn't a crook, he doesn't do things like get rich on insider trading or pyramid schemes.  

He literally got rich because of his daddy and then expanded his wealth by doing stuff like kicking out longtime leaseholders on the Empire State building. 

People who try to say things like Trump Univ. was a "fraud", heck you could say that about any university.

No, you can't. Universities are up-front about their costs and about what you get out of them. Trump University was literally a scheme meant to part people from their money for no benefit using the Trump name. Their business model was get people to sign up for credit cards to be able to pay for the next most expensive session. Comparing nfp universities to Trump University is absurd. 

Trump used the law to his advantage, he used taxes to his advantage.  He used politicians to his advantage.  But he did these things within the law. 

No, he didn't. He didn't with Trump University, he didn't when he used discriminatory housing practices, he didn't with his foundation. 

The dude isn't constantly involved in lawsuits because everyone else is always doing stuff. 

You can wish all you want but Trump isn't going to be the status quo.  He may not do things in the way many would like, but thats the cost of getting real change.  Obama's "Hope and Change" was mostly just hoping for change.  The changes he brought in were primarily for his own political viewpoint, not for the benefit of the average US taxpaying working citizens.  

I'm not sure what you mean here. You realize that the "Status quo" is better than anything else we've ever tried, right? That means that any major change to it is almost certainly detrimental?

The view that gov't can "regulate" businesses to improve the economy just doesn't work.  Gov't should be watching over business and the economy, things like insider trading, illegal transactions, companies trying to evade taxes etc.  

What? Government shouldn't regulate business except to regulate it the way it is?

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

Guest RoscoesDad
14 minutes ago, pokerider said:

You guys are so used to being lied to and having everyone in gov't pretend to be doing something you can't comprehend someone coming in and doing the opposite. As far as I'm concerned the US Fed. gov't is broken.  You seem to want Gov't to continue the same road, trying to be PC, saying what people want to hear while working for special interests or basically doing nothing.   

Trump isn't a crook, he doesn't do things like get rich on insider trading or pyramid schemes.  People who try to say things like Trump Univ. was a "fraud", heck you could say that about any university. Trump used the law to his advantage, he used taxes to his advantage.  He used politicians to his advantage.  But he did these things within the law. You can wish all you want but Trump isn't going to be the status quo.  He may not do things in the way many would like, but thats the cost of getting real change.  Obama's "Hope and Change" was mostly just hoping for change.  The changes he brought in were primarily for his own political viewpoint, not for the benefit of the average US taxpaying working citizens.  The view that gov't can "regulate" businesses to improve the economy just doesn't work.  Gov't should be watching over business and the economy, things like insider trading, illegal transactions, companies trying to evade taxes etc.  

What?

6 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

To me, this ass clown is not presidential for the following reasons:

1. He doesn't seem to understand that there is protocol, procedure, and etiquette that comes along with the office of the presidency. Taking phone calls from the Taiwanese president, insulting the intelligence community, and using Twitter for ridiculous arguments is not only unprecedented but also mind boggling. These examples are only the tip of the iceberg. 
  2. His use of harsh rhetoric to disparage individuals, groups, or schools of thought are dangerously divisive and set a very bad tone for foreign diplomacy and domestic coalition building. Purposely demonizing large groups of people is not presidential and I fearfully assume we're going to see a lot of diplomatic setbacks and public unrest over the next four years.
  3. The fear that he seems to think the office can be used and leveraged similarly to one of his businesses. Mismanagement of a business asset may result in revenue loss, layoffs, closings, or bankruptcy but mismanagement of the executive branch of the United States may result in unthinkable catastrophe. Also, "bending" of the rules may have resulted in bad PR or fines as a company executive but the consequences are not and should not be the same for the POTUS. It's my opinion that having checks and balances and separation of powers has never been more important in our nation's history. 

I could very well be proven wrong with these opinions, only time will tell. However, given Trump's behavior since the election results, I'm skeptical and worried.  

Trumps behavior hasn't change much since he's been elected, has it?  Trump being Trump is probably what got him elected.  For some reason, his schtick is resonating with a whole lot of people; people that were tired of the establishment.  I've thought about this, as I'm sure you have, all the way through the primaries.  Trump hasn't acted like any presidential candidate we've ever seen.  I don't see it changing.  Pop the popcorn, grab a craft brew, sit back and enjoy.  Things are changing.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

4 minutes ago, pokebball said:

Trumps behavior hasn't change much since he's been elected, has it?  Trump being Trump is probably what got him elected.  For some reason, his schtick is resonating with a whole lot of people; people that were tired of the establishment.  I've thought about this, as I'm sure you have, all the way through the primaries.  Trump hasn't acted like any presidential candidate we've ever seen.  I don't see it changing.  Pop the popcorn, grab a craft brew, sit back and enjoy. 

I have certainly been amused by the past few months.  Slapstick comedy.

Things are changing.

No they aren't.  Same old shit, just different faces.

12 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

No they aren't.  Same old shit, just different faces.

In the sense that we don't have a president that sugarcoats every word that comes out of his mouth, sure it has.  What might be the impact?  I honestly don't know.  Perhaps you're right that it will be the SOS.  I'm not so sure.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

Guest RoscoesDad

Had the Trump press conference on in the background while I am working.  What a total shitshow.  And it's really not funny.

What's the over/under on how many days before he either gets impeached or assassinated?

1 hour ago, Jwherb said:

My only hope is that his clown show will put an end once and for all to the silly notion that government can and should "be run like a business." 

On a side note,  I really wish we'd quit focusing on all this Russia / election / piss stuff and focus more on Trump's many business conflicts,  his divestiture,  his appointments,  and his tendency to nepotism in his cabinet. 

No shit.  If half as much time was spent figuring out that web as is spent on verifiable false (Trumps lawyer met with Russia intelligence in Prague) to unverifiable stuff (PEEtous) the public would be better served.  He assigned his step son to a job in the White House.  He failed to set up a blind trust. He just met with a freaking vaccine skeptic.  All this was overshadowed by a full of crap dossier.

4 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

No shit.  If half as much time was spent figuring out that web as is spent on verifiable false (Trumps lawyer met with Russia intelligence in Prague) to unverifiable stuff (PEEtous) the public would be better served.  He assigned his step son to a job in the White House.  He failed to set up a blind trust. He just met with a freaking vaccine skeptic.  All this was overshadowed by a full of crap dossier.

Makes you wonder the true purpose of this "fake news" doesn't it?

I found this to be an interesting read... http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/10/opinions/donald-trump-is-gaslighting-america-ghitis/index.html