cherrycrush1

Fire Noodle

Your return to mediocrity is on the horizon, SDSU.

UNLV and UNM hire long term assistants and you have a long term assistant as your coach in waiting.  The old "big 3" of the MWC could be going by the wayside.

I think he has one more year... It has to be better than this year... I was totally against this hire but now that he is here, hope that he can pull something out of his hat...

The scary thing is all these guys are HIS recruits! UNM under Alford lost 2 full recruiting seasons as all the guys he left were kicked off or quit the team. So Neal is putting his recruits in to play. Thus far nobody has responded. His coaching is so-so as the team seems so unprepared falling by double digits in all of the past few games... And by the time they get it close to respectable nobody has shown the ability to take the game over...

Another thing that makes me nervous is that all hopes are being pinned on three freshmen coming in next year and a couple of transfers. I'm not saying these guys aren't good players, but based on what has been brought in the past couple of years I have to say I am skeptical.

Paul Krebs trusted the diamond of the athletic department to a lifetime assistant coach. They have to be better next year, I would say schedule a cupcake schedule but they already did that this year. This is the worst MWC in a very long time and we are one of the worst programs... That is scary.

Sounds like UNLV.

I admit I was one of the few that was ok with Noodles taking over. It had nothing to do with Alex Kirk's comments about leaving to UCLA if Noodles wasn't hired. It was mostly because Noodles was already on board, knew the kids, the system and the expectations of Lobo nation. 

With that being said, Noodles underachieved with a loaded veteran team last year. Now with a down MWC, Noodle's team has given up and packed it in for the season. That's the most disturbing part. I honestly thought with this year's pre-season rankings (4th) I expected this team to win 18 games minimum. Our schedule overall was that easy. But for him to all of a sudden in year 2 get the longest losing streak at UNM since the 50's is inexcusable. No matter how much talent he lost and inexperienced his team is. This is UNM and we expect more. 

I believe Noodles will get another year. If he doesn't take us to the NCAA next year. He'll be fired. 

Tommy Amaker to UNM ASAP!

roflbot.jpg

I admit I was one of the few that was ok with Noodles taking over. It had nothing to do with Alex Kirk's comments about leaving to UCLA if Noodles wasn't hired. It was mostly because Noodles was already on board, knew the kids, the system and the expectations of Lobo nation. 

With that being said, Noodles underachieved with a loaded veteran team last year. Now with a down MWC, Noodle's team has given up and packed it in for the season. That's the most disturbing part. I honestly thought with this year's pre-season rankings (4th) I expected this team to win 18 games minimum. Our schedule overall was that easy. But for him to all of a sudden in year 2 get the longest losing streak at UNM since the 50's is inexcusable. No matter how much talent he lost and inexperienced his team is. This is UNM and we expect more. 

I believe Noodles will get another year. If he doesn't take us to the NCAA next year. He'll be fired. 

The schedule was so cupcake that you lost to Boston College and USC.

to be honest, with all that you lost last year and an unproven coach, i couldn't figure out how anybody could have thought that unm would finish 4th...

It's never too early, the guy either has it or he doesn't. Schools and teams get themselves into trouble by holding onto a guy too long even when they know he doesn't have it. I don't know enough about the situation to know if Noodle has it or he doesn't but based on a brief observation I'd say he doesn't. He has decent players but he seems to be in over his head. Some guys are just born to be assistants. 

What the hell are you talking about?

Noodles will get atleast 2 more years barring a disaster next season. For next year we look like an NIT team with an outside shot at the dance. In 2 years there's no excuse not to get in

++++ ++++ hitch... Neal ain't going anywhere CC1! But feel free to keep banging you're head on a brick wall banghead.gif ... eventually you'll knock that wall down, lol.

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

Yup. The guy lost his 3 best players from last year and had 3 starters missing for the conference tourney and somehow failed. I know it's too much to ask from sports fans but a little perspective would be nice

Yup. The guy lost his 3 best players from last year and had 3 starters missing for the conference tourney and somehow failed. I know it's too much to ask from sports fans but a little perspective would be nice

We lost our whole team and finished better. With a coach widely thought of as the worst ever by UNM fans, but a little perspective would be nice.

We lost our whole team and finished better. With a coach widely thought of as the worst ever by UNM fans, but a little perspective would be nice.

I don't hate Rice, I think he did well in his first 2 years with the Rebs, and deserves a bit of a leash. Keep generalizing UNM fans though