cherrycrush1

Fire Noodle

4 minutes ago, Newmexpoke said:

Hopefully noodle does the right thing, resigns and lets unm pay him out over 4 years

It's possible I suppose. Maybe UNM can tack on some interest to sweeten the pot. You can see the position is aging the shit out of him. It can't be fun to be this ineffective at your job. He could flip the skirt up and go running back to Alford and have a six figure assistant gig at a P5 school in a matter of months. 

Well the Neal's were banking on Cullens NBA check for their golden years but the SEC is pretty well popping the NBA PG dream bubble.  The only mystery now is whether The Lord of Lair officially turns on Neal (as he did on Davie so quickly), sells the site (seriously is there really a material value there?) or keeps blabbing on about culture until 2020 or whenever the new Coach arrives to be fluffed.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mikexom said:

Well the Neal's were banking on Cullens NBA check for their golden years but the SEC is pretty well popping the NBA PG dream bubble.  The only mystery now is whether The Lord of Lair officially turns on Neal (as he did on Davie so quickly), sells the site (seriously is there really a material value there?) or keeps blabbing on about culture until 2020 or whenever the new Coach arrives to be fluffed.  

Can't coach injuries, but I was talking to a D1 basketball coach, and said that you lean on culture through these tough times. Neal has had the deck stacked against him, he'll do better next year. 

1 hour ago, Newmexpoke said:

Can't coach injuries, but I was talking to a D1 basketball coach, and said that you lean on culture through these tough times. Neal has had the deck stacked against him, he'll do better next year. 

My response to that is what have you seen from Noodle in the past five years that indicates next year will be better?

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Newmexpoke said:

Hopefully noodle does the right thing, resigns and lets unm pay him out over 4 years

You have to be smoking some really good stuff right now because there is no way in hell that Noodles will do that.  He will walk out with every penny due him if he gets canned.  And I predict he will do it with that shit-eating grin that he has perfected.

**  “It’s a basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies. The only variable is about what.”

“There’s no ‘I’ in team. There’s a ‘me’ though, if you jumble it up.”

hoserjpg-2009.jpg.1a3e5724d48c16a835b94dde26c99132.jpg

7 minutes ago, Hoser said:

You have to be smoking some really good stuff right now because there is no way in hell that Noodles will do that.  He will walk out with every penny due him if he gets canned.  And I predict he will do it with that shit-eating grin that he has perfected.

I bet when he gets canned, he'll trash the fans and the program saying it was our fault for his failures.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Hoser said:

Eh we'll see. He might want to avoid total rock bottom which absolutely coming next year. He'll still get his money just over a longer period. 

I disagree. At this point, I'd say, fire the team! The guys played awful! Neal didn't throw the ball away 22 times! Neal didn't clank shots at the FT line, and finally, it wasn't Neal that allowed FSU players to blow past them, or be dominated in the paint. That was a total lack of effort in the 2nd half by "the players", as much as it was Neal... FIRE THEM ALL!

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

17 hours ago, LoboMan59 said:

I disagree. At this point, I'd say, fire the team! The guys played awful! Neal didn't throw the ball away 22 times! Neal didn't clank shots at the FT line, and finally, it wasn't Neal that allowed FSU players to blow past them, or be dominated in the paint. That was a total lack of effort in the 2nd half by "the players", as much as it was Neal... FIRE THEM ALL!

Ok Mark.

but there's a few teams this year that have new coaches and look completely different despite having about the same set of players. 

• Like 1

Questions for all you Lobos. (Well, maybe not Loboman.)

Would you equate Neal to Brian Polian? I ask that because although I wouldn't say either is a very good coach, neither Polian or Neal lost to such an extent that the venom expressed by their team's fan base would be expected just on that basis.

So is the reason for your dislike for Neal similar to Wolf Pack fans for Polian in that maybe half of it is because the guy is such an asswipe?

(Edited a bit after Newmexpoke's post.)

Boom goes the dynamite.

2 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Questions for all you Lobos.

Would you equate Neal to Brian Polian? I ask that because although I wouldn't say either is a very good coach, neither Polian or Neal lost to such an extent that the venom expressed by their team's fan base would be expected just on that basis.

So is the basis of your dislike for Neal similar to Wolf Pack fans for Polian in that maybe half of it is became the guy is such an asswipe?

He can't coach and I find him as a person an incredibly embassaring individual 

17 hours ago, LoboMan59 said:

It's the coach.

How did Alford win this conference his first year as head coach with Ritchie Mckays kids?  When they hadn't come close the previous seasons with the same players?  

Noodle has vastly superior talented players than that team Alford had his first year.  Back then as a conference we put 2-3 teams in the tournament as opposed to this year when we will only have 1.

This messed up team is a result of Noodles lack of ability to lead and coach And I knew it from day one.  Go back and read this entire thread from its inception.  Everything I said back then still holds true to this day.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Newmexpoke said:

Ok Mark.

but there's a few teams this year that have new coaches and look completely different despite having about the same set of players. 

But you just made my point! A  New coach might inspire new effort from the players that he inherits. These Lobos are lazy and give no effort, these are D 1 players...scouts are watching. And they're NOT LOOKING AT THE COACHES. To not give your all, that's all on the players.

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

2 hours ago, LoboMan59 said:

But you just made my point! A  New coach might inspire new effort from the players that he inherits. These Lobos are lazy and give no effort, these are D 1 players...scouts are watching. And they're NOT LOOKING AT THE COACHES. To not give your all, that's all on the players.

You're an idiot.

The buck stops with the coach. If they aren't looking at the coaches they should run suicides till they do. They don't look at their coaches because they don't respect them, and their coaches are a bunch of clowns who need to be fired. 

5 hours ago, Newmexpoke said:

You're an idiot.

The buck stops with the coach. If they aren't looking at the coaches they should run suicides till they do. They don't look at their coaches because they don't respect them, and their coaches are a bunch of clowns who need to be fired. 

You're right... I'm an idiot... Believing that players should be able to somewhat execute what they're taught. If you know for a fact that coach Neal is teaching them nothing, then I can believe that that's why they  under perform.

PS phuck off poke!