cherrycrush1

Fire Noodle

Apparently UNM is going all in with the Aussie strategy. Not necessarily a bad thing. Don't know a lot about Harriman. They better pull a coup and land Humphries now. Was hoping for a guy that could hit Arizona or Texas recruiting though

Y'all must understand....If there is anything negative about UNM Lobo in NYC will report it.

So what if Miller turned down UNM...

Lightfoot verbaled to UNM last fall....early in his junior year....silly wouldn't you think..

Lamont Smith left around 3 weeks ago...

I know! So what if 100% of Neal's staff has turned over in 2 years. So what if half the team has transferred out? So what if we had our longest losing streak in the modern era of college basketball? So what if Neal called out and attacked players in the media? So what... so what... so what...

So tell me... what positives have we seen from football and basketball the past year or so??? What positives would you like for me to report and discuss?

I know! So what if 100% of Neal's staff has turned over in 2 years. So what if half the team has transferred out? So what if we had our longest losing streak in the modern era of college basketball? So what if Neal called out and attacked players in the media? So what... so what... so what...

So tell me... what positives have we seen from football and basketball the past year or so??? What positives would you like for me to report and discuss

The sky is falling!  The sky is falling!  Get a life.  My gawd, it's only sports!

The sky is falling!  The sky is falling!  Get a life.  My gawd, it's only sports!

Haha. I had a great weekend. Weather was great out here for a change. A couple of baseball games, a lacrosse game, 4 basketball games....

Sure, I like your take on things. Let's pay Krebs half a mill, Noodle a full mill and the new 30 year old assistant a quarter a mill. UNM and NM are drowning in excess cash, so no biggie. No expectations, no need to win, just hope they enjoy their stay in ABQ... Love it!!!

Ok NYC and Bandito I'll reply..Yes I was disappointed in last Lobo hoops season...but knew going in this was a middle of the pack team and when Cullen went down UNM was in trouble...No I did not like the long losing streak and after the Nevada road loss I was very disgusted.. If they're 500 this year or perhaps 17-14 I will be very disappointed  but lets wait and see.

NYC....players have transferred out...Banyard, Thomas, LIndsay, Myles, and Edwards....Didn't Neal push some out??? Would UNM have been any better with them??? Did we really miss the first 4 this year?  You say Neal attacked the players in the media....Oh, the poor babies, how insensitive...Heavens...What a cruel soul Craig is...

You ask about what positives in fb and hoops...Football finished well last year, great rushing attack .If we only had a defense.  Now we finally have numbers., good returnees, better depth......I figure 7 wins at least....perhaps 8....a bowl???? Of course everyone goes to a bowl anymore but more optimism this year than any of Davie era.

Basketball....Lose only Delaney , Greenwood and Edwards...Everyone else returns...with a year of experience...hopefully no injuries..2 eligible transfers and a pretty good frosh group.. Coach now has a year behind him and new assistant looks ok..

Bandito asks about impact recruits....I've always said Alford's last 2 years recruiting were lame.. But I see some good things in the 3 frosh..Joe, X and Sam...Devin has what 5 minutes experience heading into this year...How many frosh come into this league and put up big numbers?? Nance averaged 4 pts as a frosh...Grabau who turned into a pretty decent pt. guard averaged less than one  I could go on.

A poor hoops year, yes..but some really got their panties in a dither...Smith leaves....we don't have a replacement for 3 weeks....tragic...and one turned us down....OMG...So now our new coach looks like a decent hire but he's not from Duke or Kentucky...Lightfoot opens recruiting up....the world must be coming to an end...How many commit before junior hoops start? Hell get a replacement. 

No I don't expect sugarcoating...I've been known to overreact myself.. But settle down..dudes......roll a thin one...If football finishes 5-7 next year and hoops barely over 500 I'll lead the griping....

• Like 1

Important year for both programs and their coaches.

I am predicting success.

I hope you're right. What's strange is I feel more confident in football being good in 2015 than basketball.

I remember the Lobo fans talking about how great Goodman was going to be. "The best JC player in America" (paraphrasing).

Judging from Lobo Lair it seems the new coping mechanism is "this was to be expected"

"Make like a tree and scram" - Rosegreen

Your administration is the reason why our basketball league is bleeding out currently. If you didn't insist on San Jose being in the MWC, so you guys would have someone that votes similar to SDSU, every team in the MWC wouldn't have to play 2 games vs. a team with a 330 RPI ranking EVERY season.

You guys are as stupid as you are desperate.   - Cowboy Junky

Jordan Goodman is leaving....some one put out the fire

looks like lobo fans were right, he is a one and done kind of player

now cullen neal will get to take 40 shots a game.  what is coach neal doing over there and what epic 2 star is he going after now?

How is Krebs the highest paid AD in the conference? 

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. 
         ---Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.

I really dislike Neal and Krebbs and expect both to be gone next year. Not a huge fan of Davie either but highly optimistic about the football team and the coach s apparent willingness to maybe throw a pass this year.