cherrycrush1

Fire Noodle

I'll back off my position on Wise Pies when they write the first $600k check. Until then, I will continue to view the deal skeptically. For you non-Lobo viewers, this startup company called Wise Pies is in the "fast casual custom pizza" market (with about a hundred others). They want to build a chain of franchises. They've been in business for about a year and have 3 stores, none of which I believe are actually franchised. The owner graduated from NMSU and, as far as I could determine, has previously never supported UNM. The deal was cut between the Wise Pies entity and UNM, and the ownership provided no personal guarantees. They promise 2 annual payments of $100k followed by 8 annual payments of 600k, for a theoretical total of $5MM. Yes, essentially, for $100k, they got the world famous Pit named after them. Does this sound like a "gift" or does it sound like a marketing stunt by a startup with nothing to lose?

You can attack me all you want. This is a bad deal for UNM, it is fishy to say the least, and the media has rolled over on the issue. Just like it rolled over on the all the Locksley issues, all the Alford issues, all the Bliss issues, etc...

Haha nobody and I mean nobody tells me how to run TheRedMenace.com, RedMenace.TV, or when I do Red Menace Radio...
There is a reason that basketball personnel is ordered not to speak with me. I refuse to pull punches in anything or anyone in my 26 years in the biz I've worn the black hat most of that time and never has anyone shut me down or control what I say.

You truly are a fool if you think SID or anyone else can threaten what we do. You're posts about the naming rights were taken off because I deemed them destructive... Nobody else stepped up with cash but Wise Pies and I am thrilled that at least ONE company laid out the cash, I'm not going to let someone use my website to let some fool crush those guys for trying to better this community.

See that's the problem with people like you. You left the state are no longer working to better the community, New Mexico, or UNM... So instead of actually trying to build up or support those trying to grow something... You attack anyone that is trying to grow this place, never seeing the big picture, never with foresight or even well thought out opinions or thoughts.. You're a mouth and nothing else but a mouth... A spoiled child with a keyboard... You truly are a dime a dozen person, the Internet and boards like this are filled with them. Never putting your butt on the line or working towards something great. An ankle biter

With this I agree.

NYC is growing tiresome. At first...seemed like a breath of fresh air. Speaking the truth. Shedding the

goggles that all fan bases wear.

Now...not so fresh and getting old.

One can be positive and support the programs without blindness.

Can we ban him from here as well?   He is a big reason for not reading the Red Menace.

I'll back off my position on Wise Pies when they write the first $600k check. Until then, I will continue to view the deal skeptically. For you non-Lobo viewers, this startup company called Wise Pies is in the "fast casual custom pizza" market (with about a hundred others). They want to build a chain of franchises. They've been in business for about a year and have 3 stores, none of which I believe are actually franchised. The owner graduated from NMSU and, as far as I could determine, has previously never supported UNM. The deal was cut between the Wise Pies entity and UNM, and the ownership provided no personal guarantees. They promise 2 annual payments of $100k followed by 8 annual payments of 600k, for a theoretical total of $5MM. Yes, essentially, for $100k, they got the world famous Pit named after them. Does this sound like a "gift" or does it sound like a marketing stunt by a startup with nothing to lose?

You can attack me all you want. This is a bad deal for UNM, it is fishy to say the least, and the media has rolled over on the issue. Just like it rolled over on the all the Locksley issues, all the Alford issues, all the Bliss issues, etc...

They have four stores in Albuquerque and are opening a fifth in the spring.  According to this mornings edition of the Albuquerque Journal,Wise Pies announced Wednesday,(yesterday) that they had reached agreements with three new franchise  groups to open 23 locations in Arizona, Nevada,  Farmington and Gallup NM.

They have four stores in Albuquerque and are opening a fifth in the spring.  According to this mornings edition of the Albuquerque Journal,Wise Pies announced Wednesday,(yesterday) that they had reached agreements with three new franchise  groups to open 23 locations in Arizona, Nevada,  Farmington and Gallup NM.  Chavez did attend UNM, but graduated from NMSU.

They have four stores in Albuquerque and are opening a fifth in the spring.  According to this mornings edition of the Albuquerque Journal,Wise Pies announced Wednesday,(yesterday) that they had reached agreements with three new franchise  groups to open 23 locations in Arizona, Nevada,  Farmington and Gallup NM.

Hehe. The sheep just follow. Krebs told you it was a good deal, so you believe it's a good deal. They may or may not default. Heck, I'm sure the state can build something else for double reasonable cost so that these guys can cover their payments. I just think it's hateful to real donors, making real gifts, like the Branches and the McKinnons.

Interesting, I did not know the details behind the naming rights. Pretty scary gamble to make if your UNM. Let's hope this pizza chain can flip the bill. That first 600k payment might be hard to come by.

With this I agree.

NYC is growing tiresome. At first...seemed like a breath of fresh air. Speaking the truth. Shedding the

goggles that all fan bases wear.

Now...not so fresh and getting old.

One can be positive and support the programs without blindness.

He brings a lot of insight, most of it rings true to me. I am not a fan of Noodles and Krebs right now, they are paid to produce.

The main thing that bothers me about wise pies agreement is I have had the pizza a few times now. They aren't very good, they are tiny, they are expensive. Costs me about fourteen dollars to even get full. I'd much rather go to Blake's Lota Burger for a six dollar combo.

The main thing that bothers me about wise pies agreement is I have had the pizza a few times now. They aren't very good, they are tiny, they are expensive. Costs me about fourteen dollars to even get full. I'd much rather go to Blake's Lota Burger for a six dollar combo.

Now I want a Lotta Burger damn you! :P

Can we ban him from here as well?   He is a big reason for not reading the Red Menace.

Shut the hell up!

Nobody gets band here. I have no fkn idea who that NYC guy is but he does bring up some points previous posters have posted here about that dude menace. 

Editing posts, banning people. Not saying he's a bad guy. Still that's fkd up IMO. 

That's why I'll never post there. This is my home. 

If you don't like him just ignore him but don't come here saying to ban someone. 

roflbot.jpg

NYClobo seems cool to me. Wish he posted more.

"Make like a tree and scram" - Rosegreen

Your administration is the reason why our basketball league is bleeding out currently. If you didn't insist on San Jose being in the MWC, so you guys would have someone that votes similar to SDSU, every team in the MWC wouldn't have to play 2 games vs. a team with a 330 RPI ranking EVERY season.

You guys are as stupid as you are desperate.   - Cowboy Junky

Hehe. The sheep just follow. Krebs told you it was a good deal, so you believe it's a good deal. They may or may not default. Heck, I'm sure the state can build something else for double reasonable cost so that these guys can cover their payments. I just think it's hateful to real donors, making real gifts, like the Branches and the McKinnons.

Actually it was the ONLY deal... It isn't like Krebs had two or ten deals/offers to choose from... He had ONE and made the move...

trm101.jpg?t=1279010041

Shut the hell up!

Nobody gets band here. I have no fkn idea who that NYC guy is but he does bring up some points previous posters have posted here about that dude menace. 

Editing posts, banning people. Not saying he's a bad guy. Still that's fkd up IMO. 

That's why I'll never post there. This is my home. 

If you don't like him just ignore him but don't come here saying to ban someone. 

Thanks Loboblast. Unlike others, I try to stay away from attacking the posters and simply express my opinions, unlike TheRedMenace (aka bandit0). 

His banning and editing/deleting posts is what got him one of his nicknames - "Ban-delete-o." Pretty funny. Regardless, I respect the guy for running the site, the fact that he is living his dream of doing TV and radio. I have no issues with his position on football; in fact, I largely agree with him. We share similar thoughts on Neal. Unfortunately, even with all of his apparent time in church, he has absolutely no humility. Rather than have a fair debate, he would rather lie, delete/edit posts, create new characters, etc. You saw what he did in his previous post - couldn't debate the original issue, so he went into a personal attack. Very un-Christian, wouldn't you say? And that's a big difference between the two of us. My family has very strong Christian values, we give significant money to charity, all of us (including my young children) volunteer regularly, but I don't go around bragging about what I do for others. He doesn't know how much money we've given to organizations like Casa Angelica, yet he accuses me of not helping the ABQ community. I'm sorry, but when I see the hell that these profoundly disabled children live in, I'd rather give my money to them than to Paul Krebs so that he can buy another S600. But, I guess, as long as he puts Biblical verses in his signature line, he feels that the can act however he wants...