Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

PEEotus

11 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Haven't you seen @mugtang without the mask? 

BPT3SMS.jpg

You should see me on my horse.

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

3 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Yea and then CNN ran around the clock coverage with this dossier as their main talking point.  Basically insuring every viewer would go read it and talking up the credentials of this MI6 guy as if he was somehow credible.  I would have been furious as well.

Might be the most irresponsible piece of journalism this year and CNN talked about it non stop.

1 minute ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Yea and then CNN ran around the clock coverage with this dossier as their main talking point.  Basically insuring every viewer would go read it and talking up the credentials of this MI6 guy as if he was somehow credible.  I would have been furious as well.

Might be the most irresponsible piece of journalism this year and CNN talked about it non stop.

It's as bad as CBS making up the National Guard story about Bush in 2004.

6 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Buzzfeed is crap and I hope this sinks whatever shred of credibility they held in some circles.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

And LOL at the faux-rage over Buzzfeed, CNN and its recent "fake news" folly.  As if Fox News and the vast majority of the right wing media hasn't been doing the very same crap for the past decade plus.  As if the bucket of deplorables haven't been exclusively reading and consuming fake news for the past 4-5 years. 

Did we forget Birther-Gate so quick?  

Jesus f-cking christ.  :rolleyes:

The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears; it was their final, most essential command.

Also, in what f-cking world is Buzzfeed considered news?  When did that happen?

The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears; it was their final, most essential command.

12 minutes ago, Jwherb said:

And LOL at the faux-rage over Buzzfeed, CNN and its recent "fake news" folly.  As if Fox News and the vast majority of the right wing media hasn't been doing the very same crap for the past decade plus.  As if the bucket of deplorables haven't been exclusively reading and consuming fake news for the past 4-5 years. 

Did we forget Birther-Gate so quick?  

Jesus f-cking christ.  :rolleyes:

Double standard?  Hell we saw posters here who bought this fake news hook line and sinker.  Some of the brighter posters on the board did.  I believe some claimed Pulitzers were to be won.  The non stop coverage on CNN was too much.  But we all agree cable news is garbage anyways, right? 

17 minutes ago, Jwherb said:

Also, in what f-cking world is Buzzfeed considered news?  When did that happen?

Only Comrade fan gets to make that call. Step off. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

I don't get the dumping on CNN. They didn't publish the documents. Once Buzzfeed did, CNN reported that the documents were part of the briefing given to congress and the Pres and Trump. They are  trying to pin Buzzfeed's "mistake" on CNN in an attempt to brand CNN "fake news" which nothing in its reporting on this can be considered fake. Here is CNN's response.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/11/politics/cnn-statement-trump-buzzfeed/index.html

Now I didn't watch a whole lot of CNN but looking online and the little I did see last night they didn't talk about anything in the report only mentioned briefly how it ended up at the FBI(through John Mccain)

Fox New's Shepard Smith called out Trump and said the way he treated the CNN reporter was wrong.

4 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Fox New's Shepard Smith called out Trump and said the way he treated the CNN reporter was wrong.

I actually thought the reporter that got called on should have yielded his question to the CNN reporter in a show of solidarity and was actually surprised that he didn't. Then I just read that the reporter that was called on was from Breitbart, so now it makes sense why he didn't.

Trump wouldn't answer a question from CNN claiming they are "fake news" while moving on to answer one from Brietbart.

18 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

And it is not faux outrage.  I am very upset.  This fake story will undermine the impact of the media reporting the REAL concerning issues that will be imminent and prevalent the next four years. 

I think that's a legitimate gripe, but I don't see how that in any way vindicates Trump or his behavior/tone at the press conference today.  ESPECIALLY since he spent much of Obama's tenure on a similarly distracting, undermining, disingenuous witch-hunt.

In fact, you've made me reconsider.  I actually now encourage and welcome this level of fake news against Trump, as it serves as just retribution and karma for the absolute bullsh-t we had to deal with the birthers and Trump's provoking and encouraging it.