Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Broncos4life

BSU football about to Helfrich

7 hours ago, BroncoOrange said:

Inside sources? Actual details would be nice if that is the case. I will say this, Harsin is no Chris Petersen. He's not the coach who will bring those days back, I think he has proven that. Next year could be a rough year. BSU loses a lot of guys. So unless Rypien has a break out year next year, then I fully expect next years team to go 8-4. In my opinion they will lose to both Washington State and BYU next year, both road games. They'll probably lose to SDSU and either Air Force or New Mexico will beat them, maybe even Wyoming (however that one is at home). There will be a lot of pressure on Harsin and Rypien to show improvement and if that doesn't happen this team is screwed.

Now if for some reason that last two games of the season were symptoms of a larger problem, then it's possible things could implode. But when you say you have inside sources telling you stuff and then you only tell us things that everyone already knows, then it's hard to believe everything you are saying.

The good new is, this team will go as far as Rypien takes it. If he is able to improve as much as fans were hoping he would this year, I think all bets are off the the table.

What insanity would ensure if Idaho's last game as a FBS team winds up against BSU in some bowl game?  There would be huge bragging rights at issue.  BSU fans would have ridiculous "we bitch-slapped you on your way out the door" scoreboard, whilst Idaho would have "we bitch-slapped you on our way out" scoreboard.  I, for one, think the universe would implode and I'm fairly certain that Neil deGrasse Tyson would back me up on that.

7 hours ago, BroncoOrange said:

Unfortunately I believe that will be the case. Just look at the years BSU under performed and most those years you can point to the QB not being very good.

Zabransky sucked and you did OK with him.

9 hours ago, teappotts said:

Don't count on it, Harsin is as bull headed as they come. He's hitched his wagon to Rypien and I doubt a couple of early season losses would change that. The bronco country crowd will defend him to the end as long as he wins seven or eight games a year. Apsey won't fire him and Kustra looks like he's looking to retire sooner than later.

Bullshit, Krusty's going pull an Al Davis on your asses.

11 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Both players are having off season surgeries. Call me a skeptic but I don't want to speculate on any players leaving the program until I hear it from an official source or @Warbow

Our friend Warbow is indeed a foremost expert on these matters, and all other matters as well.

I do not see Harsin leaving before the end of next season and then only if he wins 7 or fewer games. However I have absolutely NO inside sources in Boise. Perhaps someone should ask BlueRules.

I do know Southern Miss was a powerhouse for a LONG time and when they fell, it came from nowhere and they really have never recovered.
When BSU falls, it will be unexpected and everyone will be astonished. And it will happen under Harsin as I don't think he has a feel for the program.
I think he is a great guy, good coach who understands the game, but you have to keep your finger on the pulse of your program. I don't think he can feel it.
This is my strange explanation for all the strange stuff we have seen from the program that is inexplicable.
Or it could be the Russinans?:ph34r:

Spoiler

3 hours ago, VandalPride97 said:

What insanity would ensure if Idaho's last game as a FBS team winds up against BSU in some bowl game?  There would be huge bragging rights at issue.  BSU fans would have ridiculous "we bitch-slapped you on your way out the door" scoreboard, whilst Idaho would have "we bitch-slapped you on our way out" scoreboard.  I, for one, think the universe would implode and I'm fairly certain that Neil deGrasse Tyson would back me up on that.

I think it would be a good idea, however I don't think the BSU brass (Kustra) would go along with that idea. They don't seem to want anything to do with that game.

3 hours ago, VandalPride97 said:

Zabransky sucked and you did OK with him.

Not true, he was very good the year BSU won the Fiesta Bowl. Yes, he sucked his junior year, I will give you that. But being good 2 out 3 years isn't terrible.

1 hour ago, Wyobraska said:

What is the pulse of the boosters currently?  Do the players not like him enough to transfer?

I think he runs a tight ship and that rubs a lot of people the wrong way.  I think he is a good coach who is not going anywhere but I have heard it a few times he is not a "players coach" or whatever.   I just wish they would give up on the read option with rypien.   Run more play action out of the pistol or get a mobile qb.  Rush more than 3 guys and play up on wr's on d is a common theme.  

Posted Image

2 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

Didn't read all the pages so maybe it's already been said, but he said he might not call plays next season. Which would be amazing. 

Ever since we stopped all the pre-snap motion our offense has never been the same. Don't understand why that went away. 

I still wonder why Boise fans link offensive success with pre snap motion.  Kind of a wierd hang up. 

Just now, slappy said:

I still wonder why Boise fans link offensive success with pre snap motion.  Kind of a wierd hang up. 

Pre snap motion- highest scoring team if the century

No pre snap motion- 33 points a game

Thays why. PSM created mis matches. It was a thing of beauty when everyone moved  around and all of a sudden a MLB is covering Titus Young.

Just now, IanforHeisman said:

Pre snap motion- highest scoring team if the century

No pre snap motion- 33 points a game

Thays why. PSM created mis matches. It was a thing of beauty when everyone moved  around and all of a sudden a MLB is covering Titus Young.

Can never tell if all you bronco fans really believe something so dumb as this, or if it's a big inside joke.  In any case I'll start lobbying for pre snap motion too. I think we beat SD with more pre snap motion.  I get it now.  

7 minutes ago, slappy said:

I disagree.  That's what got CSU to 10-2 in '14, or at least part of it. We didn't have 10-2 talent. Not motion just for the sake of motion, but motion to force match up changes.  It can be effective.

1 minute ago, slappy said:

Can never tell if all you bronco fans really believe something so dumb as this, or if it's a big inside joke.  In any case I'll start lobbying for pre snap motion too. I think we beat SD with more pre snap motion.  I get it now.  

Is creating mismatches too many big words for you?