Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Broncos4life

BSU football about to Helfrich

I realize nobody believes someone who says they have inside sources.  I have 3 different avenues to great sources.  Frazier and Mattison no spring ball unbelievably suspicious, this is the beginning of the end of Harsin.  Heard about Mattison awhile ago and through questioning Frazier was easy to figure out.  DSG has left, if you think others aren't leaving you need to question big time.  He lost the coaches Year 1, and now the players.  I would post on broncocountry but they don't want to hear the potential news if it's bad.

For those wanting to see BSU fall in football, it's almost a certainty next year.  6-6 or worse is not only out of the question it's looking probable.  I'm prepared BSU fan are you?

Both players are having off season surgeries. Call me a skeptic but I don't want to speculate on any players leaving the program until I hear it from an official source or @Warbow

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

Inside sources? Actual details would be nice if that is the case. I will say this, Harsin is no Chris Petersen. He's not the coach who will bring those days back, I think he has proven that. Next year could be a rough year. BSU loses a lot of guys. So unless Rypien has a break out year next year, then I fully expect next years team to go 8-4. In my opinion they will lose to both Washington State and BYU next year, both road games. They'll probably lose to SDSU and either Air Force or New Mexico will beat them, maybe even Wyoming (however that one is at home). There will be a lot of pressure on Harsin and Rypien to show improvement and if that doesn't happen this team is screwed.

Now if for some reason that last two games of the season were symptoms of a larger problem, then it's possible things could implode. But when you say you have inside sources telling you stuff and then you only tell us things that everyone already knows, then it's hard to believe everything you are saying.

The good new is, this team will go as far as Rypien takes it. If he is able to improve as much as fans were hoping he would this year, I think all bets are off the the table.

1 hour ago, Broncos4life said:

I realize nobody believes someone who says they have inside sources.  I have 3 different avenues to great sources.  Frazier and Mattison no spring ball unbelievably suspicious, this is the beginning of the end of Harsin.  Heard about Mattison awhile ago and through questioning Frazier was easy to figure out.  DSG has left, if you think others aren't leaving you need to question big time.  He lost the coaches Year 1, and now the players.  I would post on broncocountry but they don't want to hear the potential news if it's bad.

For those wanting to see BSU fall in football, it's almost a certainty next year.  6-6 or worse is not only out of the question it's looking probable.  I'm prepared BSU fan are you?

I want Boise to be good. I just don't understand how some Boise fans still claim they are the class of the conference.

The conference is healthy with a good Boise.

If this team's only goes as far as Rypian will take them, then we are in trouble, because I don't he's not that kind of QB. We all thought he would be, but he doesn't appear to have that mentality.

I'm prepared for the slide though.  As an alum I don't have the luxury of bailing off the bandwagon and finding another team. 

5812325074_d6d40a5a2c_b.jpg

2 minutes ago, RiverCityBronco said:

If this teams only goes as far as Rypian will take them, then we are in trouble. I'm prepared for the downfall though.  As an alum I don't have the luxury of bailing of the bandwagon and finding another team. 

Unfortunately I believe that will be the case. Just look at the years BSU under performed and most those years you can point to the QB not being very good.

1 hour ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Both players are having off season surgeries. Call me a skeptic but I don't want to speculate on any players leaving the program until I hear it from an official source or @Warbow

DSG already is leaving.  I'm not saying Mattison is a certainty, but I would not list him as a return player until he is there and fall semester has started.  Frazier and DSG have something very much in common.  

Right now I think WSU, SDSU, BYU and Airforce are going to be very tough.  I would say most likely we lose those.  New Mexico, Wyoming and Virginia are 50/50 depending on what team shows up.  

I stated the skepticism would be there.  Coaches are leaving and not for better jobs then they left to come to Boise in all cases.  Players are exiting the program.  The team is playing very unspired ball.  Start putting the pieces together and you will see there are a ton of red flags at the moment. Hellfrich bombed his 4th year after a very similar start to Harsin.  Now pretty much all of Pete's guys are gone.  Their work ethic and dedication of the past is gone.  Next year will be the first year of 100% Harsin for the most part.  

Apply pressure and Rypien becomes a turnover machine. Harsin is okay but he's nothing special at all. I'm not sure the wheels are ready to come off completely but put me in the unimpressed at all with his leadership. 

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. 
         ---Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.

6 minutes ago, RiverCityBronco said:

If this team's only goes as far as Rypian will take them, then we are in trouble, because I don't he's not that kind of QB. We all thought he would be, but he doesn't appear to have that mentality.

I'm prepared for the slide though.  As an alum I don't have the luxury of bailing of the bandwagon and finding another team. 

I will never bail.  Many decades a Bronco fan.  Being a fan doesn't mean not keeping your eyes open and seeing trouble on the horizon and preparing to push the AD to make a change if the wheels fall come off.  

7 minutes ago, Broncos4life said:

I will never bail.  Many decades a Bronco fan.  Being a fan doesn't mean not keeping your eyes open and seeing trouble on the horizon and preparing to push the AD to make a change if the wheels fall come off.  

I agree. I'm not one of the blind fans. One more season for Harsin and if we still see signs of the ship sinking then he needs to go.  I don't have faith in Apsey at this point to put pressure on the program, but I do have faith that Kustra will not hesitate to make a change if needed.  Harsin talks and acts like a coach, I'm just not convinced at this point he has the ability to be a good or great head coach. Hopefully he proves me wrong.

5812325074_d6d40a5a2c_b.jpg

Mattison is having a clean up on his shoulder and they really need Mahone to take those reps in Spring ball anyway so they feel better about #1 and #2 backs.  Frazier is like Perez, they're both always hurt.   DSG was sent packing, he didn't 'want' to leave he just didn't take care of business.  I'd put money on neither of those 2 even thinking about leaving.

Next year could go either way, 6-6 is totally possible if this staff is a bust.   But getting embarrassed in the bowl game after going .500 in the division for 2 seasons should be enough motivation to turn it back on.   Good luck having Apsey in charge of a replacement though. Yes men don't typically succeed when they have to make critical decisions.

Ricedorf is a legit option at QB and they will package up some plays for him.  If he excels at those, he'll get more PT.    Rypien better learn to live in the pocket and be mobile inside it;  make fast decisions and be a lot more accurate or it could be a long season unless the defense is all grown up and keeps them in games.

10 minutes ago, RiverCityBronco said:

If the season starts of poorly I can see Harsin making the change to Ricedorf.  National JC player of the year, so he must have something to show.

Don't count on it, Harsin is as bull headed as they come. He's hitched his wagon to Rypien and I doubt a couple of early season losses would change that. The bronco country crowd will defend him to the end as long as he wins seven or eight games a year. Apsey won't fire him and Kustra looks like he's looking to retire sooner than later.

After the first year it's been pretty mediocre as far as I'm concerned, and he gets automatic extensions every year he wins eight games. Harsin isn't going anywhere whether he tanks or not.

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. 
         ---Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

6 minutes ago, Boise fan said:

Yeah that 10-3 year is a huge signal that things are going south.

A 6-6 prediction seems absurdly negative. Regardless, you have to admit the program has been slowly slipping under Harsin.

Boom goes the dynamite.

Just now, SleepingGiantsFan said:

A 6-6 prediction seems absurdly negative. Regardless, you have to admit the program has been slowly slipping under Harsin.

It isn't what it was.  But how many G5 schools would cry apocalypse with the worst season in seventeen years being 8-4?  And that only happened once. 

Boise is still getting the best recruiting classes of the MWC, and coach attrition is commonplace.

The Petersen era is over.  That doesn't mean the program is headed to be the next Fresno State.

51t4uwlffaL._SL160_SS150_.jpg324804241_0b7c67b2af_m.jpg

BCS is to Football what Fox News is to Journalism

1 minute ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

I think what it indicates is that you can no longer simply chalk certain games up as a win.  It used to be we absolutely count on going 8-0, or 7-1 at worst, in our conference.  Now, just about every game is a toss up, as every MWC team besides SJSU, and Nevada and Fresno State of late, have shown they can hang with or beat BSU. 

It used to be that if the game were close, BSU was almost certainly going to win it.  Now, the attitude is that if the game is within 3 scores in the 4th quarter, BSU will find a way to choke it away. 

The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears; it was their final, most essential command.

2 minutes ago, Boise fan said:

It isn't what it was.  But how many G5 schools would cry apocalypse with the worst season in seventeen years being 8-4?  And that only happened once. 

Boise is still getting the best recruiting classes of the MWC, and coach attrition is commonplace.

The Petersen era is over.  That doesn't mean the program is headed to be the next Fresno State.

I said Boise has fallen off under Harsin; I didn't say you had become just an average MWC team.

Highly regarded recruiting classes don't mean diddly squat if the players don't end up performing to that level.

I can't say which but a number of Boise fans claimed there would be no dropoff without Petersen because he had been underperforming. Somehow that sentiment seems to have died around here.

Boom goes the dynamite.

4 minutes ago, Jwherb said:

I think what it indicates is that you can no longer simply chalk certain games up as a win.  It used to be we absolutely count on going 8-0, or 7-1 at worst, in our conference.  Now, just about every game is a toss up, as every MWC team besides SJSU, and Nevada and Fresno State of late, have shown they can hang with or beat BSU. 

It used to be that if the game were close, BSU was almost certainly going to win it.  Now, the attitude is that if the game is within 3 scores in the 4th quarter, BSU will find a way to choke it away. 

Agree with this. As HeismanIan said the other day, Boise football and SDSU basketball are still pretty good but each has clearly dropped down a notch.

Boom goes the dynamite.