Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fbpack

Elijah Foster Domestic Battery charges dismissed

17 minutes ago, creeper86 said:

Looks like somebody is excited...#quadposts

Board issue 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 minute ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

What's the latest on Hall? It would be nice to get him & Foster back.

I don't know if I want Foster back.  It would be nice to have his talent but not his character.   Hall will be back for Wyoming or Air Force. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

4 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I don't know if I want Foster back.  It would be nice to have his talent but not his character.   Hall will be back for Wyoming or Air Force. 

Was he a problem before those false battery allegations?

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

1 minute ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

Well we don't know the details behind everything and whatever I say from what he may or may not have done is rumor 

10 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Hall isn't back practicing yet. He won't be making the trip to Wyoming. It's the shoulder giving him trouble, not the concussion which is a good thing.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

1 minute ago, fbpack said:

Not defending beating girls but I'm for giving the young man a second chance 

I think what will happen is he will be allowed back but with a very short leash. 

I think he should sit for the rest of the year. There are more important things in life than basketball. It sounds like Foster has some things he needs to work on.

http://www.rgj.com/story/sports/college/nevada/2017/01/09/elijah-fosters-domestic-battery-charge-dismissed-prejudice/96367318/

The domestic battery charge against Nevada basketball player Elijah Foster has been dismissed with prejudice while he pleaded guilty to a different charge, according to the Reno Municipal Court website.

Foster pleaded guilty to disturbing the peace (breach of peace) and willful and unreasonable loud/raucous noises. That is a misdemeanor. He must undergo 14 weeks of counseling, which he is currently doing at the University of Nevada, according to the Reno Municipal Court website

Nevada basketball coach Eric Musselman said Monday that Foster, the Wolf Pack's starting center, remains indefinitely suspended.

"Elijah is in the same situation as he has been," Musselman said.

Foster was arrested Nov. 29 and charged with domestic battery (first), meaning his first such offense, and contempt of court for an unpaid speeding ticket in Esmeralda County in Southern Nevada.

The initial police report on the case read as follows: "The defendant had made statements on a call to dispatch that consisted of him saying to the victim, who is his girlfriend of two years, 'Shut up or I'll hit you again.' The victim was crying at the time. The victim had a recent scratch by her right eye. The defendant was taken into custody for domestic battery and transported to the (Washoe County Sheriffs Office) for booking."

Hall, who was taken off the court on a stretcher after taking a hard fall on a dunk attempt on Dec. 28 against San Jose State, still hasn't returned to practice and isn't expected to travel with Nevada to Wyoming for a game Saturday.

"I don't think we'll have Josh back and that's really disappointing," Musselman said. "Quite frankly, we thought he'd be back by Wednesday or Thursday at practice. I hope we're doing everything we can with his rehab on his shoulder because that seems to be the problem. He needs to get in and get rehab on that as quick as possible."

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

7 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

I think he should sit for the rest of the year. There are more important things in life than basketball. It sounds like Foster has some things he needs to work on.

http://www.rgj.com/story/sports/college/nevada/2017/01/09/elijah-fosters-domestic-battery-charge-dismissed-prejudice/96367318/

The domestic battery charge against Nevada basketball player Elijah Foster has been dismissed with prejudice while he pleaded guilty to a different charge, according to the Reno Municipal Court website.

Foster pleaded guilty to disturbing the peace (breach of peace) and willful and unreasonable loud/raucous noises. That is a misdemeanor. He must undergo 14 weeks of counseling, which he is currently doing at the University of Nevada, according to the Reno Municipal Court website

Nevada basketball coach Eric Musselman said Monday that Foster, the Wolf Pack's starting center, remains indefinitely suspended.

"Elijah is in the same situation as he has been," Musselman said.

Foster was arrested Nov. 29 and charged with domestic battery (first), meaning his first such offense, and contempt of court for an unpaid speeding ticket in Esmeralda County in Southern Nevada.

The initial police report on the case read as follows: "The defendant had made statements on a call to dispatch that consisted of him saying to the victim, who is his girlfriend of two years, 'Shut up or I'll hit you again.' The victim was crying at the time. The victim had a recent scratch by her right eye. The defendant was taken into custody for domestic battery and transported to the (Washoe County Sheriffs Office) for booking."

Hall, who was taken off the court on a stretcher after taking a hard fall on a dunk attempt on Dec. 28 against San Jose State, still hasn't returned to practice and isn't expected to travel with Nevada to Wyoming for a game Saturday.

"I don't think we'll have Josh back and that's really disappointing," Musselman said. "Quite frankly, we thought he'd be back by Wednesday or Thursday at practice. I hope we're doing everything we can with his rehab on his shoulder because that seems to be the problem. He needs to get in and get rehab on that as quick as possible."

Dude needs to sit.

Coping a plea to a lesser charge does not admiss him from something he shouldn't have been doing.

You play the badass dude scaring a chick doesn't and shouldn't float in the sports world anymore.

1 hour ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

Dude needs to sit.

Coping a plea to a lesser charge does not admiss him from something he shouldn't have been doing.

You play the badass dude scaring a chick doesn't and shouldn't float in the sports world anymore.

I agree, sit him...away from all program activities for the rest of the season. 

Until a video surfaces, nobody seems to care much when all they have is what's admitted to on paper... what it looks like when a large man slams a small woman in the face with a fist is just too hard to envision in today's society...he'll be suiting up soon...#TMZwhereisit?

1 hour ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

We don't know if the allegations were "false" but no, he's never had any public issue before. Basketball wise, Musselman has pushed and challenged him and he has taken it and responded positively.

51 minutes ago, creeper86 said:

Until a video surfaces, nobody seems to care much when all they have is what's admitted to on paper... what it looks like when a large man slams a small woman in the face with a fist is just too hard to envision in today's society...he'll be suiting up soon...#TMZwhereisit?

Well the girlfriend didn't cooperate with police. 

41 minutes ago, creeper86 said:

Surprise....

What do you mean by that?