Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

UNLV at New Mexico

12 minutes ago, toonkee said:

You too?  I will not be buying an all-session ticket for the first time in probably 8 or 9 years.  

Yes I've been a total basketball junkie that weekend, starting with the Wednesday games, and sitting there all day Thursday. I will just be doing it a few weeks later in Phoenix, my boss got me tickets for all 3 games and all the extras as well. Food, drinks, slam dunk contest...in excited for that. The only problem I'm having is deciding which of my kids goes to what, lol, since I only have 2 tickets. They'll have to figure it out, I think. 

8 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

Yes I've been a total basketball junkie that weekend, starting with the Wednesday games, and sitting there all day Thursday. I will just be doing it a few weeks later in Phoenix, my boss got me tickets for all 3 games and all the extras as well. Food, drinks, slam dunk contest...in excited for that. The only problem I'm having is deciding which of my kids goes to what, lol, since I only have 2 tickets. They'll have to figure it out, I think. 

Or how about a distant maybe cousin...:whistle:

41 minutes ago, toonkee said:

Or how about a distant maybe cousin...:whistle:

Right? I think I'm going to become very popular in the next few weeks, lol.

but we did decide we were related, was it through my last name? Most likely, lok

2 minutes ago, LakersGM1 said:

I didn't get to see the game because of some extreme bullshit at work, but how did UNLV's zone defense fair? Did they use it the whole game? Were they able to prevent open 3PTers?

Menzies switched it up quite a bit, but Neal stuck with it the entire second half until about 1 minute left. Overall the Rebs defense looked better. 

You might still be able to watch it on espn3?

Difference between Dave RIce & staff vs Marvin Menzies & staff - under Menzies & staff we are actually seeing UNLV players improve over the course of the season. Classic example of Rice & staff doing less with more, while Menzies & staff are doing more with less 

57 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

Difference between Dave RIce & staff vs Marvin Menzies & staff - under Menzies & staff we are actually seeing UNLV players improve over the course of the season. Classic example of Rice & staff doing less with more, while Menzies & staff are doing more with less 

Yes. And there is a lot of experience in marvins staff, something Dave rice didn't do. 

2 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

Yes. And there is a lot of experience in marvins staff, something Dave rice didn't do. 

Max Good & Stacey Augmon sure didn't get much in the way of results and they had experience - Not sure what went wrong there :(

6 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

I had decided I was not going to go to the MW tournament this year (which I always do) because I'm going to the FINAL FOUR!! :woohoo:

but I might just have to go ahead and go to both..

For the first time since its inception, I may not make the trip to Vegas this year.

OTOH...I may go just for some PAC/WAC action.

I'm a huge Alford Alford UCLA fan.

1 hour ago, LoboSage said:

For the first time since its inception, I may not make the trip to Vegas this year.

OTOH...I may go just for some PAC/WAC action.

I'm a huge Alford Alford UCLA fan.

I hear you. I might "free agent" a bit. Go to some MW games, go to a PAC game...

Lady Rebs hand NM another Loss for the week.  56-42.  Two of our better players out with suspensions from the fight the other night against Utah St.  NM shooting was cold and couldn't get things going against the short handed Rebs.