Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

UNLV at New Mexico

9 minutes ago, Newmexpoke said:

Officially. In reality no. Fans didn't even give him a chance to do a search. Governor called krebs to say Neal deserved a shot. 

You guys should let noodles finish the year and hire Menzies assistant at NMSU. 

37 minutes ago, Newmexpoke said:

Officially. In reality no. Fans didn't even give him a chance to do a search. Governor called krebs to say Neal deserved a shot. 

Why did Neal have so much momentum behind him?

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

2 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Because everyone was coming back from the team that lost to Harvard. Alford bailed and we wanted to keep it going for a chance to get to a sweet 16.  Was going well till sdsu went to a 2-3 zone and he's sucked since 

8 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Everyone wanted him. Continuance of what had been built, great recruiter and instant coach for 750k with no buyout. I thought he would be great but I was wrong. Fire Neal now or fire him later, not sure which is best.

Well, I think that's it for me for basketball season. This team has torn the heart out of me as well, LOL. Looking forward to Lobo baseball, and football season is only eight months away!

I'll try not to attend another Lobo basketball game for a while either… And that's saying a lot, because I get a lot of tickets free! 

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

good article by graney on dembele.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/columns/ed-graney/out-africa-and-all-the-way-unlv-cheickna-dembele-finding-his-way

If he were anywhere else this college season, Dembele probably would be enjoying a redshirt year, a freshman whose skills aren’t yet close to matching his desire, a beanpole all of 6 feet 11 inches tall and a generously listed 235 pounds. He’s all arms and legs and eagerness to improve.

“Even though we can get big-time players from the United States to come to UNLV, we’re still going to tap into those international kids like Cheickna, those with high character who can become program kids and great ambassadors for our university,” Menzies said. “He’s getting valuable experience playing this year. I think his ceiling is pretty high. People talk about talent. Talent is overrated. Work ethic is far more valuable, and his work ethic is phenomenal.”

and

We must start with the hands. They’re getting better. They’re still not very good.

“Cheickna knows his role,” junior point guard Jovan Mooring said. “He’s just a good dude who listens and loves to play the game. He’s not perfect, but he’s learning fast. I’m going to keep getting on him about catching my passes, and he’s going to keep getting on me to throw him more.”

Guest RoscoesDad

Got to give it to Mooring.  He's improved more than any UNLV player in recent memory.

If Marvin can keep this team around .500, the MWC tourney is gonna be fun.

6 minutes ago, RoscoesDad said:

Got to give it to Mooring.  He's improved more than any UNLV player in recent memory.

Consistency is the key. He's had two really great games, Wyoming and UNM. He needs to bring it every night.

10 hours ago, nmlongbow said:

Everyone wanted him. Continuance of what had been built, great recruiter and instant coach for 750k with no buyout. I thought he would be great but I was wrong. Fire Neal now or fire him later, not sure which is best.

Trust me...it's later.  Handle it the right way.  It has an effect on how prospective coaches view the program and the people running it.  Trust me.

7 minutes ago, toonkee said:

Trust me...it's later.  Handle it the right way.  It has an effect on how prospective coaches view the program and the people running it.  Trust me.

If you got someone lined up behind the scenes then you can fire him now, but if not, it is best to wait.

52 minutes ago, RoscoesDad said:

I had decided I was not going to go to the MW tournament this year (which I always do) because I'm going to the FINAL FOUR!! :woohoo:

but I might just have to go ahead and go to both..

45 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

I had decided I was not going to go to the MW tournament this year (which I always do) because I'm going to the FINAL FOUR!! :woohoo:

but I might just have to go ahead and go to both..

You too?  I will not be buying an all-session ticket for the first time in probably 8 or 9 years.