Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

UNLV at New Mexico

I refuse to believe the a coach can coach on such a way that you can't even box out, you cant rebound and you can't hit a jumps shot!

Yes, the coaching  sucks at times, but these players suck as well. They are lazy, they have no hustle, and like Sharktanked said... this IS the slowest Lobo team I've seen in a long time! 

Logwood is worthless, EB is to inconsistent to be a factor in every game, and this team loses to many battles under the board. Hate on Neal all you want, but refusing to lay some of the blame on the players, is just Noodles Hate.

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

1 minute ago, PTR said:

For the better part of 4 years. It was disguised in Craig's first year because we had alpha male players that won in spite of him. Even that team underachieved though without a real coach.

Neal.........'uncle'.

Just now, LoboMan59 said:

I refuse to believe the a coach can coach on such a way that you can't even box out, you cant rebound and you can't hit a jumps shot!

Yes, the coaching  sucks at times, but these players suck as well. They are lazy, they have no hustle, and like Sharktanked said... this IS the slowest Lobo team I've seen in a long time! 

Logwood is worthless, EB is to inconsistent to be a factor in every game, and this team loses to many battles under the board. Hate on Neal all you want, but refusing to lay some of the blame on the players, is just Noodles Hate.

Noodles is responsible for bringing all of those players in...

2 minutes ago, LoboMan59 said:

Well somehow all the good-great coaches don't have this problem. So clearly they do something Neal doesn't. 

Well see. When krebs gets to go out and do his thing, his only true whiff was locks every other hire has been great. 

1 minute ago, fbpack said:

Is mooring the D2 player of the year transfer how is he looking for you guys ?

That's junior college division 2 player of the year! And he's become our most important player.

2 minutes ago, fbpack said:

Yeah. Junior College division 2.

He was complete garbage at the beginning of the year. Stupid passes. Stupid turnovers. Jimmer Fredette 3's but all rim.

He's come a long way. He's still doing some of the same shit, but nowhere near the same level. He's becoming more confident and making smarter plays.

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

Just now, BestintheWest said:

Yeah.

He was complete garbage at the beginning of the year. Stupid passes. Stupid turnovers. Jimmer Fredette 3's.

He's come a long way. He's still doing some of the same shit, but nowhere near the same level. He's becoming more confident and making smarter plays.

Kid could be really good just needs to adjust

1 minute ago, Newmexpoke said:

Well somehow all the good-great coaches don't have this problem. So clearly they do something Neal doesn't. 

Well see. When krebs gets to go out and do his thing, his only true whiff was locks every other hire has been great. 

Didn't he hire Neal?

2 minutes ago, LoboMan59 said:

It's a locker-room culture issue more than a talent issue. Remember how good Logwood looked his freshmen year? Remember how good EB looked last year? Remember when Obi was a decent help-side shot blocker his sophomore year and would even throw up a sweet baby hook 2 or 3 times a game? None of these guys fear or respect Noodles. And you can tell none of them are having any fun playing either. Players consistently regress under Neal. 

6 minutes ago, fbpack said:

Junior College D2 - Mooring was sort of wild a lot early on, but he's been improving - still can be a wild card at any moment, but he's way more under control.....wouldn't be surprised if he's not UNLV's leader on the court from here on out 

Wow this basketball conference...SUCKS HINDTIT. :blink:

I guess if there was a year for UNLV basketball to be complete shit, this is it.  Mooring, I like his moxie and aggressive playing style, said it earlier this year that he just needs to get acclimated to this level. Next year he will be a stud. 

Nice win by Menzies, I gave this team zero chance to pull it off but holy cow what a job Menzies did tonight.

2 minutes ago, SharkTanked said:

Very impressed with Menzies' adjustments and game prep on this. Probably his best coaching job this season. Wonder if he was a little fired up for the Pit?

Well he is familiar with that team and arena.

That was the biggest problem with Rice. Once it was conference time everyone else was familiar with him and UNLV. It was easy to coach circles around the guy.

I don't think that will happen with Menzies too often. Especially when the talent pool increases.

All is well, For Rice is gone.