Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

UNLV at New Mexico

Come you guys... stop putting all the blame on Noodles! Players have got to step up themselves! Noodles isn't missing shots, losing rebounds, and not boxing out.

i will say I thought Neal should have gone to a man defense... but my God this team  has no will to win. Just as much blame goes to the players as the coach!

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

2 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

Rebels win !

Not sure now, if that Nevada wan was all that great - the rally was nice, but if UNLV can beat New Mexico in the Pit ~?~?

no, that comeback was incredible. but i don't know how the pack was down by 25 in the first place. i'm guessing the lobos are still hung over from that loss. both teams from nevada.

Sorry Loobs.  We do feel your pain, though. Our programs are so similar.  We had really, really great coaches and then went on the cheap and stupid after they left. You'll make a solid hire next time and maybe in a few years we can have some fun at the MW tournament like the old days. 

1 minute ago, LoboMan59 said:

Come you guys... stop putting all the blame on Noodles! Players have got to step up themselves! Noodles isn't missing shots, losing rebounds, and not boxing out.

i will say I thought Neal should have gone to a man defense... but my God this team  has no will to win. Just as much blame goes to the players as the coach!

Please no. It's on Neal.

3 minutes ago, PTR said:

There is a bunch of talent on this team. We just have the worst coach in the conference. Possibly bottom 10 in the country.

Don't know about that. That's the slowest UNM team I can remember seeing.

1 minute ago, LoboMan59 said:

Yes, the players play but the coach sets the tone for the program. You have a culture and leadership issue in Lobo basketball right now and that comes in large part from the top down.

6 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

Rebels win !

Not sure now, if that Nevada wan was all that great - the rally was nice, but if UNLV can beat New Mexico in the Pit ~?~?

Like I said earlier in the season this team will lose every single road conference game and some at home as well, finish below .500. I guess I missed on SDSU but they're bad too. 

2 minutes ago, toonkee said:

Sorry Loobs.  We do feel your pain, though. Our programs are so similar.  We had really, really great coaches and then went on the cheap and stupid after they left. You'll make a solid hire next time and maybe in a few years we can have some fun at the MW tournament like the old days. 

Menzies was a solid hire IMHO. He inherited a train wreck but damn it you can see flashes of how good he can be despite have like 7 legit D1 players on the roster. 

6 minutes ago, BestintheWest said:

Ayyyyyyy lmao. Atta boy Rebs.

Big win for Menzies.

true freshman Dembele and D2 JC Mooring with the best games of the season.

They were great.  Have to add Ofoegbu in there as well.  May not see it again but he played his best game in a Rebel uniform so far.  Stuffed the stat sheet nicely.  

1 minute ago, Newmexpoke said:

Like I said earlier in the season this team will lose every single road conference game and some at home as well, finish below .500. I guess I missed on SDSU but they're bad too. 

Looking forward to the SDSU/ SJSU battle from the bottom. ESPNU.

1 minute ago, SharkTanked said:

Don't know about that. That's the slowest UNM team I can remember seeing.

Harris is probably one of the fastest guys in the conference. Jefferson and Logwood are both explosive athletes too. Brown and Williams are both returning 1st team all-conference upper-classmen. Kuiper is a quality role player. There's plenty of players on that team. I'm not saying they're a prime CDR talented team, but definitely should be head and shoulders better than they are.

1 minute ago, LoboSage said:

Looking forward to the SDSU/ SJSU battle from the bottom. ESPNU.

Yes.  That's awesome.  Even if SDSU wins tonight UNLV will still be in front of them in the standings.  That's wild.

3 minutes ago, toonkee said:

Yes, the players play but the coach sets the tone for the program. You have a culture and leadership issue in Lobo basketball right now and that comes in large part from the top down.

For the better part of 4 years. It was disguised in Craig's first year because we had alpha male players that won in spite of him. Even that team underachieved though without a real coach.

10 minutes ago, LoboMan59 said:

for whatever reason, your team has quit on neal. he needs to figure out how to fix it in a hurry, that's his job.

i liked marvin's wink at dembele (n i think it was dembele). maybe noodles should try that. :P