Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

madmartigan

OT: Clemson vs Alabama, who you got?

2 hours ago, Fowl said:

Clemson by 10.

Clemson D is very good and under-rated - almost as good as bama's.  They will shut down the run (19th in the country) and make Hurts throw the ball to win.  The only run defense bama has played that is statistically better than Clemson's was LSU (14th in country - 3.40 ypc) and bama rushed for 4.2 ypc and only scored 10 pts.  

I see a couple of Hurts picks resulting in points deciding this game.

Clemson O is balanced enough to move the ball on the bama D.  Bama won't be able to send just four to pressure Watson as his OL allowed the fourth lowest sack percentage in the country this past year (sacked on just 2.6% of pass attempts).  Plus with his scrambling ability if they bring 5-6 then he'll tear them up on the ground (given man coverage) or find an open guy one on one.

good write up.  thanks.

1 hour ago, retrofade said:

Nope, not a typo at all. I can't stand the +++++er. He +++++ed my Dolphins over so badly, and he's a lying, unethical, manipulative piece of shit that takes advantage of whomever he can. 

maybe tell us how you really feel? :P

i'm going with clemson.

On a completely separate rant why the hell isn't the national championship game on network +++++ing television? How did we as a society decide that was acceptable?

4 minutes ago, PTR said:

On a completely separate rant why the hell isn't the national championship game on network +++++ing television? How did we as a society decide that was acceptable?

espn is doing the athletes a favor. generating just enough money to cover the cost of these kids educations. it's a charity really

So far the best part of the game was the Allstate commercial with Mayhem's head sticking out from the car's dashboard. ;)

1 hour ago, Jack Bauer said:

Alabama looks like they're going to grind them down and win this like 31-14 or something.

Happy I've been wrong.

This has been a really fun game.  The Bama offense has nothing without their star RB.  QB is too young, can't make the throws.  We'll see what he's got in the last 4m.  Pretty arrogant of them to think they can just replace their OC and keep on truckin'.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

What a great game.  

"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."