Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

Kellen Moore unsung hero of the team says Prescott.

I'm a huge KM fan.  Obviously, it was very frustrating when we played against him, but I think he's simply an excellent QB.  I want nothing but the best for him.  Seems like a great guy too.  Big teeth, but a class act.

It is my natural expectation that once he concludes his apprenticeship under his Vandal OC, he will be prepared to lead/coach teams at the highest level.  KM seems to be developing very well and Dak Prescott's statements are telling of Moore's progression under the wise Vandal tutelage of Scott Linehan.  It is abundantly clear that Coach Linehan, a notable Vandal, has developed a sense of faith in KM and now feels comfortable giving him the ability to grow and develop his natural gifts as a prospective coach.

This is a perfect example of superlative mentorship and leadership training.  A hallmark of effective leadership is the ability to improve those under your supervision and I applaud my fellow Vandal, Scott Linehan, for taking time out of his day to make Kellen Moore what he is today.  Bravo to Scott Linehan, Kellen's Vandal boss, for giving Kellen Moore a chance to show his worth.

29 minutes ago, jonnyflingspoo said:

If he's smart he will stay away from ever coaching at Boise. If he were to fail here in Boise as a coach it would tarnish his legacy. You don't see Ryne Sandberg calling shots for the Cubbies for a reason

I think he can probably make the jump to OC without passing go or collecting 200 snaps.

12 minutes ago, VandalPride97 said:

I'm a huge KM fan.  Obviously, it was very frustrating when we played against him, but I think he's simply an excellent QB.  I want nothing but the best for him.  Seems like a great guy too.  Big teeth, but a class act.

It is my natural expectation that once he concludes his apprenticeship under his Vandal OC, he will be prepared to lead/coach teams at the highest level.  KM seems to be developing very well and Dak Prescott's statements are telling of Moore's progression under the wise Vandal tutelage of Scott Linehan.  It is abundantly clear that Coach Linehan, a notable Vandal, has developed a sense of faith in KM and now feels comfortable giving him the ability to grow and develop his natural gifts as a prospective coach.

This is a perfect example of superlative mentorship and leadership training.  A hallmark of effective leadership is the ability to improve those under your supervision and I applaud my fellow Vandal, Scott Linehan, for taking time out of his day to help Kellen Moore become what he is today.  Bravo.

Linehan has been huge for Kellen.  He recognized his ability and worth to his offenses went way beyond his physical gifts.  Moore's knowledge of the game is sublime.  He makes everybody around him better.  Due to his value I bet he plays a few more years in the NFL.  Not bad for a short white guy who can't run and has sub par arm strength.  When he goes into coaching I have zero doubt he will be wildly successful.  Moore is football mind that is beyond rare.

13 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Linehan has been huge for Kellen.  He recognized his ability and worth to his offenses went way beyond his physical gifts.  Moore's knowledge of the game is sublime.  He makes everybody around him better.  Due to his value I bet he plays a few more years in the NFL.  Not bad for a short white guy who can't run and has sub par arm strength.  When he goes into coaching I have zero doubt he will be wildly successful.  Moore is football mind that is beyond rare.

I think it's kind of cool that Kellen and Matt Linehan seem to get along.  They get it - the rivalry is an athletic thing, not the 11th commandment.  They're bigger people than many!

6 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

Wouldn't be surprised if Dallas keeps him around. Sanchez will get dumped for sure, not sure what Romos contract looks like but can't imagine he stays either. 

Who knows.  I don't think KM has a future as a NFL QB, but he could probably slide into coaching without any lube.

7 hours ago, IanforHeisman said:

I think he'll stick as a backup for another year or two. He had a 400 yard game and moved the offense up and down the field when Dallas's offense was pure shit. 

Wow wow wow, let's pump the brakes. The Dallas offense last year had the exact same OL it does this year. He definitely played better than Cassel and Weeden. He played OK, but nothing to write Home about. He completed 58 percent of his passes and tossed 4 TD/ 6 int. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

10 hours ago, jonnyflingspoo said:

If he's smart he will stay away from ever coaching at Boise. If he were to fail here in Boise as a coach it would tarnish his legacy. You don't see Ryne Sandberg calling shots for the Cubbies for a reason

That's not from lack of trying on his part. He managed A, AA, and AAA before being passed over twice for the manager position with the Cubs.

1 hour ago, madmartigan said:

Wow wow wow, let's pump the brakes. The Dallas offense last year had the exact same OL it does this year. He definitely played better than Cassel and Weeden. He played OK, but nothing to write Home about. He completed 58 percent of his passes and tossed 4 TD/ 6 int. 

They had no running back, and their top 2 WR's were out. It wasn't even remotely the same the team as this year.