Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Headbutt

CSU - Put a fork in us.

I got wind of this about two weeks ago.  There's another thread somewhere on this board where I predicted CSU would finish a game with 4 on the floor.  That was a subtle hint about what was going on.

I've made my thoughts on Eustachy clear on this board. I'm hoping this is the final straw.

2 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

I got wind of this about two weeks ago.  There's another thread somewhere on this board where I predicted CSU would finish a game with 4 on the floor.  That was a subtle hint about what was going on.

I've made my thoughts on Eustachy clear on this board. I'm hoping this is the final straw.

I do recall that reference - Not a good situation for what was a nice MWC start for CSU 

2 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

Eustachy knows basketball but he is just not a leader of young men.  He needs to go.

Yep, Swoll filled me in a while back.  I had a very hard time believing it.

I'm just wondering if something like this can get rid of Eustachy without the buyout, or if a few well heeled boosters will be offended enough to eat the buyout.

In this day and age of academic support for student athletes, there is no excuse for this.

7 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

I do recall that reference - Not a good situation for what was a nice MWC start for CSU 

I actually think that none of the players in question should have been allowed to play once they received their first semester grades. They should have been suspended from all basketball related activities on or about December 21. The three players should never have been allowed to plah an MWC game.

Just now, Swoll Cracker said:

I actually think that none of the players in question should have been allowed to play once they received their first semester grades. They should have been suspended from all basketball related activities on or about December 21. The three players should never have been allowed to plah an MWC game.

Wonder if the MWC, NCAA or individual schools set the rules / time frames for these sort of things - Because you make a good point, there's always some time frame between when fall grades are posted and when the new semester begins......that could be 3 to 5 weeks and cover a number of games / tournaments 

4 minutes ago, misplacedcowboy said:

I bet most people see the title of the article and a different CSU player comes to mind...

Who?

I don't understand why they announced now if they plan on playing them up until the 17th. 

Eustachy is killing that program, can't imagine how the administration will put up with this. Be tough to be a fan of CSU hoops.

There is a serious payout involved.  Still, find the money.  Cut the cancer out, go with an interim HC, do the best you can, and go hire Medved after March.

CSU can't afford the continued appearance of impropriety that this brings.  As far as I can tell, there are no NCAA violations but it goes to the credibility of the university.  As Swoll has pointed out, our president is big on athletics being the front porch of the university.  We can't afford any more broken boards in the BB corner of the porch, and we can't afford that coach just sitting in the rocking chair and taking the program down even farther.  We've got a decent team this year by MWC standards, but the program is stuck in a whirlpool.  Time to make a statement and stop the bleeding.

1 minute ago, Poster17 said:

Of course they get a win vs UNLV while using three players which should have not been allowed to play.  Such is life for the Rebels lately.  

Stay tuned on that one.  I wouldnt be surprised to see that result reversed in the near future.

1 hour ago, Headbutt said:

i'm sorry to hear that, it sucks. what a hit to take mid season, that's a big part of your team.

50 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

I actually think that none of the players in question should have been allowed to play once they received their first semester grades. They should have been suspended

from all basketball related activities on or about December 21. The three players should never have been allowed to plah an MWC game.

obviously for selfish reasons, i might agree with this. the rest of the conference will be playing a depleted team which will affect the overall standings. it's just too bad that these kids didn't do the work they knew they needed to do, and that larry should have made sure they do.

1 hour ago, Swoll Cracker said:

i saw this and wondered then if something was up.

we might have a walk on from the wynn who still has some eligibility left, maybe you can borrow him. he comes with a unlv jersey stolen from the mendenhall.

4 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

As far as we know, the answer is yes.

Just got off the phone with Tom Jurich.  He said it's OK to do that as long as we warn Colorado School of Mines that they might get slapped around a bit by the NCAA because of it.

5 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

Knowing him, he'll probably be scouting intramural games for walkons. 

Sounds like he's been mailing it in for quite a while. 

He has no clue where they even play intramural games. And even if he did, he wouldnt spend the time doing anything like that. He'd scream at his staff to do it.

Word is that they are actively seeking some of Bobo's football players to come fill out the roster.