Guest #1Stunner

BYU Tom Holmoe - Future Home-and-Home with WYO and SDSU is on the table.

31 minutes ago, ole blu dude said:

You can not force them to do anything, they can survive with no MWC teams on their schedule, if they continue to want to add MWC schools to the schedule do something that also benefits the conference, many  people at BYU would prefer a membership in all sports but football in the MWC, and if we get 5 football games with them that can benefit all concerned.

I think the only advantage from BYU's perspective of doing a scheduling agreement vs continuing to schedule in the current fashion would be access to the NY6 bowl should they qualify.  But I don't see that being something the MWC probably wants to do.

1 minute ago, Jack Bauer said:

Nope.

I can't believe how often we rehash this idea. BYU is fine in independence and has no incentive to come back.

• Like 4

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

5 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

I can't believe how often we rehash this idea. BYU is fine in independence and has no incentive to come back.

I agree. Holmoe has done a great job. They have a better deal now.

However, they have no championship to play for, and would struggle to fill games if the MW simply refused to play them. It is a cost benefit analysis and BYU thinks it is worth it. If the MW did not play them it could tilt the scales. Who knows. But like anything, boycotts and strikes only work when people/companies/etc stick to them.

I do not agree with the "boycott" of North Carolina as a result of HB2. However, the silent minority won when the NBA, NCAA, etc decided to take their business elsewhere.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Monty93 said:

...and many of us who would be perfectly happy if BYU stayed away.

Agreed there. USU will continue to play the 96 year old rivalry regardless of conference affiliation. The instate rivalry is good for both fan bases.

For as much as MW fans claim to not care any about BYU, there sure is a lot of traffic and posts when they're mentioned. 

• Like 1

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

15 minutes ago, fanhood said:

However, they have no championship to play for, and would struggle to fill games if the MW simply refused to play them. It is a cost benefit analysis and BYU thinks it is worth it. If the MW did not play them it could tilt the scales. Who knows. But like anything, boycotts and strikes only work when people/companies/etc stick to them.

I do not agree with the "boycott" of North Carolina as a result of HB2. However, the silent minority won when the NBA, NCAA, etc decided to take their business elsewhere.

Look, winning this league doesn't get you all that much. You're competing against different leagues for the Access Bowl, and none of them hardly play anyone, so even if you win, you always have some Marshall or Western Michigan that ruins it for you.  This league does it right and tries to schedule up ooc, but that usually results in some losses.  SDSU shits the bed every year, so you know it'll never be them.  They might have made it with 1 bad loss instead of Western Michigan, but they aren't going to put you in with multiple ones.  Boise has the cachet to get in with bad losses (see two years ago), but the rest of you don't.  So, it's either Boise goes to the big game, or they don't.  Thusfar, the winner of this league doesn't get anything regarding a decent bowl game unless it's Boise. 

BYU isn't giving it up for a chance at a bowl game, where they're competing against Marshall (who schedules nobody) and Marshall actually gets put in the playoff rankings due to that.  The bowl situation is otherwise unchanged as an independent from anything we've ever had anyways 

• Like 1

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

19 minutes ago, fanhood said:

If the two MWC teams that play them in football on a year basis refused to schedule them BYU would just play two AAC schools instead. The MWC needs to be proactive on this, get something out of BYU. a possible membership all all sports but football is possible. Keep in mind they almost joined the WAC for all sports but football.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, fanhood said:

I want BYU in the MW. Thus, there is no reason to schedule them. My personally opinion is that all MW teams should have a scheduling ban with BYU. They would ultimately be unable to schedule, and would be forced back into the MW.

You don't want BYU in Mountain West, bro. They shouldn't need to be in the Mountain West. They had a good schedule this year, did pretty decent, but it still worked completely against them. Let them wallow against Wyoming in the Poinsettia Bowl. We all know they should be playing Alabama for the national title every year.

Pretty sure God just hates them.

Don't quote me on that! I'm already on God's bad side.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ole blu dude said:

If the two MWC teams that play them in football on a year basis refused to schedule them BYU would just play two AAC schools instead. The MWC needs to be proactive on this, get something out of BYU. a possible membership all all sports but football is possible. Keep in mind they almost joined the WAC for all sports but football.

Why? Is there some kind of Stockholm syndrome with USU and BYU? They have used you guys like a JV squad....they have not wanted you in the Skyline or WAC with them, they don't want to be your peer now and you guys still want to be associated with them. I don't get it.

• Like 2

Guest #1Stunner
1 minute ago, (wyo)Ming the Merciless said:

Why? Is there some kind of Stockholm syndrome with USU and BYU? They have used you guys like a JV squad....they have not wanted you in the Skyline or WAC with them don't want to be your peer now and you guys still want to be associated with them. I don't get it.

USU and BYU are family.

Just now, #1Stunner said:

USU and BYU are family.

Ughhhhhh. If that's true I'm really going to have to start hating Utah State. It's taken me a long time, but I should have known!!!! Utah is Utah I've never been to Logan. yet I've been to Provo too many times. If family is family . . . die Aggies!!!!! Die!!!! Dieeeee!!!!

Family is overrated. My brother spent 15 years in prison. I would hope we are a little different. Or, maybe I haven't got caught yet.

• Like 1

LOL....BYU desperation.  Please play with us!  Isn't it enough that BSU and USU play you?

We need more MW teams to schedule other conferences and P5 schools. BYU doesn't give the MW anything to determine the #1 G5 conference or gives a P5 stat for consideration of the Access Bowl.

• Like 1

Not while Rocky is our coach.  He's made his stance very clear on numerous occasions.

• Like 1

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

Guest #1Stunner

These are the MWC schools that BYU should be scheduling REGULARLY!

1---USU (all sports).  This is a family matter.

2---HAWAII (all sports).  Hawaii is a great competitor in football, basketball and volleyball.

3---UNLV  (basketball and football).  The basketball rivalry is a guaranteed sellout

4---WYO (football).  This is Destiny. I've called this for years.

5---UNM (basketball).   The Lobos fans are all class.

6---SDSU (football and basketball).  It's gonna happen.

7---BOISE (all sports).  Both schools love potatoes and the State of Idaho.

Wild Card:  San Jose State (BYUtv is very popular in China and Korea).