Guest #1Stunner

BYU Tom Holmoe - Future Home-and-Home with WYO and SDSU is on the table.

Half the reponses are "dont help byu fill their schedule or they will come back if nobody schedules them".

I hope its the indy thing, and not the fact that they have kicked the shit out of us through the years. 

I dont like BYU, therfore i want to beat them on the field. Cant do that unless you play them.

Obviously im in the minority.

"Make like a tree and scram" - Rosegreen

Your administration is the reason why our basketball league is bleeding out currently. If you didn't insist on San Jose being in the MWC, so you guys would have someone that votes similar to SDSU, every team in the MWC wouldn't have to play 2 games vs. a team with a 330 RPI ranking EVERY season.

You guys are as stupid as you are desperate.   - Cowboy Junky

2 minutes ago, Dirtball said:

Half the reponses are "dont help byu fill their schedule or they will come back if nobody schedules them".

I hope its the indy thing, and not the fact that they have kicked the shit out of us through the years. 

I dont like BYU, therfore i want to beat them on the field. Cant do that unless you play them.

The answer to the don't play them comments is in the second half of your own comment I bolded...we are trying to get them and their value back in the MW...instead leaching off its members. You seem to be seeking an answer when you already had the truth.

Guest #1Stunner
53 minutes ago, AztecSU said:

bingo...and he def lurks the Aztec boards...I confirmed fanhood's comments about Wicker in the interview on AF and not 5 minutes later Stun quotes back to fanhood's post and brings it up again. Manbaby appears to have quite the hardon for the Aztecs currently. 

HA!  

I occupy way too much space in your head.  The only reason I even heard about your AD's radio interview was in this thread, when @fanhood told me about it (re-read the thread, where he directed me to it, by name).

Now you are imagining that I am on the Aztec Board?  Which one?  Please post a link so I can read them.

You are a hoot.  I've never seen so much panic about SDSU scheduling another school before.  This RIVALRY WEEK game vs SDSU will be a "great get" for BYU.

Guest #1Stunner
30 minutes ago, Dirtball said:

Lets get the series going. Good job JD. Aztecs fans seem to hate that BYU went Indy. They did whats best for them, just like SDSU tried to do whats best for for SDSU by switching conferences. No hard feelings. Its business. BYU brings great attendance to SDSU and they are a solid opponent. Dont worry if it helps BYU.

You actually get it.

A football game is 4 hours.  A basketball game is 2 hours.

Just enjoy it for what it is.  A fun athletics contest between two schools.  

To read some of the comments on here (we can't help them!!!), you'd think this is some huge strategy or something.

Guest #1Stunner
4 hours ago, roswellcoug said:

Yep, BYU fans are positively orgasmic at the thought of playing SUDS. All of our dreams are coming true, lol

Orgasmic-Vin-Diesel-655x393.png

Aztec Panic.

SDSU playing the role of "November filler", and facilitating BYU is a nightmare for a few of them.  Strange.  Why not just enjoy a fun series?

9 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

HA!  

I occupy way too much space in your head.  The only reason I even heard about your AD's radio interview was in this thread, when @fanhood told me about it (re-read the thread, where he directed me to it, by name).

Now you are imagining that I am on the Aztec Board?  Which one?  Please post a link so I can read them.

You are a hoot.  I've never seen so much panic about SDSU scheduling another school before.  This RIVALRY WEEK game vs SDSU will be a "great get" for BYU.

He edited that comment after I let him know the correct minute mark of the video on a different board...and yet somehow you were aware of that...I mean it's obvious you lurk...not sure why you pretend you don't.

Guest #1Stunner
5 hours ago, Rev McQuervo said:

The "Greatest Cities in America (El Cajon)"

Classic. Let me guess, your from there? It would certainly explain your bizarre comments!

El Cajon represent.

Guest #1Stunner
1 minute ago, AztecSU said:

He edited that comment after I let him know the correct minute mark of the video on a different board...and yet somehow you were aware of that...I mean it's obvious you lurk...not sure why you pretend you don't.

I lurk in your head.

I'm appreciative to @fanhood for telling me about this radio interview on the SDSU side.

This series has been rumored by BYU fans for over a month already, and Tom Holmoe was all but dropping hints about it during the bowl week.

This will be a great Rivalry Week game.

19 minutes ago, Dirtball said:

In the minority yes, but you're not necessarily alone.

I see no reason to go out of our way to help BYU fill its schedule. Therefore, I think SDSU would be making a mistake to schedule them each year. However, this doesn't seem like anything except a two-off so if we play them only every four years or so, I would be OK with that. Further, I think maintaining some relationship with BYU would potentially strengthen the chances of SDSU being asked to join the new B12 in 8-10 years. That conference is likely to become the long-discussed BOR so unless the MWC fires Craig Thompson and turns things around significantly, I want SDSU to be a part of it.

• Like 1

Boom goes the dynamite.

Guest #1Stunner
3 minutes ago, k5james said:

If SDSU was smart they'd schedule a road/neutral site series to keep the games outside of this shitty TV deal.

That's a good idea, which I hadn't thought about.  Keep these games off of terrible CBS Sports Network.  SDSU gets absolutely screwed by the MWC TV deal.

I'd like a H-H-N, which would guarantee at least 2 ESPN games.  Maybe a Neutral game in Vegas.

Or, maybe play the home SDSU game in the Padres stadium, just to keep it on ESPN.

Guest #1Stunner
13 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

In the minority yes, but you're not necessarily alone.

I see no reason to go out of our way to help BYU fill its schedule. Therefore, I think SDSU would be making a mistake to schedule them each year. However, this doesn't seem like anything except a two-off so if we play them only every four years or so, I would be OK with that. Further, I think maintaining some relationship with BYU would potentially strengthen the chances of SDSU being asked to join the new B12 in 8-10 years. That conference is likely to become the long-discussed BOR so unless the MWC fires Craig Thompson and turns things around significantly, I want SDSU to be a part of it.

BYU has fostered a great football relationship with Boise, which hopefully might help with joining with the BIG12 leftovers if Texas or Oklahoma ever leave. I agree that a relationship might mutually benefit BYU and SDSU as well.  

But, I know that most SDSU fans hope to join the PAC12 someday, so who knows if they care about a "best of rest" idea...

2 hours ago, AztecSU said:

The answer to the don't play them comments is in the second half of your own comment I bolded...we are trying to get them and their value back in the MW...instead leaching off its members. You seem to be seeking an answer when you already had the truth.

They arent coming back. A two game series 4 years from now wont make a difference anyways.Who cares if they come back anyways? Them in the conference probably hurts SDSU more than help anyways. They would be a legit threat every year to win the conference.

This schedule agreement is a you scratch my back i will scratch yours type of deal.

BTW its okay if we disagree.

Your administration is the reason why our basketball league is bleeding out currently. If you didn't insist on San Jose being in the MWC, so you guys would have someone that votes similar to SDSU, every team in the MWC wouldn't have to play 2 games vs. a team with a 330 RPI ranking EVERY season.

2 hours ago, AztecSU said:

On 12/23/2016 at 9:59 AM, Dirtball said:

Lets get the series going. Good job JD. Aztecs fans seem to hate that BYU went Indy. They did whats best for them, just like SDSU tried to do whats best for for SDSU by switching conferences. No hard feelings. Its business. BYU brings great attendance to SDSU and they are a solid opponent. Dont worry if it helps BYU.

Lets get it on Cougs!