Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cherrycrush

Noodle = Locksley

10 minutes ago, cherrycrush said:

In the sense that the last three years have been a complete waste of time and slow death to the program. Just like Krebs did with Locksley in football. Both should have been fired after their 2nd seasons.  

Not really. 

Lobo basketball actually has history, talent, fan support and the ability to win without pulling teeth. It's just a bad coach. 

4 minutes ago, Newmexpoke said:

Not really. 

Lobo basketball actually has history, talent, fan support and the ability to win without pulling teeth. It's just a bad coach. 

When is the last time there was a sell out at the pit?  I said slow death to the program, attendance has gone down every year.

36 minutes ago, cherrycrush said:

When is the last time there was a sell out at the pit?  I said slow death to the program, attendance has gone down every year.

Let me know when it's 40% full like the football program plunged to. And you say what history besides titles? Well unm football hasnt won a title in anything except maybe the bottom 10. 

8 minutes ago, Newmexpoke said:

Let me know when it's 40% full like the football program plunged to. And you say what history besides titles? Well unm football hasnt won a title in anything except maybe the bottom 10. 

Back to back postseasons bowl births for football and 9 wins this year. The basketball team will not get even get 9 wins  in conference play with top level talent or even sniff the postseason. 

7 hours ago, cherrycrush said:

Back to back postseasons bowl births for football and 9 wins this year. The basketball team will not get even get 9 wins  in conference play with top level talent or even sniff the postseason. 

It's hard for me to say Neal tanked as low as locks. The programs are so different. Lobo football is one of the harder jobs in the country, several coaches could fail. Rocky couldnt win a MWC title at unm and now has 2 at sdsu. 

You can win at lobo basketball though. Lobo basketball has some talent they just have a bad coach. Locks and davie really don't have a ton of talent or support. 

On 12/20/2016 at 9:19 PM, cherrycrush said:

In the sense that the last three years have been a complete waste of time and slow death to the program. Just like Krebs did with Locksley in football. Both should have been fired after their 2nd seasons.  

I agree that Neal is showing that he is a poor HC but truthfully speaking, no one in any sport could match Locksley for ineptitude.  He is the King of all Kings in that respect.

**  “It’s a basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies. The only variable is about what.”

“There’s no ‘I’ in team. There’s a ‘me’ though, if you jumble it up.”

hoserjpg-2009.jpg.1a3e5724d48c16a835b94dde26c99132.jpg

On 12/20/2016 at 10:21 PM, Rebels18 said:

I told you guys Noodles would be sh*t the day you hired him. You guys didn't want to believe it.

I know career assistants who dont have what it takes to the be the leading man when I see them.

Can you do any other tricks? I think I've seen this one.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

Locksley won 3 games in three years, didn't graduate his players, punched a subordinate in the face, sexually harassed his secretary, and allowed an intoxicated recruit to drive a car registered in his name. He was by and large a piece of shit.

Neal is just a career assistant coach turned bad head coach who's over his head.

Not even close to being as bad.

18 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Did Paul Krebs hire both Locksley and Pickles? Er, Noodles? If so, talk about Gooberville.

Yep. He's had good hires (Davie and Alford) and terrible hires (Noodles and Locksley). Very little middle ground.

Noodles was a bad hire from day one. They sacrificed long term growth for short term continuity. It won them a conference championship, but this is what you're left with. Next year will likely be worse. It'll be a complete rebuild when he gets canned 

4 hours ago, fbpack said:

I hope what happened to Nevada does not happen to New Mexico. Carter took over for fox an literally drove us to rock bottom. It took us like 5 years to recover in basketball

Carter was fired last March. We're currently receiving top 25 votes and have already won a postseason tourament that Fox couldn't even get out of the first round his last two years. I pray New Mexico has that quick of a turn around.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

On ‎12‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 11:21 PM, Rebels18 said:

I told you guys Noodles would be sh*t the day you hired him. You guys didn't want to believe it.

I know career assistants who dont have what it takes to the be the leading man when I see them.

You were right...I was wrong.

4 hours ago, PTR said:

Yep. He's had good hires (Davie and Alford) and terrible hires (Noodles and Locksley). Very little middle ground.

and he let himself be blackmailed by kirk and bairstow. that never should have happened.