Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

OT: Rogue One

Just now, UofMTigers said:

exactly! I'm excited to see Star Trek return to the small screen in 2017 with Michelle Yeoh as Cpt, and 'Sasha' from Walking Dead as the first officer (told from the first officers POV)...they even brought in Nick Meyer to write it.

I also hear a young Han Solo movie starts shooting in 2017..I wonder if we will see the Han Solo movie before the sequel to TFA?

The Han Solo movie won't come out until 2018.  The timeline as I understand it is odd years get a saga film and even years an anthology film.  But...it's Disney so who knows.

I'm excited about the new Star Trek as well.  But I wish they were picking it up in the prime timeline after Voyager returned to the Alpha Quadrant.  This is set between Enterprise & TOS.

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Any one of you nerds excited about a new John Wick movie? John Wick kicked ass. Really worried about a crappy sequel. Just wondering if nerds liked that shit.

Just now, MWC Tex said:

Are they really making a Han Solo movie? Sigh...I mean, Solo is fun and but there is no interest for me to see a whole back story about him.

I agree with this.  I would rather they do a Yoda or Obi-Wan movie.

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

32 minutes ago, BodyBagGame said:

Jesus. How can you guys be sports nerds and sci-fi nerds? I thought you had to chose one or the other!

chef_bot___does_not_compute__by_giframa-d555wi8.gif

I'll try to keep up.

Because we are sports nerds that talk sports on computers, as compared to the local watering hole.

Just now, BodyBagGame said:

Any one of you nerds excited about a new John Wick movie? John Wick kicked ass. Really worried about a crappy sequel. Just wondering if nerds liked that shit.

Just because I'm a nerd doesn't mean I don't like other movies.  John Wick was a really good movie and I'm excited about the sequel.

7 minutes ago, mugtang said:

The Han Solo movie won't come out until 2018.  The timeline as I understand it is odd years get a saga film and even years an anthology film.  But...it's Disney so who knows.

I'm excited about the new Star Trek as well.  But I wish they were picking it up in the prime timeline after Voyager returned to the Alpha Quadrant.  This is set between Enterprise & TOS.

I will start off with saying I'm a big fan of Bryan Fuller and Nick Meyer...so I was excited about that project from the start. I agree with Fuller that going past Voyager is tough because you can only make the ships go so fast, and you can only make the weapons blow things up so well, before it all starts getting silly...so exploring Treks past is kinda cool to me.

Even though Fuller has left the show, he laid out the direction of season 1, and wrote the first episode...so there will be a lot of Bryan Fuller in there...Nick Meyer (Wrath of Khan/Undiscovered Country) is the perfect guy to write about Klingons, so exploring the klingon cold war before TOS could be a lot of fun.

The casting seems really well done so far...

mem skyline sig.jpeg

Just now, UofMTigers said:

I will start off with saying I'm a big fan of Bryan Fuller and Nick Meyer...so I was excited about that project from the start. I agree with Fuller that going past Voyager is tough because you can only make the ships go so fast, and you can only make the weapons blow things up so well, before it all starts getting silly...so exploring Treks past is kinda cool to me.

Even though Fuller has left the show, he laid out the direction of season 1, and wrote the first episode...so there will be a lot of Bryan Fuller in there...Nick Meyer (Wrath of Khan/Undiscovered Country) is the perfect guy to write about Klingons, so exploring the klingon cold war before TOS could be a lot of fun.

The casting seems really well done so far...

That's true about the ships going so fast and what not.  Still a lot of unexplored space though.  But I understand what you're saying.  If they're going to explore the Klingon Cold War then I'm all for it.  I wonder how they'll explain the genetic deformity that made Klingons look human.  Worf mentioned it in the DS9 episode Trials and Tribulations.  Said it was an embarrassing topic for Klingons.

36 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Just because I'm a nerd doesn't mean I don't like other movies.  John Wick was a really good movie and I'm excited about the sequel.

Cool. I think John Wick is just a way more angry Han Solo stuck here on earth!

Hope the sequel doesn't suck.

1 hour ago, BodyBagGame said:

I'm a little bit of a nerd but I loved John Wick. Very fired up about the sequel. 

1 hour ago, BodyBagGame said:

Although I haven't seen it, I do like Jack Reacher, a few of the Bourne movies and the Bond movies. 

I do like some of the good vs evil type movies (Constantine, Exorcist, Mortal Instruments...etc.  but no the gore type stuff)

11 hours ago, RebelRobert said:

Worst piece of shit movie ever.

Save your money and your time.

I can't fathom that someone says they liked it.

Disney should be on their knees begging Lucas to come back.

I went to sleep the movie was so bad.  

Fire Disney.  When I was a kid lines would take hours to see a Star Wars movie, now the theater is empty.

Whenever you comment on movies, I pretty much do and think the opposite.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

4 minutes ago, RebelRobert said:

You have terrible taste in movies.

I have a feeling Bauer might be an idiot. But all he did was make a logical reply to somebody who said the new Star Wars movie was the, "Worst piece of shit movie ever."

I haven't seen it yet, but I think that might be a slight exaggeration.

19 hours ago, k5james said:

This may have replaced Empire as the best Star Wars movie.

Alright...calm down. Give it a little time.  It was a really fun movie and you're all excited. It is right up there with the best SW movies but watch R1 a few times and get some increased perspective. 

14 hours ago, mugtang said:

I was thinking the same thing.  

We all think each new  SW movie is better than it is when we've only seen it once and we were all excited. I loved R1 as well but we've all been through this before.  Give it some time and additional viewings before we re-rank.