Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

OT: Rogue One

Just saw it.  Way better than The Force Awakens. Spoiler alert they steal the plans to the Death Star. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

5 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Jar Jar status?

Not in it.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

49 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Jar Jar status?

My son and I were discussing the series on the way to school this morning. We came to the conclusion that the whole thing isn't about Luke or Vader or the Sith or Jedi. It is the story of R2 the droid and his/her/its adventures.

26 minutes ago, (wyo)Ming the Merciless said:

My son and I were discussing the series on the way to school this morning. We came to the conclusion that the whole thing isn't about Luke or Vader or the Sith or Jedi. It is the story of R2 the droid and his/her/its adventures.

The Star Wars Saga is told through the eyes of the droids. 

Worst piece of shit movie ever.

Save your money and your time.

I can't fathom that someone says they liked it.

Disney should be on their knees begging Lucas to come back.

I went to sleep the movie was so bad.  

Fire Disney.  When I was a kid lines would take hours to see a Star Wars movie, now the theater is empty.

1 hour ago, RebelRobert said:

Worst peice of shit movie ever.

Save your money and your time.

I can't fathom that someone says they liked it.

Disney should be on their knees begging Lucas to come back.

I went to sleep the movie was so bad.  

Fire Disney.  When I was a kid lines would take hours to see a Star Wars movie, now the theater is empty.

It's a good thing that nobody takes your opinion on anything seriously. 

I loved the rogue squadron book series when I was a kid, did they pull any thing from those?

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

The consensus is this is excellent. I thought it was good, but not great. My favorite scene is near the end. That was the payoff for me. I love Star Wars, but I have to admit it seems they lack a little bit of creativity. 

-Evil org creates massive weapon

-countering org tries in vain to stop evil org from using weapon

-Subterfuge/spying employed to figure out how to destroy weapon

-Clandestine operation conducted and weapons weakness is exploited

I liked TFA more, but I like lightsabers and shit. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

1 hour ago, Joe from WY said:

I'm sure if you sleep with R2-D2 sheets it was a great film. 

1 hour ago, retrofade said:

Well I think it's a given that mug does that.

How'd you know?

4 hours ago, k5james said:

This may have replaced Empire as the best Star Wars movie.

I was thinking the same thing.  

34 minutes ago, happycamper said:

I loved the rogue squadron book series when I was a kid, did they pull any thing from those?

Those were all after Return of the Jedi, this is set before A New Hope so I doubt it. I haven't seen it yet so I can't say for sure though.

Also when Disney bought Lucasfilm all of those novels were declared non-canon so they aren't part of the official storyline anymore.

29 minutes ago, AZdogFan said:

Those were all after Return of the Jedi, this is set before A New Hope so I doubt it. I haven't seen it yet so I can't say for sure though.

Also when Disney bought Lucasfilm all of those novels were declared non-canon so they aren't part of the official storyline anymore.

I know the EU was declared non-canon but there was a TON of character development, backstory, etc. they could cherry pick without pulling the whole thing. Kind of like how Marvel movies can cherry pick the best of comic book stories without having to totally follow them, but even less constrained. I'd like it if Corran Horn survived the transition from EU to Disney. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard.