Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

PETA is insane.

8 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I am sure most everybody here will agree.  Reports that some PETA activists went into a Nebraska restaurant, bought all the lobsters and released them into the Missouri river.  Gawd.  Biology fail.

Did they really? :lol: 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

24 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I am sure most everybody here will agree.  Reports that some PETA activists went into a Nebraska restaurant, bought all the lobsters and released them into the Missouri river.  Gawd.  Biology fail.

Is it true?

If so, MORONS!

They're crazy.  The whole don't wear wool campaign with a shearer covered in blood.  Umm if your shearer is killing your sheep, your ROI is going to stink and you badly need to hire a new guy.

1 minute ago, Jimbo_Poke said:

They're crazy.  The whole don't wear wool campaign with a shearer covered in blood.  Umm if your shearer is killing your sheep, your ROI is going to stink and you badly need to hire a new guy.

It's not like they kill sheep after taking shearing the sheep.  PETA is retarded.

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

May not be PETA but the stupidity is the same 

8 minutes ago, renoskier said:

Yeah, I can't find anything about it.

Buying lobsters and releasing them is a very common PETA practice.  Lobsters are one of their big things.  Granted most the time they are released properly but still every now and then people do stupid things.

Not that I don't believe PETA would do something ridiculous, but....

I can't find a single thing about this anywhere.  Where are you "hearing" this?

The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears; it was their final, most essential command.

4 minutes ago, Jwherb said:

Not that I don't believe PETA would do something ridiculous, but....

I can't find a single thing about this anywhere.  Where are you "hearing" this?

From my buddy who was born and raised in Nebraska, currently works as a reporter in Portland.  Says he heard it first hand from the restaurant owner.  Showed it to me on his twitter feed posted by restaurant employee as well.  Went somewhat viral last year.

So, in other words, there's either nothing out there or there's a handful of dumb PETA kids who do dumb things and that's a story?

Would you prefer us to post actual things PETA does that could be considered insane? 

The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears; it was their final, most essential command.

1 minute ago, Jwherb said:

So, in other words, there's either nothing out there or there's a handful of dumb PETA kids who do dumb things and that's a story?

Would you prefer us to post actual things PETA does that could be considered insane? 

That would be a good direction to take this thread.  Sure.

Yes I believe there is a handful of dumb PETA kids who did this.  Not claiming it is a story.  Thought the board could use some lulz.  Don't get salty.