Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wyochris

OT: question about sea world for san diego st.

On 12/6/2016 at 8:21 AM, wyochris said:

okay sorry this is not a sports message this is a quick question about sea world for san diego st. fans

so i am thinking about going to sea world which is not cheap for the bowl but I heard that the tree huggers have caused the whale show to be scaled back. but it might still be fun to see the animals up close

my question is do you think the whale show is still worth it and how good is the rest of sea world?  and what is your advice on buying tickets

thank you

As much as we try to talk house guests out of it, Sea World remains a premier destination for people visiting SD for the first time.

Yes, they've scaled the show back, ever since a trainer (in O-town?) was killed by a whale while they were playing together in the big pool (an unnecessary reactionary move IMO, given when you play with the largest predator on the planet, shit's going to happen sooner or later).

However, we took house guests back in July, and IMO the show is still worth it.

My advice? Check out the shows respective schedules ahead of time, and know your itinerary - a full day should net you 3-4 shows in addition to checking out everything else the park has to offer. Just be sure to show up at the most popular venues (e.g., the Shamu show) a good 15 or so minutes ahead of time to get good seats.

Have fun, enjoy your stay, and kick some zoob ass.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 11:57 AM, BSUTOP25 said:

Come on Stout, cut the poor man some slack. He's from a state where their government officials still refer to Asians as "Orientals" and psychiatric hospitals as "loony bins." 

:ph34r:

Ahh, political correctness at it's finest.

On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 11:31 AM, Bob said:

What about pangolins? Can we lock them up? They are considered one of the stupidest animals on earth?

Right next to liberals (politically correct term: progressive.) Or perhaps The Donald or Hillbillory. Of course they have their own show in DC and we taxpayers give them the bucks to conduct it.

On 12/6/2016 at 10:24 PM, nmlongbow said:

There is really no proof either way. Orcas have been studied far more plus you're in SD so you'll have a bias towards the orca.

And you're in New Mex and have a bias towards a tourist destination. Shut up already.