Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LoFasZz

CSU w 6 commits this weekend

2 minutes ago, Fort Fun said:

I got two right so far, but I don't know if I'll get the third mystery commit correct.

I like who we're bringing in.  Right now 247 Sports has us ranked with the #1 class in the MWC.  That won't last of course as Boise only has 13 reported commits.  As they fill out their class they'll blow right by, but it's nice to be on top for a little bit.

Being reported that we got a verbal from Christian Cumber, 3 star CB out of Mullen.  Had offers from Wiscy, Michigan State, and CU.

Man I hope it's true and he sticks till signing day.  Just what the doctor ordered in the secondary.

2 hours ago, Headbutt said:

Being reported that we got a verbal from Christian Cumber, 3 star CB out of Mullen.  Had offers from Wiscy, Michigan State, and CU.

Man I hope it's true and he sticks till signing day.  Just what the doctor ordered in the secondary.

That would be awesome. It would also explain Jeff Hubbard (CB out of Georgia) "decommitting"

Just now, Swoll Cracker said:

That would be awesome. It would also explain Jeff Hubbard (CB out of Georgia) "decommitting"

Actually he's reported as CB or S depending on where you look.  6'0', 190 with 4.5 speed says he could end up at either.  I'll go with DB.  A good get anyway you look at it.

31 minutes ago, FoCoRam said:

Probably not many, but we've got a coach that likes to recruit guys that have stars behind their names --- crazy.

I like that he's getting in-state talent to at least commit verbally with Cumber and McElroy coming out of Mullen to boot. Now, Cumber is a Mich St. flip so I could see that as a leverage thing for recruiting. McElroy was projected to CU. That's a nice little get, too. 

I keep having to tell myself: See Marty English is good for something.

59 minutes ago, AKram said:

I like that he's getting in-state talent to at least commit verbally with Cumber and McElroy coming out of Mullen to boot. Now, Cumber is a Mich St. flip so I could see that as a leverage thing for recruiting. McElroy was projected to CU. That's a nice little get, too. 

I keep having to tell myself: See Marty English is good for something.

My wife is a retired teacher. She still subs a bunch. She was supposed to sub for Marty's wife (who teaches at the elementary level in Fort Collins) this week but got cancelled. Marty's wife needed to work this week so that she can take some time off for the bowl game.

20 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

My wife is a retired teacher. She still subs a bunch. She was supposed to sub for Marty's wife (who teaches at the elementary level in Fort Collins) this week but got cancelled. Marty's wife needed to work this week so that she can take some time off for the bowl game.

Has to work this week to afford the airfare.

3 hours ago, FoCoRam said:

Probably not many, but we've got a coach that likes to recruit guys that have stars behind their names --- crazy.

Meh.
Players with wins>Players with high school stars. You can bookmark this so we can revisit in 5 years and see who was right. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

3 hours ago, Swoll Cracker said:

I'm out of teaching also, but not subbing. A week sub job is nice because after it is all said and done, you still don't have to take the grading home with you.

Strange that she'd have to cancel the time off; wouldn't Poudre be on Christmas/Winter Break the week of the bowl anyway? I thought I read somewhere that the team wasn't planning on traveling to Boise until the 19th which would be the first Monday of the break.

Oh well. I hope your wife gets another little job lined up. If subbing is anything in Poudre like it is in the Denver metro, she's probably got plenty of opportunities.

2 hours ago, Fort Fun said:

Has to work this week to afford the airfare.

United current fares: Leaving Monday 19th coming back either Xmas eve or Xmas is $360 roundtrip. Any other day combo that week and prices jump to over $450

Southwest current: 12/19 - 12/24 nonstop $457. If you are willing to fly to Oakland first on way out and nonstop way home: $396

She's gonna have to teach at least a week to get that!

3 hours ago, happycamper said:

Meh.
Players with wins>Players with high school stars. You can bookmark this so we can revisit in 5 years and see who was right. 

There are many factors that go into recruiting and it's not as though winning and stars are mutually exclusive.  Fwiw, Coach Bohl offered both the Mullen kids that chose CSU this week.