Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WyomingCoog

Dino Costa talks yours truly and the MWC Board.....

I started a thread the other day to discuss his new 2 hour show Pokes Radio and apparently he was tipped off to it. Maybe someone on his staff lurks the board...don't really know, but I gathered enough to know he doesn't frequent the board. Anyways, I thought it might be interesting to share....he references myself, @tspoke, @Dr. Dre, @Cuttslam and @pokebball

I did find it amusing that he painted a picture of me as someone that's scared to ruffle some feathers....clearly he has never been to the OT Board. haha

Start listening at 16:00 to get the full discussion on the thread....listen before that if you want some background and/or are unfamiliar with Dino. Either way....it's definitely worth a listen.

http://pokesradio.com/_audio/Nov30/Nov30-2.mp3

CSU AD Jack Graham - “If you get outside our borders, no one knows who we are. I was in Phoenix (last week) for the Mountain West meetings and there was a reception with all of the athletic directors. The bartender said to me, ‘Colorado State, where are you guys, Boulder?’ I’ve gotten that all my career. No one knows us outside our own boundaries."

Haha...That's funny. Think I'll pass listening. Don't want to give his site traffic. What a thin skinned loser.

Like I said in the other thread I dn't begrudge anyone trying to make a living so I am not going discuss Dino anymore.

First time I've ever listened to him...

so - He'll just read the message board to me?  maybe that can be his new show - read us MWCBoard threads, then I can feel like I visit the board while driving; cause I'm here often enough.

God is a Cowboy

WYO.jpg

2 minutes ago, nirv117 said:

First time I've ever listened to him...

so - He'll just read the message board to me?  maybe that can be his new show - read us MWCBoard threads, then I can feel like I visit the board while driving; cause I'm here often enough.

Could be....or maybe @mugtang could start a new podcast and do the same. There's your billion dollar idea tang....you're welcome!

CSU AD Jack Graham - “If you get outside our borders, no one knows who we are. I was in Phoenix (last week) for the Mountain West meetings and there was a reception with all of the athletic directors. The bartender said to me, ‘Colorado State, where are you guys, Boulder?’ I’ve gotten that all my career. No one knows us outside our own boundaries."

39 minutes ago, WyomingCoog said:

I started a thread the other day to discuss his new 2 hour show Pokes Radio and apparently he was tipped off to it. Maybe someone on his staff lurks the board...don't really know, but I gathered enough to know he doesn't frequent the board. Anyways, I thought it might be interesting to share....he references myself, @tspoke, @Dr. Dre, @Cuttslam and @pokebball

I did find it amusing that he painted a picture of me as someone that's scared to ruffle some feathers....clearly he has never been to the OT Board. haha

Start listening at 16:00 to get the full discussion on the thread....listen before that if you want some background and/or are unfamiliar with Dino. Either way....it's definitely worth a listen.

http://pokesradio.com/_audio/Nov30/Nov30-2.mp3

I expect my cut/commission

The World Needs More Cowboys!

Just now, pokebball said:

I expect my cut/commission

Well he said he only had 5 listeners.....so I wouldn't expect much, but I'm sure you've got a check in the mail.

Thanks for the free publicity Dino!

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

i am going to try this show out.  i had not priorly heard of it before and i liked his humor in the audio clip.  funny guy

I google searched this guy. where can I buy that awesome cowboy's hat, sweet looking hat.

http://m.wyomingnews.com/things_to_do/live-from-cheyenne-dino-costa-delivers-his-opinionated-rants-about/article_f54aae48-b751-5787-ba25-575f4a72f4de.html

2 minutes ago, trl87 said:

If you watch the end of the NIU game, Dino is the fan that runs in after Allen scored the game-winning TD.

Yeah. Someone else pointed that out and he talks about it during this segment. Think it was @tspoke . I'll admit that's typically not acceptable for media members. Hell, media isn't even really allowed to cheer or make noise in the press box. One of those unwritten rules. 

He did call us the mountain west connection board :angry::angry::angry:

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Is this guy on twitter?

Just now, misplacedcowboy said:

@ pokesradioshow and he also used to operate @ +++++wyoming although he'll try and deny the 2nd one

I'm going to follow him and yell at him for calling us the mountain west connection board.

I can't believe he's reading the board to his listeners.  That's glorious.

He has a private twitter account. Who does that? :rolleyes: 

IMG_8288.PNG

1 minute ago, mugtang said:

He has a private twitter account. Who does that? :rolleyes: 

IMG_8288.PNG

That's not him...he's @pokesradioshow. It's not private. My guess is he'll enjoy the banter.