Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WyomingCoog

Pokesradio.com anyone?

Any Pokes fan listen to the show? I'm familiar with Dino and didn't realize he was back in Wyoming and had an exclusively Wyoming FB/BB 2 hour show. There's no denying the dude has talent, but is off his rocker more often than not. Just started listening and actually find it enjoyable. 

CSU AD Jack Graham - “If you get outside our borders, no one knows who we are. I was in Phoenix (last week) for the Mountain West meetings and there was a reception with all of the athletic directors. The bartender said to me, ‘Colorado State, where are you guys, Boulder?’ I’ve gotten that all my career. No one knows us outside our own boundaries."

1 minute ago, pokebball said:

Never have.  I read a number of his articles about Wyo sports.  He's got the passion, no doubt.

It's hard to doubt the talent or passion. Surprising still that we have a formerly nationally syndicated sports radio talk show host that is now based in Laramie doing Wyoming athletics talk for 2 hours a day, every day. Saw he did a live remote from Mulligan's last night. Hope his show pans out. 

CSU AD Jack Graham - “If you get outside our borders, no one knows who we are. I was in Phoenix (last week) for the Mountain West meetings and there was a reception with all of the athletic directors. The bartender said to me, ‘Colorado State, where are you guys, Boulder?’ I’ve gotten that all my career. No one knows us outside our own boundaries."

Just now, Dr. Dre said:

not a chance

History tells us that's probably the case based on his track record....also, not sure what the hell he can talk about after from about April-July

I can't support the show or the website. Dino isn't the type of person I want associated with UW. HIs actions on wyonation that led to him getting banned and all talk of him banned would be enough for me but if you google Dino Costa there are other things that bother me about him.

This is a guy that just a few years ago had a show on Mad Dog radio on Sirius and now he is doing a internet radio show for Wyoming because he couldn't stop getting in fights with people.

He is also the idiot that jumped on the dog pile after we beat NIU in triple OT the first game of the year.

1 minute ago, tspoke said:

I can't support the show or the website. Dino isn't the type of person I want associated with UW. HIs actions on wyonation that led to him getting banned and all talk of him banned would be enough for me

Don't know anything about this WyoNation stuff since I'm not and have never been a member on there.....sounds bad though.

Not sure if some of the stuff is still there but the last stuff got deleted and I missed what happened. I saw the begginings of a thread then the next morning everything including Dino were gone. But it had been simmering for years. He would show up pimping his show(even when he was on Sirius) and acting like we should be so lucky to have him on our side and we should appreciate it. SOme people would push back against him and bring up things he had said in the past or posted on the internet and he would get mad and attack people. Then he would disappear for months then show back up again. Rinse repeat. Then they asked him to stop linking to his own site and trying to direct conversation over there. This last fall he had someone(or himself in a sock puppet) claim to be his gardener up in Sheridan and began posting about what a great guy he is and a great show he had and we should all check out the website. People called him out on it and "Dino" showed back up to defend himself and over the weeks it got worse finally coming to a head a month or two ago. Don't know what happened that last thread but would also love to know if anyone else was around to read it. Don't blame them for banning him. He is a drama queen.

I never got involved with those discussions over there but the question was raused here so I gave my opinion. Don't blame others if they want to listen to him.

(looks around waiting for Dino to show up on MWCboard and attack me)

1 minute ago, tspoke said:

Not sure if some of the stuff is still there but the last stuff got deleted and I missed what happened. I saw the begginings of a thread then the next morning everything including Dino were gone. But it had been simmering for years. He would show up pimping his show(even when he was on Sirius) and acting like we should be so lucky to have him on our side and we should appreciate it. SOme people would push back against him and bring up things he had said in the past or posted on the internet and he would get mad and attack people. Then he would disappear for months then show back up again. Rinse repeat. Then they asked him to stop linking to his own site and trying to direct conversation over there. This last fall he had someone(or himself in a sock puppet) claim to be his gardener up in Sheridan and began posting about what a great guy he is and a great show he had and we should all check out the website. People called him out on it and "Dino" showed back up to defend himself and over the weeks it got worse finally coming to a head a month or two ago. Don't know what happened that last thread but would also love to know if anyone else was around to read it. Don't blame them for banning him. He is a drama queen.

I never got involved with those discussions over there but the question was raused here so I gave my opinion. Don't blame others if they want to listen to him.

Intersting....I mean the guy is clearly a drama queen, no doubt about that...albeit a talented one. I'm not currently in Laramie, but wonder how the show is being received there. Also surprised he's never turned up on this board....at least that I know of. :ph34r:

Dino is an embarrassment to Wyoming athletics.    It is my opinion that he should be banned from any media credentials at Wyoming events (for running onto the field and jumping on the pile as a 'media member', various ridiculous interviews and questions, etc...).  He openly hates gay people (check previous articles on the internet) and he has been called into question by various people for various racist viewpoints.  We got lucky about a year ago and he went away to St. Louis.  Unfortunately, he got fired in 2 weeks from the radio show there and 'came back'.

Oh yea, he also predicted that the world would end for the rapture and that because of this the football season would not end last year.  He wasn't joking either.

Big embarrassment to Wyoming athletics.

Just now, OrediggerPoke said:

Oh yea, he also predicted that the world would end for the rapture and that because of this the football season would not end last year.  He wasn't joking either.

Forgot about that one.

Be my last post on the topic because I don't bregrudge anyone trying to make a living but I wanted to post some of the info I found.

http://awfulannouncing.com/2016/dino-costas-tenure-in-st-louis-is-over-after-a-short-six-weeks.html

This one is a story about a twitter troll that was harassing him online(and sounds like a d-bag too) but has some links to other stories about him.

http://www.cantstopthebleeding.com/dino-costa-castigator-bonkers-radio-host-threatened-my-life

Now Some or all of these things may not be true I don't know but I keep coming back to the phrase "If everyone you meet is an asshole,......."

His show is fantastic.  Wyonation is full of drama queens. Don't  judge the show unless you've listen to the show. Most of his interviews have been awesome, Dave Walsh, Reggie Slater etc.

2182908312_fa2b6905af.jpg-2135818783_photo3.jpg!

I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!doc4b15fc59ca0f9099033687.jpg

5809184128_5cf90ed7dc_b.jpg

2 minutes ago, tspoke said:

Forgot about that one.

Be my last post on the topic because I don't bregrudge anyone trying to make a living but I wanted to post some of the info I found.

http://awfulannouncing.com/2016/dino-costas-tenure-in-st-louis-is-over-after-a-short-six-weeks.html

This one is a story about a twitter troll that was harassing him online(and sounds like a d-bag too) but has some links to other stories about him.

http://www.cantstopthebleeding.com/dino-costa-castigator-bonkers-radio-host-threatened-my-life

Now Some or all of these things may not be true I don't know but I keep coming back to the phrase "If everyone you meet is an asshole,......."

Oh yea, outside of being homophobic and potentially racist, there is also this gem:

"During his time in St. Louis, Costa not only attacked hs co-workers, he also said women don’t have a place in sports radio and “even women don’t want to hear women doing sports radio.” It gave him and KFNS some buzz as he began his time in St. Louis, but according to the Post-Dispatch, as his time went on, his act wore thin on management."

BTW...there are some terrific women in sports radio!!  Amy Lawrence is one of my favorites.

5 minutes ago, OrediggerPoke said:

BTW...there are some terrific women in sports radio!!  Amy Lawrence is one of my favorites.

That may be true, but I've still yet to hear one. Also haven't heard a good woman play by play football announcer even though they keep rolling them out. 

7 minutes ago, WyomingCoog said:

That may be true, but I've still yet to hear one. Also haven't heard a good woman play by play football announcer even though they keep rolling them out. 

I'm with you on that one.

2182908312_fa2b6905af.jpg-2135818783_photo3.jpg!

I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!doc4b15fc59ca0f9099033687.jpg

5809184128_5cf90ed7dc_b.jpg

21 hours ago, WyomingCoog said:

Any Pokes fan listen to the show? I'm familiar with Dino and didn't realize he was back in Wyoming and had an exclusively Wyoming FB/BB 2 hour show. There's no denying the dude has talent, but is off his rocker more often than not. Just started listening and actually find it enjoyable. 

I really like Dino's passion about Pokes sports. Haven't liked a lot of what I've read from him on other Wyoming boards and could not stand listening to his previous radio shows. Or Mad Dog or any of those other east coast idiots on sports radio who just try to get you fired up over nothing.

I tried listening to the first couple of shows on pokesradio and could swear it was just Rush Limbaugh pretending to be a Wyoming fan. He is a complete blowhard. Tried listening again here recently for the hell of it and couldn't. Maybe you have to pay now? Not sure.

Like what he is doing, just wish someone else was doing it.

On 11/30/2016 at 1:58 PM, tspoke said:

Prophetic

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 minute ago, mugtang said:

Prophetic

Wow. Good find.....subtle post of the year candidate. Ha