Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Cowboy Junky

Wyoming/SDSU Part Deux....MWC championship game thread.

3 hours ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Gee, what a surprise.

Well when you have the opposing team traveling 6 people to the game, you can't really charge a whole lot. 

CSU AD Jack Graham - “If you get outside our borders, no one knows who we are. I was in Phoenix (last week) for the Mountain West meetings and there was a reception with all of the athletic directors. The bartender said to me, ‘Colorado State, where are you guys, Boulder?’ I’ve gotten that all my career. No one knows us outside our own boundaries."

9 hours ago, WyomingCoog said:

Tom Burman tweeted yesterday that 14k tickets had been sold......anyone know what the expectation can be for students? If you combine the 14k with students where does that put us with a few days remaining? 

Bwahahahaha!  Wait...CJ among others has been assuring us that this game is nearly sold out.  Say it aint so.

2 hours ago, WyomingCoog said:

Well when you have the opposing team traveling 6 people to the game, you can't really charge a whole lot. 

I don't think there will be six. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

4 minutes ago, AztecSU said:

Maybe a December game in Laramie will be the reason we go to rotating sites. Denver for the Mtn, Las Vegas for the West. 

That's an interesting concept.  They should just rotate back and forth between Denver and Las Vegas.  I'd go to Denver for the MWC title game.

Pac 12 is playing its Championship in neutral Santa Clara. Indifferent, just glad we get another shot at Wyo (and actually very happy Wyo is playing as well as they have!).

7 hours ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

I don't think there will be six. 

Yeah. It sounded a little high to me too as I was typing it. 

CSU AD Jack Graham - “If you get outside our borders, no one knows who we are. I was in Phoenix (last week) for the Mountain West meetings and there was a reception with all of the athletic directors. The bartender said to me, ‘Colorado State, where are you guys, Boulder?’ I’ve gotten that all my career. No one knows us outside our own boundaries."

33 minutes ago, badfish said:

FIFY

Nah, Wyoming is beautiful country. I've been backpacking several times in Yellowstone. But I would never go there this time of year to watch a football game. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

9 hours ago, k5james said:

Bwahahahaha!  Wait...CJ among others has been assuring us that this game is nearly sold out.  Say it aint so.

They released the season tickets that weren't picked up Wednesday morning and more than I expected weren't purchased so the game wasn't as close to a sell out as it looked earlier in the week. Was a bit premature for them to be bragging about a sellout however.

8 hours ago, AztecSU said:

Maybe a December game in Laramie will be the reason we go to rotating sites. Denver for the Mtn, Las Vegas for the West. 

8 hours ago, k5james said:

That's an interesting concept.  They should just rotate back and forth between Denver and Las Vegas.  I'd go to Denver for the MWC title game.

Easily up there in the top 5 worst ideas I've ever seen posted on this board.....and that's saying a lot. 

A New Mexico vs Hawaii Championship in Denver would likely draw about 3k

9 hours ago, k5james said:

If you factor in the 10k allocated to students (clearly all won't show, I'd say closer to 6k) you're at 24k "sold". It's not terrible by any means and some support from the visiting team would have certainly helped....but yeah, don't see a sell out happening. If the forecast were to change to Sunny and 30+ highs it could be a possibility though. 

19 minutes ago, tspoke said:

They released the season tickets that weren't picked up Wednesday morning and more than I expected weren't purchased so the game wasn't as close to a sell out as it looked earlier in the week. Was a bit premature for them to be bragging about a sellout however.

Too many assuming all of the season ticket holders would purchase their tickets.  I know many season ticket holders that were flying south the day after the SDSU game two weeks ago.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

34 minutes ago, WyomingCoog said:

If you factor in the 10k allocated to students (clearly all won't show, I'd say closer to 6k) you're at 24k "sold". It's not terrible by any means and some support from the visiting team would have certainly helped....but yeah, don't see a sell out happening. If the forecast were to change to Sunny and 30+ highs it could be a possibility though. 

Isn't it finals week?  Are we sure that many will show?