Warbow

Rank um

17 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

The body of work is a season long thing.  Boise and Wyoming have very similar wins at home against the 24th and 25th ranked teams, Boise does not have a bad loss like Wyoming does and have played a tougher schedule.

Yes Boise's body of work this year is better than Wyoming's.  If somebody want's to rank teams on body of work it is not a slight against Wyoming. 

Yep. I don't think any reasonable person expected to see Wyoming ranked 24th in the nation today and Boise only receiving 5 votes in both polls. 

1 hour ago, Mike Morgan said:

SJSU ranked directly behind two teams they beat? Spartans are pretty bad, but c'mon.

I base my rankings on the entire body of work over head to head (as it should be)...Also, I take a look at statistics and their respective league rankings...(points for, points against, total offense and total defense) 

UNLV ranks higher in all 4 of those over SJSU

Comparing  Nevada to SJSU, it's pretty close in 3 of those stats, but what separated them is Nevada ranks 5th in MW in scoring defense vs 11th for SJSU

San_Diego_State_Logotype.png 

"Finally we decided it's crazy that we can win games by throwing the ball without the best personnel. So we threw the hell out  of the ball and won some games. When we started doing that, we were like 55–5–1."

Don Coryell, head coach 1961-1972

104 wins, 19 losses, 2 ties including 3 undefeated seasons: 1966, 1968, 1969     College Football Hall of Fame Inductee, 1999

3 minutes ago, Brew_Poke said:

I don't think it was worse.  They lost to a 6-2 Mountain West team.  That's got to be better than losing to a 4-4 Sun Belt team, doesn't it?  Maybe I'm misinterpreting, and you mean that Boise lost more than SDSU did (meaning a potential playoff spot)?

I definitely took it to mean it was worse in terms of opportunity lost as a result.

25 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

As halfmanhalfbronco said, it's based on a season of work. Therefore how good you guys are in comparison to SDSU and vice versa will be decided when we play at your house in a couple weeks and then when the two teams meet in the conference title game in December assuming we do.

Boise? They totally screwed the pooch. SDSU's loss at Mobile was terrible but Boise's loss at Laramie was even worse. Boise may still get to a good bowl game but they better not lose to Air Farce in their season finale or they could wind up playing some shitty G5 opponent.

Boise still ranked in both polls after a loss in Laramie....SUDS dropped out after their loss in Mobile.....still receiving votes in both polls so that's good!  Hope you're right as to how the CCG may play out.

It SUCKS to be a CSU Ram!

25 minutes ago, Brew_Poke said:

I don't think it was worse.  They lost to a 6-2 Mountain West team.  That's got to be better than losing to a 4-4 Sun Belt team, doesn't it?  Maybe I'm misinterpreting, and you mean that Boise lost more than SDSU did (meaning a potential playoff spot)?

That's exactly what I meant. I'm not at all predicting it will happen but the way things have shaped up, the following could happen.

If you guys lose to just SDSU down the stretch and we don't lose again, we'll host you in the MWC title game and if we win that one too and WMU loses one more game, we have a great chance to play in the access bowl. Boise? If that scenario plays out, they're screwed. Because if that scenario plays out, even if they win the rest of their games, they will finish 11-1 whereas SDSU would be 12-1 with two victories over the team which beat them. Therefore, the chances of them being ranked higher than SDSU would be slim and none and if I understand the access rules correctly, you can't go if you didn't win your conference so even if they did finish higher ranked than us, they would be out of the access bowl.

Bottom line is it was a horrible loss for Boise UNLESS you beat SDSU in Laramie but lose two other games and what are the chances of that? Because even if you lose one other game, if you beat SDSU, you'll win the Mountain division by a tiebreaker. Given how calm all the Boise fans have been here, they probably don't get that.

Boom goes the dynamite.

16 minutes ago, Aztecs Rising said:

I base my rankings on the entire body of work over head to head (as it should be)...Also, I take a look at statistics and their respective league rankings...(points for, points against, total offense and total defense) 

UNLV ranks higher in all 4 of those over SJSU

Comparing  Nevada to SJSU, it's pretty close in 3 of those stats, but what separated them is Nevada ranks 5th in MW in scoring defense vs 11th for SJSU

I base my opinion on what I saw with my own eyes, in person.

Champ Logo.jpg

15 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

That's exactly what I meant. I'm not at all predicting it will happen but the way things have shaped up, the following could happen.

If you guys lose to just SDSU down the stretch and we don't lose again, we'll host you in the MWC title game and if we win that one too and WMU loses one more game, we have a great chance to play in the access bowl. Boise? If that scenario plays out, they're screwed. Because if that scenario plays out, even if they win the rest of their games, they will finish 11-1 whereas SDSU would be 12-1 with two victories over the team which beat them. Therefore, the chances of them being ranked higher than SDSU would be slim and none and if I understand the access rules correctly, you can't go if you didn't win your conference so even if they did finish higher ranked than us, they would be out of the access bowl.

Bottom line is it was a horrible loss for Boise UNLESS you beat SDSU in Laramie but lose two other games and what are the chances of that? Because even if you lose one other game, if you beat SDSU, you'll win the Mountain division by a tiebreaker. Given how calm all the Boise fans have been here, they probably don't get that.

It had worse consequences, gotcha.

Boise fans are calm because we have been paying attention. We all know this team has been dancing on the edge and was going to  drop off at some point.

It's a good team, but not a great team. There are some solid pieces and a lot of room for improvement. It is what it is.

If it wasn't Wyoming, it was going to be someone else coming up. I'm happy for the pokes. They've been waiting a long time to turn that blasted corner.

One of the Final Five..........

26 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Trust me, we get it.  More than most.  We are calm because we have been there, done that and will do it again.  It is not like this season was a once in a lifetime opportunity for our program like Fresno with Carr.

1 hour ago, Mike Morgan said:

I base my opinion on what I saw with my own eyes, in person.

Fair point...I admit the 42-3 Aztec beatdown over the Spartans did sway my opinion a bit.

San_Diego_State_Logotype.png 

"Finally we decided it's crazy that we can win games by throwing the ball without the best personnel. So we threw the hell out  of the ball and won some games. When we started doing that, we were like 55–5–1."

Don Coryell, head coach 1961-1972

104 wins, 19 losses, 2 ties including 3 undefeated seasons: 1966, 1968, 1969     College Football Hall of Fame Inductee, 1999

1 hour ago, mysfit said:

Boise fans are calm because we have been paying attention. We all know this team has been dancing on the edge and was going to  drop off at some point.

It's a good team, but not a great team. There are some solid pieces and a lot of room for improvement. It is what it is.

If it wasn't Wyoming, it was going to be someone else coming up. I'm happy for the pokes. They've been waiting a long time to turn that blasted corner.

Pretty much.  We might drop another as well.

4 minutes ago, son of a gun said:

I don't know, the flyboys have seemed broken since we played them.

Triple option, turnovers, senior night you never know.  Especially with this Boise team and its propensity for making critical mistakes every week,

8 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Could be.  Maybe a turnover fiesta at AFA.  I would say the odds are 50/50 we drop another game in the regular season.

I'm not seeing it. You don't think it gets them to close ranks and go on a scorched earth campaign?