mugtang

OT: Walking Dead Season 7 Watch Thread

That may have been the last straw for me. I've semi-hate watched it for the last season+ but last night may have been it. The whole show is just about torturing these characters for no reason. They are not building toward anything, no goal other than to get by and things will continue to get worse and worse for them. Exploring hopelessness is interesting and fine but not for season after season after season. Plus I am finding myself caring less and less about the characters. I will probably still watch it but it is becoming a bit of a chore for me.

*these thoughts are my opinions only and not a judgment of others who enjoy the show.

• Like 4

I agree with you.  End of Season 5 and most of last season lost me. 

Plus, they've hit on a boring, repetitive formula (find safe space, make into home, bad guy threatens it, safe space no longer safe, hit the road looking for new safe space - farm, prison, Terminus, Alexandria, etc.).

• Like 3

The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears; it was their final, most essential command.

Sorry, didn't mean to thread-crap.  I'll bow out now. 

*these thoughts are my opinions only and not a judgment of others who enjoy the show.

The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears; it was their final, most essential command.

On 10/25/2016 at 10:34 AM, Jwherb said:

I agree with you.  End of Season 5 and most of last season lost me. 

Plus, they've hit on a boring, repetitive formula (find safe space, make into home, bad guy threatens it, safe space no longer safe, hit the road looking for new safe space - farm, prison, Terminus, Alexandria, etc.).

That's fair but I think they're in Alexandria now for the long haul.  There's going to be a war between Alexandria, the Kingdom, Hilltop and the Saviors.  I'm actually looking forward to seeing what happens. 

• Like 2

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

9 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Hide contents

Whats up with the pigs eating zombies?  Is it a metaphor or does it serve an actual purpose? 

Spoiler

That's a good question.  I'm not sure but it's obvious pigs eating the dead doesn't harm them at all.

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

16 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Hide contents

Whats up with the pigs eating zombies?  Is it a metaphor or does it serve an actual purpose? 

Probably the same pigs they sold/gave to that other group...pretty sure there's some underlying animosity between the groups.

San_Diego_State_Logotype.png 

"Finally we decided it's crazy that we can win games by throwing the ball without the best personnel. So we threw the hell out  of the ball and won some games. When we started doing that, we were like 55–5–1."

Don Coryell, head coach 1961-1972

104 wins, 19 losses, 2 ties including 3 undefeated seasons: 1966, 1968, 1969     College Football Hall of Fame Inductee, 1999

2 hours ago, mugtang said:
  Hide contents

That's a good question.  I'm not sure but it's obvious pigs eating the dead doesn't harm them at all.

impossible to say since the pigs are killed were killed or sold right after being fed walker flesh.  We do not know if that was their sole diet.  As an Idahoan who comes from a family with a rich agricultural background I can tell you the diet you feed your animals has an effect on the nutritional quality of the meat.  If I feed a pig rotten human flesh (not zombie flesh that is different variable with no possible ability to quantify, part of the reason I love this series) for a year the pig would die.  That leads me to think they are being fed walker meat right before being sold.

3 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Hide contents

impossible to say since the pigs are killed were killed or sold right after being fed walker flesh.  We do not know if that was their sole diet.  As an Idahoan who comes from a family with a rich agricultural background I can tell you the diet you feed your animals has an effect on the nutritional quality of the meat.  If I feed a pig rotten human flesh (not zombie flesh that is different variable with no possible ability to quantify, part of the reason I love this series) for a year the pig would die.  That leads me to think they are being fed walker meat right before being sold.

On the talking dead they mentioned that.  They could be slowly poisoning the saviors.  Although we all know that ultimately they go to war with the Saviors with Alexandria.   

1 minute ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Another solid episode.  Did anyboyd else notice that Dwight went past the place where Darly blew up that group of saviors on bikes with an RPG while he was tracking down his old friend?

Yep, me thinks Dwight will end up helping Darryl. If he doesn't kill Negan for taking his wife and throwing it in his face , he will help Darryl to do it....

19 minutes ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

Yep, me thinks Dwight will end up helping Darryl. If he doesn't kill Negan for taking his wife and throwing it in his face , he will help Darryl to do it....

Don't think Negan dies.  I think he becomes a prisoner in Alexandria.

This show still can't figure out how to write female characters. The show has three major badasses who are all at various stages of breaking down and going through major transitions: Rick, Daryl, and Carol.

Rick- Stuck to has convictions and badassness but finally broke... but only after the biggest villain in the show's history brutally murders two members of his group, threatens him with an ax, throws him out to a group of zombies, shoots at him with a gun, and demands him to cut his own son's arm off.

Daryl- Responsible for the gruesome death of one of his best friends, living off dog food sandwiches, being tortured in solitary confinement, under constant threat of getting his skull bashed in by a baseball bat... but he's still a badass and won't break down!

Carol- Quite possibly the biggest badass on the show, one day out of the blue she decides she can't protect the ones she loves any more because her emotions and stuff.

It's so +++++ing stupid! She's unbelievably cunning. She singlehandedly killed an entire village. She murdered a +++++ing toddler!

But to their credit, they've come a long way from the brutal female characters the show started with. (Rick's wife, Carol 1.0, Maggie 1.0, that awful blonde haired lady who nailed the Govna)

• Like 1