Jump to content
Warbow

Can someone help me please

Recommended Posts

UC Santa Barbara is top 30 in the US, top-50 in the world.  Most of our peers are in the Big Ten. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jdgaucho said:

UC Santa Barbara is top 30 in the US, top-50 in the world.  Most of our peers are in the Big Ten. 

But you all not smart enough to learn the game of football?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dpc8302 said:

There are 72 FBS teams on the list.  Hawaii is the highest ranked G5 public university.  

Institutions within the same rank range are listed alphabetically.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, happycamper said:

 

Institutions within the same rank range are listed alphabetically.

Only UMASS is in the same rank range as UH.  At worst, UH would be 3rd overall G5 (2nd public)behind Rice and the Minutemen.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

UC Santa Cruz is ranked higher than UVA, Emory and GT?  Okay.

 

Irvine over Vanderbilt?  Da+++++outtahere

Like I said...proximity...that list has like 6 Cali school in the first 13...we good, we ain't that good tho.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, roughrider said:

Reach.  World University rankings?  Seriously.  

Those things are as bad as preseason football polls.

 

Preseason football polls only has 130+ teams.  MOE is much less than what a world institution list would be.

 

This is like having a bag of 5,000 rocks, and you have to rank the best.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Preseason football polls only has 130+ teams.  MOE is much less than what a world institution list would be.

 

This is like having a bag of 5,000 rocks, and you have to rank the best.

Well first sort out the diamonds, then the rubies, then the topazes.

Now with the remaining 4900 rocks, sort out the sandstone and limestone and basalt and gneiss and schist and slate and shale. Quickly!

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, happycamper said:

Well first sort out the diamonds, then the rubies, then the topazes.

Now with the remaining 4900 rocks, sort out the sandstone and limestone and basalt and gneiss and schist and slate and shale. Quickly!

If we are going with AztecSU's assumption, what if beauty or price is not the end-all-be-all?  And what is our true metric?  Is your category similar to private, public, non-profit and religious? 

Are we willing to qualify UC Santa Cruz as a diamond, and UVA as a lesser but still nice topaz?

 

 

And leave it to the geologist to break out that analogy!

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Preseason football polls only has 130+ teams.  MOE is much less than what a world institution list would be.

 

This is like having a bag of 5,000 rocks, and you have to rank the best.

I do think they get the top 30 or so, even if the order is screwed up.    But to measure a university in Hungary with one in Delaware is a joke. Who's attending those classes to do the eval? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, East Coast Aztec said:

UC Santa Cruz is ranked higher than UVA, Emory and GT?  Okay.

 

Irvine over Vanderbilt?  Da+++++outtahere

The fact that San Diego St is even on this list makes this list questionable.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...