Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MAD MACGYVER

Geographical Center of Gravity for Each FBS Conference

24570143_BSUBACKGROUNDBANNERANDY1AWELCOME.png.5fa1e131a0fec4c26c0be2f4d0a420eb.png

망치를 가진 남자에게는, 모든것이 못처럼 보인다.

원숭이도 나무에서 떨어진다.

If you posted this on a Big XII message board the Longhorn members there would label you a heretic for claiming Austin is not the center of the Big XII universe and for suggesting with your new fangled map that the football world does indeed extend beyond the Texas border.  Come to think of it there are probably a few SDSU members here that would make similar claims for San Diego with regard to the MWC PAC.

BIG 12
http://goo.gl/ySsfNi

1 hour ago, SpartanGrad said:

I wonder how we could show the population mid-point on this. Good work all the same. 

The Geo Midpoint calculator allows you to use population as a weighting factor.

From the site, "As an alternative, you can use 'Other weight' to enter population or other weighting factors for each location."

Just type in the city then under weighting key in the population number you want to use for that location.

It is just a question of whether to use MSA population, DMA population, etc.

15 hours ago, MAD MACGYVER said:

Nice.  You could superimpose it on this one to drive home the point.

USpop1990.gif

20 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

The most scary motel on the planet? It has a seat at the table, for sure.

8 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

The most scary motel on the planet? It has a seat at the table, for sure.

They're going to have a press conference announcing the move just as soon as Thompson's private jet arrives. Until then, here's the official promo:

Boom goes the dynamite.

50 minutes ago, Del Scorcho said:

isn't MWC basically Area 51

Area 52.  we can't even get that sh!t right.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

3 hours ago, Brew_Poke said:

Nice.  You could superimpose it on this one to drive home the point.

USpop1990.gif

Done, I added it to the first post.

24570143_BSUBACKGROUNDBANNERANDY1AWELCOME.png.5fa1e131a0fec4c26c0be2f4d0a420eb.png

망치를 가진 남자에게는, 모든것이 못처럼 보인다.

원숭이도 나무에서 떨어진다.

On July 31, 2016 at 9:26 PM, 4UNLV said:

so, tonopah...i was just there this week.

Maybe Tonopah is where we should have our CCG and conference basketball tournaments.  Build MW hq there.  Build a stadium and arena.  When Trump loses he could build that town into a place rivaling Vegas and Reno.  Rename it Trumpopah.

Have the Trump-HairThompson Bowl.....they both have terrific hair!  So maybe just call it the Hair Bowl.  I don't think there's any hair better than those two's.  Tonopah would become a collegiate sports Mecca!  Trump could make it the center of college sports betting.  MW would be great again! 

;D

~ FF

24 minutes ago, FresnoFanatic said:

Maybe Tonopah is where we should have our CCG and conference basketball tournaments.  Build MW hq there.  Build a stadium and arena.  When Trump loses he could build that town into a place rivaling Vegas and Reno.  Rename it Trumpopah.

Have the Trump-HairThompson Bowl.....they both have terrific hair!  So maybe just call it the Hair Bowl.  I don't think there's any hair better than those two's.  Tonopah would become a collegiate sports Mecca!  Trump could make it the center of college sports betting.  MW would be great again! 

;D

So would the new MWC rallying cry/slogan be....... I'm with Hair?

3 hours ago, FresnoFanatic said:

So somebody let you in on that secret too?

Trump may even re-name the Clown Motel. However, most of us think it fits Craig Thompson and the MWC to a T.

Boom goes the dynamite.