Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Cowboy Junky

Pine Bluffs Wyoming 2017 recruit, Hunter Thompson, decommitted from Creighton...

Guest Cowboy Junky
On 7/15/2016 at 7:06 PM, ph90702 said:

It's time for Wyoming to step up.  Get some three star recruits, and start playing tougher road/neutral site games.

We've got some. In fact, we've already got a 4 star that hits the court in 2017. Right now we're in the final group for three MORE guys that are 2017 four star recruits: Tyler Bay, Hunter Thompson, and Parker Stewart.

One of them visits Laramie this weekend. Hopefully, Thompson commits after his visit this weekend.

Guest Cowboy Junky

With the roster we already have in Laramie, Wyoming is on the verge of another MWC basketball dynasty. Hunter Thompson is a monster commit for the Pokes. Our post is going to be stacked for the next 4-5 years.

This is the big one though: the home state kid.

It really is a great day to be a Cowboy fan.

On July 15, 2016 at 7:06 PM, ph90702 said:

It's time for Wyoming to step up.  Get some three star recruits, and start playing tougher road/neutral site games.

Guess what.

" I believe that forgiving them is God's function.

OUR job is to arrange the meeting. " - General Schwarzkopf

Guest Cowboy Junky
4 hours ago, ph90702 said:

You did the first part.  Now, it's time for the second part.

Actually, we've done that already too. Wyoming is in big pre-season tournaments for the next few seasons. Our schedule will improve from those pre-conference tourneys over the next few years. We'll see what Allen Edwards philosophy is for scheduling. There is a rumor of a Kentucky game against Allen's college team. That would be sweet.

On 9/1/2016 at 7:52 AM, Cowboy Junky said:

We've got some. In fact, we've already got a 4 star that hits the court in 2017. Right now we're in the final group for three MORE guys that are 2017 four star recruits: Tyler Bay, Hunter Thompson, and Parker Stewart.

One of them visits Laramie this weekend. Hopefully, Thompson commits after his visit this weekend.

All those players are 3 star by some scouting services and 4 star by other. I think we generally consider a player a 4 star if all thee major services (Scout, ESPN, Rivals) rates him as one. Thompson is 3.3, Bey is 3.7, Stewart is 3 star by all services. 

SDSU has had 5 upper half NCAA berths in a row.

3 hours ago, Cowboy Junky said:

Actually, we've done that already too. Wyoming is in big pre-season tournaments for the next few seasons. Our schedule will improve from those pre-conference tourneys over the next few years. We'll see what Allen Edwards philosophy is for scheduling. There is a rumor of a Kentucky game against Allen's college team. That would be sweet.

Home and home with South Carolina. Frank Martin was Coach Edwards AAU coach I believe.

7 hours ago, Cowboy Junky said:

We'll see.  I'm not sold yet.

Guest Cowboy Junky
9 hours ago, AztecBill said:

All those players are 3 star by some scouting services and 4 star by other. I think we generally consider a player a 4 star if all thee major services (Scout, ESPN, Rivals) rates him as one. Thompson is 3.3, Bey is 3.7, Stewart is 3 star by all services. 

Actually, most Wyoming fans don't give a crap about the star rating system. It's flawed and it usually favors people in high population areas. It's east coast biased as hell. It favors BCS schools.

Parker Stewart is 4 star by ESPN.

The thing most Wyoming fans are excited about is that we're beating a lot of major programs to get to these kids. We beat Memphis to get Louis Adams. We beat a bunch of big schools to Buddha Jones. We beat a lot of really good schools including, Nevada, CU, UNLV and others to Hunter Thompson.

The new staff is bringing in high quality kids, regardless of your opinion about how many 4 star services have to agree on a kids rating for him to be considered a four star.

You know as well as I do, that fans are going to put 4 star next to a players name if any of the major recruiting services refer to him as a 4 star.

So yeah, he's a four star. He's not a consensus 4 star, by all the rating services. Who cares? We're not trying to win the pre-season recruiting rankings competition. That's UNLV baby.

Guest Cowboy Junky
4 hours ago, ph90702 said:

We'll see.  I'm not sold yet.

In 2017 we play in the Cayman Islands Classis with Cinci, UAB, Iowa, and four teams yet to be named. We'll get at least two big name games in that tourney.

We've got pre-season tourneys lined up for the next few years. It will help the SOS.